Home

[RP]Obake Blade

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Takara's head turned sharply at Aya's words and she stood, still being careful to keep her weapons concealed. Taking a step away from the fire, she ordered, "Katsuro, stay here."

"But mom!" the boy began to protest. In response, Takara barked what sounded like a single word in a foreign language. Reluctantly, Katsuro dropped back to stare at the fire. Satisfied with his obedience, Takara strode away from the merchant's tent. At the sight of the unconscious Xan being pulled back to camp, she rolled her eyes and went looking for Irithoi. When she found him, she gestured toward where Xan was being pulled in.

"Some guard you've managed to acquire for the journey," she said. "Only the first night and he gets himself hurt!"

Shaking her head, she turned to go back to Aya's tent and resumed her position, kneeling as before. This time, however, she did a better job at keeping her cloak closed as she came to her knees.

"A little... trouble with wild animals," she said. "Nothing to worry about."

Aya breathed a sigh of relief. "Good," she said, as she propped the tent pole into place. "I don't normally have a problem with wild animals. They're pretty easy to deal with if you know how. It's the two-legged animals that are always a hassle, if you know what I mean." She stood back and looked at her fixed up tent, then crossed her arms with satisfaction. "There! That's much better."

She looked over at the boy Katsuro. "You'll sleep cozy in there tonight," she said as she went and sat over by him and Takara. Then she looked towards where Xan was being tended to.

"Don't worry," she said to the both of them. "I'm sure the guard will be alright. Probably just lingered too long in a patch of 'Dreamweed'. If you crush the leaves enough, the scent can make you see things, you know. Even pass out, too, if you breathe in too much. And with all that pacing around he's been doing, he's probably crushed the patch but good."

While the camp was set up Bora Cho finannly found what he was looking for .

A merchant with a good stock of different brandys , wine , beer and other beverages .

He bought a nice supply , he then looked for place where he could rest and continue his study on history of the continent . Taking place to one of the fires he started read .

It was not easy to concentrate as the people where running around and chatting .

At last part of his scroll , he had no clue how long he had been reading , he heard sounds of battle . That big brute entered the camp , his armor spattered with blood .

" Looks like he had his fun after all." : thougth Bora Cho .

Not paying further attention , he took out a small bag , he reached in with his finger . And after some fiddeling he had small part of a gray dried mushroom in his hand . The mushroom had a bitter taste , but Bora Cho did not eat it for its taste . The mushroom was a strong sedative , a full mushroom of this kind was more then enough to knock out a big man .

So this small piece was good to relax the mind and have good nights rest .

While chewing on the mushroom , Bora Cho decided to make a small evening walk in the fields . Their was slight cold breeze , it felt refreshing and here it was all quiet .

As he about a few hundred meters from the camp , he heard new screams .

It looked like the fields where not that save at night , wondering what could have happened , Bora CHo ran back to the camp .

That white hear mage was dragging in that big brute , she was wounded ...

A big flock of people gathered around .

Bora Cho stayed out of the mess and looked from a far how the things would unfold .

"Anyone has any medicine skills or something? Spells?!"

Bora Cho could not ignore that call , he stepped toward the unconsious man .

Some of them looked suprised , but he ignored that to , no-one expects help from a scruffy looking bum .

" I have some herbs here , that may help to take the pain away . "

He took his backpack and took out a small pouch .

" It might have some small side effects , this plant is known to give people euphoric feelings and being very friendly . But I guess thats not so negative considering the person who needs it . " : said Bora Cho while smiling .

He opened Xan mouth and made him swallow a small leaf of the herb , together with a drink of his brandy .

"You're going to have to remove most of his armor." Kyo pointed out, "Some pain reliefe isn't going to do anything for him. Crush those herbs and smear the paste on a bandage -- it should help the wounds heal better."

Irithoi came jogging over to where Xan lay, looking quite flustered.

"What in the name of -- cripe! What happened?"

"Haven't a clue, boss," Carwyn replied, carefully helping Hoshiko sit down. He stood up and pulled a spare piece of cloth out of his belt and wiped the blood off his hands. Kneeling, so that he was at eye level with the aeromancer, he looked at her and said, "You okay, Hosh? Want to have that looked at?" He gestured to her side, which he was still holding with her hand.

Takara smiled and nodded at Aya's remarks. "Both Katsuro and I are familiar with the effects of Dreamweed," she said. Katsuro grinned.

"Finally, some payback!" he announced. Pointing a finger to his mother, he said, "She passed out in it. I had to pull her out... and in the process started seeing some very strange things."

"One of the few instances where he gets to gloat," Takara laughed softly. "Typically, I rescue him from various dangers. At any rate, we know what to avoid now."

"It might have some small side effects, this plant is known to give people euphoric feelings and being very friendly. But I guess thats not so negative considering the person who needs it," said Bora Cho while smiling.

"He, quite true."

"What in the name of -- cripe! What happened?"

"Seems to me Xan got attacked or something boss."

Akira glanced at Jonas that had spoken with a seemingly sarcastic tone. He stared at him before saying "It doesn't, but who knows what happened. Besides, if he got this roughed up, then it means this place isn't that much safe."

Akira kneeled to both knees to be at the same level as Carwyn and the Aeromancer, Hoshiko.

"Say, miss Aeromancer, what happened to Xan over here?"

Bora Cho , started to make the paste of herbs for the bandages , he took out a small clay pot and mashed them up , looking for some other ingredients that would take care of any nasty infections .

After finishing this small task , he asked : " Does anyone has a piece clean of cloth for bandages ? I have this paste ready for Xan wounds ."

"You okay, Hosh? Want to have that looked at?" Carwyn asked. Hoshiko grimaced.

"You can if you want to," she said. "Otherwise, I can probably take care of it myself." It wasn't lifethreatening, after all.

