Home

FireFox 2 is coming to pwn IE7!!!

RC-1162

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've been using FF2 right since the alpha versions. The early versions were a little crappy, especially the whole Bookmarks Microsummary idea and all. The new one looks a lot more polished and all, especially since all the extensions have started supporting it.

IE7, as far as I know is a cheap imitation of Fox. Its riddled with problems, and apart from the viewing space, full-screen and maybe the navigation buttons, the whole update is worse than IE6.

Rarrrr. Firefox is awful though, i just don't see any reason to get it with IE7 out now. A spell checker.... woo well i just pee'd a little in excitement. I think when i rebuild my computer i may try it out again but if i get the same incompatibility problems i did last time, il de-install it straight away. Im very weary of installing any patches and un-nessacerily required software ever since the great Oblivion-patch crisis.

I pee'd myself. Maybe on some small level it will clean up some of the atrocious butchering of the English language on the Internet. :)

Could be useful for someone like me who don't have English as their first/native language, if it's well integrated and easy to use (easier than dictionary.com which has been very useful so far).

At least if it's better done than the spell checker in OpenOffice, which all too often is more humorous than useful in some of its suggestions (in particular when it "corrects" something that's already spelled correctly and suggests something that clearly is not. :))

Archived