Home

Something really odd but cool just happened in my game...

The Distorted

...I had just arrived at the Hrakert Rift (from the submersible) on Manaan with Juhani in my party, and as soon as it finished loading, she ran off on her own and started opening loads of the doors, and that Twi'lek mercenary followed her, while pulling out one of those stun-baton thingies, and they kept on until Juhani opened one of the doors that the crazied Selkath were behind, then back down the corridor and started fighting the sentry droids.

After they finished though, they just stopped, with Juhani returning to "normal", and the mercenary just standing there.

If I talked to him, he would just start the conversation as normal, and of course (but still oddly) saying how he didn't want me to open the door, etc as usual.

Carth was my other part member at the time, and he just acted as normal (following where I lead etc.)

Weird, but very enteratining while it lasted...

PS This may sound foolish, but how do you insert an image?

Your companions sometimes run off and fight without you. I think it's a script thing, but I'm far from an expert. The combat thingy for the merc probably triggered when she ran off in combat mode - I know he's capable of combat, as I think you can attack him yourself.

Yeah I thought so too, but what was the trigger? And why only Juhani? Plus, I've had an incident before when in Kotor 2 Visas saw an enemy through the next room and so opened the door to fight him, but here, she was just running and opening doors, and ignored the Selkath even though she opned a door to them, then ran off in the another direction. It was only when one of the droids fired at, and successfully hit Juhani that she fought them (and consequently so did the Twi'lek mercenary), until then she ignored all the enemies around her.

That's why it seemed a little extra odd to me. Pointless and obiously random, but just kinda cool I guess.

I've had similar incidents happen. Two of my party members would run off, unlock doors, etc, etc then come back. I think the glitch detects opponents and causes your characters to "see" them. I get a similar glitch when it comes to objects like trunks in another room and you "see" it through the wall.

I've had similar incidents happen. Two of my party members would run off, unlock doors, etc, etc then come back. I think the glitch detects opponents and causes your characters to "see" them. I get a similar glitch when it comes to objects like trunks in another room and you "see" it through the wall.

Yeah, and it was just weird that Juhani opened that door (the first one) where normally it's scripted for you to have to talk to the mercenary before you can pass...

as I said, Visas has done that many times before by detecting enemies, but this time Juhani and the merc completely ignored the enemies, even when opening a door to the Selkath, then ran off in another direction to open more doors, just for the sake of it!

The droids firing on them reset the situation though, causing her to fight them as per usual.

Maybe the place smelled abit so she had to open a few doors let the air out. Good thing she didn't find the airlocks. Eitherway, i think this was a random path glitch more than anything. The only thing i can think of is possibly a split second cutscene or whatever created a duplicate across the other side of the level. Juhani being the closest decided to run to that Revan ending up with running back to your revan. Thats my theory now give me a medal.

Maybe the place smelled abit so she had to open a few doors let the air out. Good thing she didn't find the airlocks. Eitherway, i think this was a random path glitch more than anything. The only thing i can think of is possibly a split second cutscene or whatever created a duplicate across the other side of the level. Juhani being the closest decided to run to that Revan ending up with running back to your revan. Thats my theory now give me a medal.

That sounds plausable I guess. :hattip:

*gives you a medal, and some random crown I found lying about somewhere*

*Light side points gained*

*Net lightside shift*

Damn, you made me turn good! :drop2:

I never understood that Net shift thing. Still dunno what it is.

It's either when you change your alignment significantly in the one or the opposite direction, or when you simultaneously receive lightside and darkside points in one act/conversation (basically you make contrasting choices) and one overpowers the other in how many points you received being greater than the other direction.

I was refering to the prior (hinting at my usual darkside nature :D )

Anyway, I shall redeem my darkside self by taking back the crown -

:king1:

*darkside points gained*

*net darkside shift*

;)

I've had something similiar happen or the game pauses to let me know there was an enemy through the door. Since I know where all the bad guys are placed, I take the route furthest away or switch to solo mode. It usually stops the characters from going where I don't want them to go, especially that big merc fight in TSL on the base. Try that or it may be just a glitch. I wouldn't know since I usually take Juhani and Bastila or Jolee, depending on what order I decide to go to Manaan.

Some other similar things that happened to me where:

1- My character going right to the corner of one room. It didn´t mind what I did, he just went running there. It happened me in the sith base at Taris in on of the rooms filled with sith soldiers. When the fight finished all went normal.

2- In Korriban, in Adjunta Pal´s tomb my party members ignored me. When I entered the tomb chamber they came with me, but they didn´t help me at all. Then I loaded the game and all went well.

Know any reason? Thanks.

Hee, maybe Juhani was looking for a bathroom or something...

You know, what with all that water around... ;P

(I am so sorry for that, but it struck me as funny :))

Not funny... Juhani is a kitty, and would most probably use the sand box... so if anything should would go crazy on tatooine, in one of those jawa windows.

OK, that aside, it seems to be definitely a glitch then. Did you set her to automatically attack enemies??

Even if you do, the "ignore other enemies" thing is still weird.

