Home

Greatest game ending - Massive spoiler

Lantzen

Most of the endings where just ok, but the Brujah* ending with Jack. Now that one rocked. Probably the only time I have ever actually yelled "YES" while watching an ending. It was perfect!

Huh? Do you get a different ending if your PC is Brujah, or did you simply call it "the Brujah ending" because Jack was Brujah?

Being as I'm pretty much in a slight agreeance with stoffe on this one... I actually don't remember very many game endings, because they ended the fun. But if I were to list my favorite all time games, Chrono Trigger comes to mind, and the fact that it had 7 endings maybe makes it "great", lol. I didn't like either KotOR ending because it meant I was expected to put massive amounts of work into modding... lol (j/k) Also in somewhat of an agreeance with stoffe, a couple of the scare few endings I remember, were the endings to the Kingdom Hearts games, I thought those are great examples of cliffhangar endings with teaser movies.

None. The ending means that the fun game you've just played is over, there's nothing great about that. :) (And if it wasn't fun I wouldn't have played that far anyway.) For that reason the ending of games I play and movies I watch always feel a little anticlimactic, no matter how "good" they otherwise are.

In that respect cliffhanger endings are better than definite ones, since they promise more to come. :)

Amen

Obviously I like the KotOR endings, and if I had to choose favorites I'd say DS for KotOR and LS for TSL

The end of Neverwinter Nights is quite good too, and the expansions...

Huh? Do you get a different ending if your PC is Brujah, or did you simply call it "the Brujah ending" because Jack was Brujah?

No, it dosen't matter what class you are. What matters is who you side with by chosing where to go by talking to the cab driver just before the end.

You can side with the Asian Vampire Lady (Sorry, her name escapes me at the moment), the Brujah, or Prince Lecroix. I think there are four endings for some reason, but I can't think what the other is. I could be wrong though...

Edit: Ah, I remember. You can side with "yourself."

By the way, I do know who the cab driver really is, but I'm calling him "the cab driver" just to save the spoiler since its a pretty good one.

Final Fantasy IX.

SW: XW vs Tie: Balance of Power Campaigns: Rebel Alliance ..... using a corellian corvette packed with explosives to smash into a Super Star Destroyer......twas awesome :D

If any of you are thinking "huh....Ive never heard of that..." you shouldnt be hanging around in a SW gaming forum :p

mtfbwya

You can side with the Asian Vampire Lady (Sorry, her name escapes me at the moment), the Brujah, or Prince Lecroix. I think there are four endings for some reason, but I can't think what the other is. I could be wrong though...

Edit: Ah, I remember. You can side with "yourself."

There are a lot more than four endings, you can:

side with LaCroix;

side with the Anarchs (two outcomes);

side with noone (two outcomes);

side with the Kuei-Jin (Ming Xiao, if you tell Abrams that the gargoyle was Strauss' but then you can't side with Strauss);

side with the Camarilla (Maximillian Strauss, if you don't tell Abrams that the gargoyle was Strauss', but then you can't side with the Kuei-Jin).

Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight: DS ending

KotOR 1: DS ending

Fable: TLC evil ending

Whitch is strange as I am rather a LS/good player, but these DS/evil endings seem to be much cooler.

Baldur's Gate 2: throne of Bhaal. I actually chose to remain mortal because of the Aerie romance. Afterwards reading that both gods of Gnome an Avariel were at your wedding was pretty cool.

Max Payne 1&2 with a special mention of MP2 hardest ending where

Mona lives

Hehe, i also stayed mortal on Baldurs Gate 2 because the Aerie romance

I didn't like any of the endings of the Baldurs Gate saga since they all felt too extreme. You'd either give everything up become a nobody, where some of your friends still met less than pleasant ends. Or absorb Bhaal's evil essence become a minor deity, forsaking your friends who didn't fare too well in life. No inbetween, no shades of gray. The epilogue stories of your characters more often than not left a sour aftertaste.

(But then I didn't like any of the BG2 "romances" either, so they didn't play much of a role in that choice... Anomen was a pest, Aerie felt like a little kid, Viconia was a Dark Elf, and Jaheira got over her dead husband awfully quick and was a bit too bossy for my taste.:))

A shame it ended like that, but it didn't bother me that much since the rest of the game was great. (And if you use David Gaider's Ascension mod the finale felt a bit more worthy an ending as well, even though the core problems I have with it remained.)

That's the reason why I see Baldurs Gate completed after Shadows of Amn (leaving out Throne of Baal) :D

For me the best ending is...ehm endings are usually not that fascinating. It almost always is predictable. With one exception:

Vampire 2! I did not foresee that I would get blown up in the end.

Or that the Taxi driver might have been Kain.

Or...

Archived