Home

Revan's not a Sith? (spoilers)

Nancy Allen``

When it is revealed that the PC is Revan, when s/he takes the mask off, they do not appear diseased or anything like those who had fallen to the Dark Side had. A few others (Kreia, Attris) are the same. Is there any significence to this? Does it imply that maybe Revan isn't evil the way Malak and Sith masters are?

Yeah? Maybe I remember it wrong.

Just on the topic of Revan, when the Jedi reprogrammed him he would have been a servent of the light, right? The type to make even Bastila green with envy. Any memories that would come back of him as being the Sith Lord would, most likely, lead to the evil choices that could be made. So what's up with Revan cracking wise and trying to get Bastila (or Carth if female Revan) to kiss and all the middle of the road options that are avalible? Are some of these the true side of Revan? He did build HK and loved the whole 'meatbag' deal. Did the Jedi purposely make Revan more human than devine, to make the ruse look better? Or am I simply reading too much into it and the choices have little to do with the PC being Revan in mind?

The only thing they really did to Revan was probably put up a few barriers in his/her mind to prevent Revan from resurfacing, I don't think there was any intention to make Revan a pure servant of light or anything. I think the original belief was that Revan was so badly damaged from Malak's failed attempt to kill him/her that Revan may not have been strong enough to help battle the Sith (in terms of force powers) which would explain why you start out at level one & all. The only intention was to watch over Revan onboard the Endar Spire in hopes of any development that could prove useful. Then the events of Taris came up, Revan rescues Bastila, Carth has a few visons etc. Well thats only what I think at least...

Well, IMHO the point was that even though Revan's mind and experiences were lost, the same person essentially remained. Facing new choices and new possibilities, it's again up to the person what to do with them. I think the way it was intended was that, yes, you could succumb to the Dark Side again, or you could follow the path to the Light. Uh, yeah. RPG and all...

And yes, your PC does have the DS eyes and face when you remove the mask in the cutscene.

As stated in KOTOR 2 the darkside will come out in your body as well as your soul. That is why they have the whole darkside transitions thing. Things like that can actually happen in real life, people can break out or loose color in their skin and hair if they go through something trumatic or disturbing. I personally think this is way cool and is just a great visual effect (though I think they overdid it in TSL)

maybe he went to the dark side in order to stay with bstila since they loved each other nd the jedi council doesnt let the jedi have any relationships between each other.... just like anakin to save padme when she gave birth to luke... maybe im wrong....

Love doesn't lead to the darkside. Passion can lead to rage and fear and can be controlled. Controlling your passions while being in love, that's what the Jedi shoould teach you.

They say the Force can do terrible things to a mind. Can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity---big clue here for Revan. Memories can be wiped but personality can't.

When it is revealed that the PC is Revan, when s/he takes the mask off, they do not appear diseased or anything like those who had fallen to the Dark Side had. A few others (Kreia, Attris) are the same. Is there any significence to this? Does it imply that maybe Revan isn't evil the way Malak and Sith masters are?

I guess it depends on the face you choose. Some depict the Dark Side better than others. The Dark Side influence was always obvious on the character face I used.

Some people have a better grasp of the dark side than others do and can keep the worst parts of it in check.

They know the extent in which they can use their dark side powers so as to not totally corrupt their bodies.

I mean like in the star wars movies, the emperor used his dark side powers so much it corrupted his body to the point where he looked scared and deformed and couldnt do much, whereas Vader besides his already obvious impairments was able to harness the dark side in such a way where he could use it and not cause any further corruption than what was already done to him. They mention that sort of thing in the SOTE novel.

I think thats what happened with Revan/Atris and some of the others who have turned to the dark side.

Luke does as well, such as in RotJ when he force chokes that Gammorean, and parts of SotE when Luke's angry at Dash Render. I'm not sure where I read it but he very much follows the belief that what, say, Bastila might consider a Dark Side power or something a Sith would do is perfectly acceptable in the proper context.

Also, it seems like if your Darkside useage reduces you look better again. Like Revan at the start of the game. Also Quel-Droma looks normal after he gets neutered from the force.

Now, I really don't see tattoos to be more obvious during darkside though as per Bao Dur. Does this mean you have to be DS to have cool looking tats?

I would think that the more powerful Dark Side users would have LESS deformities/scarring etc, because they can control it. Sidious was not scarred at all until the confrontation with Mace Windu, and he seems no more munted in the original trilogy films, perhaps even less so.

If in Revenge of the Sith Sidious' scarring was less so than what you see in the original trilogy then that would lend weight to the argument that the Dark Side has physically scarred him, but as it is the same or even more scarred looking I think this is a sign that Sidious was powerful enough to prevent it from happening to himself.

My opinion anyway.

Also, it wouldn't mean that revan was not a Sith. Just that he wasn't scarred ...

With Revan not being as bad off as Palpatine, maybe it has to do with how insidious one is. Palpatine did the most horrid things (Order 66, obviously the Beast was hard at work on this one) and revelled in it. The more evil he could do, the more it pleased him. Same for say, Malek, as his torture of Bastila showed. Vader did not derive pleasure from the evil acts he committed, they were more...his duty I guess. Maybe that's why some arn't as bad off, with Revan waging war on the Republic to prepare them for the true threat or whatever reason s\he had doing it, Atris truely believed the Exile was evil, Kreia in her own way was right to slay the Jedi masters and be the way she was.

It is not clear how evil Revan actually was during his time as the Lord of the Sith. Some say he turned to the darkside to prepare the galaxy for the real threat (I consider this a lame reason, all that true sith things..)

Others say, just like about any Sith, he wanted to rule the galaxy.

Now, turning to the Dark side doesnt mean your face turns ugly. That is just the way Kotor expresses that you have turned to the dark side.

Ok, there is Palpatine. But what about Maul, Dooku and Vader? Maul tatooted his skin on purpose, Dooku looks normal, Vader (apart from his injuries) too.

True, and Exile, who the galaxy considered to be the personification of evil. What she did at Malechor V was meant to be far worse than anything Revan, Malek, Mandalore or Exar Kun had ever done. Then there was Peragus and Grenn was after her about it, Atris wanted the Exile dead, Go-To criticised her for it and he's with the Exchange, the Jedi wanted to blind her I think it was, and yet it's very easy to get maximum light side points and she doesn't appear currupted by the Dark Side, it's neutral just like Revan was at the start of the game.

hang on, where did you get this exile to be the personification of evil? the exile had no choice as bao durr said, and i think it depends on your alignment as regards what gets said to you regarding the mass shadow generator, as when playing dark side i got slated for it, but when lightside it was something i had to do.

atris was just jealous cause she fancies the exile ;) and how was what the exile did far worse than mandalore? mandalore laid waste too loads of worlds, 'all' the exile did was destroy the 2 fleets at malachor 5

Archived