Worse off, she opens a door that is supposed to be "for you only"

Not funny... Juhani is a kitty, and would most probably use the sand box... so if anything should would go crazy on tatooine, in one of those jawa windows.

OK, that aside, it seems to be definitely a glitch then. Did you set her to automatically attack enemies??

Even if you do, the "ignore other enemies" thing is still weird.

Worse off, she opens a door that is supposed to be "for you only"

Yeah - I'm pretty certain it was just some random glitch.

and no - I had not set her to auto-attack, so yeah, it's mostly weird cos of her specifically opening doors (and one of which that normally requires an event to be triggered before hand) and the ignoring enemies deal.

I actually wish she hadn't been hit by the droids so she would've carried on running and opening doors and to see where she ended up, or something - but that would've never really been possible, she would've always been hit eventually (seeing as she kept on opening doors to where all the enemies were)...

I'll just accept it as what it no doubt was - an unexplainable "fault".

I've had that problem in Kotor Carth would always go running off and open doors on his own especially in the Sith Base on Taris, he'd be down the hall in another room dying just after we finished clearing a room and I was trying to explore and re-generate.

Atton is sometimes prone to this in Kotor II, for instance at first I always have to switch to him to get him join a fight but then when we get to Telos surface he's all for running through the mines and getting himself blown up and it doesn't seem to matter what script I put him on. I chalk it up to him having a death wish because he can't live with his past ;)

That reminds me actually of a game my brother was playing on KotOR II - he had negative influence with Visas, and (I'm still not sure) but we think this may have been the cause to what can only be described as her "erratic behaviour". It first happened (cos my brother didn't use her alot) when he fought in the civil war on Onderon - she would go ape-crazy (no matter how she was "programmed") and start fighting people very far away on her own, mixing up her tactics by using loads of force powers (offensive and defensive), standard melee attacks, and special feat-melee attacks as well. She did it whenever she could (she'd run off at the first sign of an enemy after the gaps between the various fights).

I know part of the reason is because she sees her enemies through force sight, but so does Kreia and she wasn't doing anything like this. The fact that it had never happened in my games was also odd. In all my games, I had always gotten strong positive influence with her, and she was always "under my control", which makes me pray that this is some kind of intentional artificial intelligence that was put in the game that you can trigger. Plot-wise it would make sense though, that's why it would be so awesome if it was deliberate. I mean, Visas swears her whole life to you (the Exile) saying "My life, for yours" and *spoiler* you can even make her literally back up that claim in the fight against Nihilus *spoiler* - so it would make sense, that if she is rejected by the Exile, and had also left Nihilus' control too, then she has nothing (or at least in her mind) to live for, as she does not seem to value her own life within its own context, much (if at all). She thus develops a death wish, and goes on random rampages through her lack of care of the outcome...

Anyway - as you say - I like to think that too, even if it isn't necessarily true... :^::cheers:

doesn't Juhani have some kind of side quest late in the game thats disabled, but involves a Twilek male that she knows from Taris? Is it possible this could be the same Twilek, and being that she knows him perhaps she's scripted to act on her own to protect him?

Or maybe she was in heat, our cats always run off on their own when they're in heat, just a thought :o)

I'm not sure - but you could be referring to the sidequest she actually has, where she meets an ex-Mandalorian twi'lek who tried to buy her when she was put up for slavery (and incidentally, he was also the one who killed her father), before Revan arrived and freed all the slaves. He says he'll attack at some point, and a little later he does (with two other cronies), and after the fight, you can either let Juhani give in to her hate and strike him down (even though he's going to die anyway) or make her remember the Jedi code, and he dies an undignified death (all this time he is taunting her to kill him off). I think he was called Xor, and he has a distinctly deep-purple shade to his skin, to make him stand out from the other twi'leks.

You can initiate this sidequest through maxing out your talking sessions with her, and have her in your party when you are in the docking area on one of the planets. I have had this happen both on Manaan and Korriban myself, but Kashyyyk and Tatooine are no doubt just as possible too. When you meet him again (for the actual fight) it will be in the same docking area as before, when he issued the challenge.

This is a different instance of something odd but cool happening in the game I am playing on XBOX at the moment.

On Tatooine after the Krayt Dragon cave, the party is met by Darth Bandon as it is the 4th planet.

I have Juhani and Bastila in the party with my Female Soldier/Counsular.

In the middle of fight Darth Bandon turns around and starts walking away. Both the Dark Jedi with him are dead. The 3 characters chase after him continuing to hit him for damage with lightsabers but he does not fight back or even turn around, eventually he is killed out on the dunes.

I was wondering if it was an effect of Bastilla's battle meditation or just some weird glitch I had not seen before.

Definetly a glitch, I've never seen that happen before and I've played a few games at least that far into the game. Besides I think there would have been some dialogue or something if it was a battle Meditation effect, and Bastilla seems to have to concentrate pretty hard while meditating

I've had something similar happen occasionally. While fighting those first three droids sometimes my companions (usually Juhani, Jolee or Bastila) will open that first door where the Selkath are and start attacking them while I'm still trying to take down the droids. :rolleyes:

Archived