Home

An interesting things related to Avatar

CSI

I know the Christmas is closing in, and a lot of members put on their Christmas Avatars. That's good, and the problem is, why do a lot of members simply put on the Xmas hat, like my avatar?

Just wondering...If you feel offended, let me know.

Why did you? Are you offened?

I did because the Santa hat is the most simplest reference to Christmas. I have thought about adding a white beard to mine. I guess there are several different designs we all could make, but adding the hat seems to be the quickest, easiest, and effortless holiday avatar to make.

To everyone:

No, I don't feel offended, I just found it funny.

@ED:

Thank you for your info. Eh, strangely, I found you acted a little soft on us...What happened? (According to Pottsie)

@LDB:

Nice sig and nice avatar (Thanks to Sammax21, no, Summax221).

So to say but I don't have a Christmas Avatar because I simply don't get into the commercialization of it. I remember the important things like the day our savior was born though I could go more into the history blah, blah.

In general I think the Christmas avatars look cute, some people have put a bit of thought to them.

So to say but I don't have a Christmas Avatar because I simply don't get into the commercialization of it. I remember the important things like the day our savior was born though I could go more into the history blah, blah.

It's just a fun thing and it adds a bit of festive atmosphere to the boards.

To me, xmas is as much a secular celebration than a religious celebration. I don't care about the commercialization around Christmas. If gifts make people happy, why not buy them gifts, decorate, etc? I hardly see how it prevents anyone from remembering the Nativity & such. Pagan, secular and religious traditions aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. I'd rather have joyful and fun celebrations than boring ones. Also, gifts were brought to the Christ child in the manger...

back on topic now:

As for me, I was simply looking for something to give an xmas feel to my avatar and the hat was the easiest way. I came across this hat using google search and photoshopped it a bit :p

Archived