Home

From Official: KOTOR not finished, but a ways off?

Prime

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/content/nov2006/id20061122_709907.htm?campaign_id=rss_daily

Emphasis mine...

“We feel like it’s really important to make each Star Wars game an event, she explains. “Our fans want a logical progression of the Star Wars story line, so we are committed to only two Star Wars experiences a year.”

She adds, “There will be one mega one like Star Wars ’07 and another that might be somewhat more specific, for more of a specific Star Wars audience. So in 2007 our primary goal will be Star Wars ’07 and you will see us do add-ons to our Star Wars Galaxies (MMO) and you will likely see us do some sort of Star Wars handheld game.”

Star Wars ’07 is the game that has been shown in tech demo form at a few conferences and via online clips. It looks great, as one would expect. Star Wars games, nowadays, are almost always good games.

But what of the future, beyond next year? “In 2008 and 2009 we start to run into the Star Wars animated series and potentially the Star Wars live action TV series,” she says. “There’s been a lot of speculation about what we actually have in development and that’s very closely guarded. I would say that if there’s Star Wars television programming out there that we’ll have games.”

MacIntyre continues, “We’ve also got Star Wars franchises like Knights of the Old Republic and Battle Front that we will not leave behind. It’s very important to us that we grow those franchises.” So the future of Str Wars includes new and old game-based IP as well as IP based on other spin-offs.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That LucasArts specifically mentioned KotOR gives me some relief. Atleast now it doesn't feel like they've completly forgotten about their fan base, waiting patiently (ha!) for some kind of official announcement.

That's far from a guarantee that KotOR III is in any kind of pre-production or has any plans to be, but atleast it's something. Now if we could get a tenative release date, that would great. Excellent find by the way Prime.

Now let the speculations begin anew!

Now we finally have some reason for hope. It seems like KOTOR III would be a long way off, however. Oh well, there's always NWN 2, Oblivion, and Mass Effect (when it comes out). And maybe by then, I'll have saved up enough money to get the dual core with the 1G video card and the 26 inch widescreen...

This is good news (stating the obvious lol).

The fact that KotOR was the first speculated future SW game mentioned specifically, puts a smile on my face. I don't really want to have to wait that long, but if it's a real good game then it'll be more than worth it. Thanks for finding this by the way, Prime.

I guess KotOR3 in some far, far distant distant future is better than no news of KotOR3 at all...

Still, it'll be a challenge to wait for it. The KotOR comic books are pretty good, but it's no substitute for closure to the fates of Revan, Exile and the true Sith...

Any road, thanks for posting this, Prime.

Now we finally have some reason for hope. It seems like KOTOR III would be a long way off, however. Oh well, there's always NWN 2, Oblivion, and Mass Effect (when it comes out). And maybe by then, I'll have saved up enough money to get the dual core with the 1G video card and the 26 inch widescreen...

Let's not forget The Witcher or Dragon Age.

I am hoping that Star Wars 07 is the spiritual successor to the Dark Forces-Jedi Knight series.

This is the best news I have heard in a month of Sundays.

Ah, some good old hope! Thanks very much, Prime. :)

@Balderdash, if you mean the one on the Internet, it's Internet Protocol.

I knooow that one ... as in IP address. I asking about what they were referring to in the article.

Thanks for satiating my curiosity, you guys. That makes sense.

Archived