"Say, miss Aeromancer, what happened to Xan over here?" someone asked, kneeling next to them. Hoshiko shrugged.

"He got attacked by bandits," she said in a low tone. "Or else, just a bunch of people who didn't like his impeccable sense of humor."

Takara smiled and nodded at Aya's remarks. "Both Katsuro and I are familiar with the effects of Dreamweed," she said. Katsuro grinned.

"Finally, some payback!" he announced. Pointing a finger to his mother, he said, "She passed out in it. I had to pull her out... and in the process started seeing some very strange things."

"One of the few instances where he gets to gloat," Takara laughed softly. "Typically, I rescue him from various dangers. At any rate, we know what to avoid now."

Aya smiled softly at the boy's pride at besting his mother. Her brother, Rui, would have done the very same.

"There are lots of dangers out in the wild," she agreed with Takara. "One of the main reasons why it's best to travel to Ryuu-Tokai in the company of others. Although, after I get there and sell my goods, I'll probably have to take the road North on my own. Not a lot of caravans travel that way, but that's where it's easiest to acquire those fancy old trinkets that all the nobles crave down South."

She reached inside the collar of her dress and pulled out a battered donut-shaped coin, with ancient symbols carved along its edges, attached to a cord looped through the center hole. "Sort of like this," she said, extending it out from around her neck for Takara to see, "only not so beat up looking. If this thing was in better condition, I could get about 100 Akebono dinar for it. But as it is...." She snorted as she looked a the beat up coin, then tucked the homemade pendant back inside her clothes. "I'd be extremely lucky to get a tenth of a one. Makes a nice good luck charm though," she added.

There was still quite a crowd gathered around the unconscious Xan, and Aya began to take more interest. "You know, maybe Xan didn't succumb to the effects of the Dreamweed," she said thoughtfully. "There are still an awful lot of people gathered around him." She craned her neck hoping to see better. "And I think that Aeromancer's injured, too."

She looked over at Takara, then at Katsuro. She wanted to ask if Takara was indeed wild animals that had attacked Xan, but she didn't want to panic Katsuro in case the answer was no.

"Does anyone has a piece clean of cloth for bandages?" the vagabond monk asked.

Aya looked over at Bob, standing quietly at the back of the tent. She had bolts of cloth, but it was to sell in Ryuu-Tokai. Still, she thought, it wouldn't hurt to give the monk a yard or two for bandages. The bolt wouldn't be worth as much, but....

"I've got some," Aya called out to him. She rose. "I'll be right back," she said to Takara and Katsuro. She hurried over to Bob, rummaged through her pack and found what she was looking for. Not having a sharp enough knife to cut the cloth readily to hand, she carried the entire bolt over to where the others stood around the injured guard and mage.

She hadn't seen the blood on the guard's armour from over at her fire, and she paled at the sight. There was a lot of it, and when she heard someone mention 'bandits', she said a hushed prayer to the gods that the blood wasn't all his. No matter how gruff and grumpy he had was, she didn't wish anything bad to happen to him.

"Here," she said offering the entire bolt of fine linen up to Bora Cho. "You can use this." She frowned worriedly. "Only someone else is going to have to cut it into strips."

Aya nodded to Jonus and handed over the bolt of cloth to him, her eyes transfixed on the bloodied Xan.

"Excuse me," she said, slowly backing away. She felt as if she were going to be suddenly sick, and she had no intention of becoming the next spectacle for the crowd. "I've... I've got to go."

She turned and left hurriedly, heading towards where Bob was tied. But once there, she passed Bob and ran for a large bush well away from the sight or sound of others or the glowing amber light of the blazing fire.

She wasn't a warrior. She wasn't used to the sight of blood. Or the smell of it. So, behind the bush, she quietly wretched.

"Thank you . " : said Bora Cho to the friendly women who offered him a bolt of cloth .

" And thank you to.": he said to the other offering his dagger to cut the pieces .

Bora Cho smeered the paste on the wounds , all by all they where not life threathening , small cuts , scratches and some bruses from blunt weapons .

" Isn't it funny , this war-monger is helping us to become a fine family , though he almost started a fight this after-noon . " : said Bora Cho while wrapping around the bandage around the head of Xan .

" He'll be fine , I think it takes more to kill this man then mere bandits . "

Bora Cho got up and looked at his work . Without his armor and helmet he looked almost human .

"He got attacked by bandits. Or else, just a bunch of people who didn't like his impeccable sense of humor," Hoshiko replied to Akira.

This caused Carwyn to chuckle quietly as he sat to the aeromancer's right side. Lifting her hand away, he lightly felt the place where she'd been holding it. She winced as he did that. "Sorry," he said as he tried to be more careful. There wasn't any blood, so the injury was internal. Probably bruised ribs, caused by an errant fist or foot in the midst of the fray. "Nothing too bad, I don't think. Just a bruise that'll clear up in a day or two, with some care." He gave Hoshiko an encouraging smile as he stood up. "I'll try and find something cold for you to put on that," he said, and was off quickly.

As soon as he was past the milling caravan members, he drew his bow again and quietly started to circle the camp, intent on making sure that there were no more surprises waiting out there to hurt his friends.

John quickly cut the bandages so it would fit and handed it to Bora Cho, "Now if you excuse me." Jonas said before running after Aya.

Aya heard someone approaching, but as Bob didn't whicker a warning to her, she knew it was someone friendly. She quicky wiped her sleeve over her mouth. "I'm fine," she said quickly to whomever was approaching. "Just... answering nature's call."

She stood up from behind the bush, smoothed her skirt, and tucked away the wispy strands of dark hair that had come loose from her braid.

"Oh, it's you," she said, recognising Jonas. She smiled at him. "Erm... you don't have anything to drink on you, do you?"

Archived