Home

[RP]Obake Blade

Bora Cho noticed little firey soldiers racing around the caravan ... what in heavon's name .... this bottle most be old .

NO ... they were real ...

Bora Cho kept looking at the funny flame figures , he liked this kind of nonsens to cheer up the gang of travellers .

He traced them back and looked at that other young men , some sort of mage ... most be from the West , vulcanos like my Master told me once about , most curious .

He waved at the Elementalist , making a big smile , he then turned , a big warrior with an axe was coming .

That man looked hard , so Bora Cho took his bamboo stick , just in case he goes beserk .

Some sort of swordsmen passed him , looking over his shoulder he noticed that the great ironclad axe berserker was somehow threathening that other lady .

Darn the bottle was empty , he threw it away , carelessly behind his back .

Letting out a big belch , he quickened his pace in search for a wagon chock full of Wine kegs .

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonderful, Carwyn thought to himself. One minute, he'd been having an amicable conversation with this nice mage lady. The next, the situation had escalated into something decidedly less friendly. He kicked himself inwardly for not noticing the armed man who had come up behind them.

The quiet man from the cantina had appeared ahead of them, calling out to Hoshiko's assailant. "Excuse me, sir. I would very much like it if you were to release the woman."

Carwyn decided to throw his lot in as well. Drawing an arrow from his quiver quickly, he nocked and drew it in his shortbow with practiced ease while simultaneously raising it to the eye level of armored man, the arrowhead not three inches from the man's right eye. The entire action had taken all of one second.

"I would very much like the same thing, good sir," Carwyn said, keeping his voice cheerful, hoping desperately that the situation would not end in violence. He hated when that happened.

Xan looked around, he had never really been tense, he was almost a little too relaxed for someone who had his axes on someone elses shoulders. But he guessed that a man with axes drawn threateing a lady did look like a problem.

Xan slowed down, letting Hoshiko get ahead but not too far, keeping one of his axes everresting on her shoulder. He used his other axe to push the archers bow down, where he made it aim for his groin.

"That's where you shoot someone to stop them from harrassing a lady," he commented dryly. He swiveled his head to the boy with the sword, his cold stares were waisted on a man who'd seen the same look before, often times it took one good punch to that person's glass jaw to make the look go away.

"As for stopping what I'm doing, I'm afraid I can't, you want to stop me from doing my job? Then go talk to Irithoi," he said emotionless. He turned his attention back to the ranger, "same goes for you, if you kill me for doing my job, then your as low as any bandit," at this he stepped forward abit, where he replaced his second axe on Hoshiko's other shoulder.

"Such rude people," he said to her. "Now, as a more proffesional approach; Why are you here? And what is your purpose in this caravan? Ma'am," he asked audibly, so the two supposed good-doers would understand if they didn't already.

Kyo tsked the man, shaking his head.

"Such rude people, indeed." he murmured. He spoke up now, calling to Xan. "From what I can tell, it seems that you've been hired to protect the caravan, no? I believe that creating disturbances such as pulling your weapon on someone directly violates your job. This woman had done nothing to draw suspicion to herself, and you should not let your feelings over a personal matter cloud your judgement on a professional one. Now, sir, do lower your weapons."

Jonas had started to walk on his own, not really interested in the others, however he felt over the corse of the journey his will change opinion from 'not interesting' to something else, maybe they'll grow on him, maybe they'll make him hate them, only time could tell and to be honest he couldn't honest give a hoot at that moment at time. All he wanted to walk and drink the contents of his beer bootle. However he couldn't help notice a new comer who seemed to know the girl he talked with earlier. It was really this point when his mind started to drift, however he still seemed to know where he was and where to go, his mind was in a completely different place.

Even had been watching the whole thing, too timid too approach the scene in case that man killed the girl as soon as soon as he did. Why oh why was Toa just marching around his fire soldiers still. Come on, Pyromancer, use some real magic. he silently urged.

OOS: Sorry for "scribble-post." Had two seconds until I had to be five miles away. But I fixed it.

Ah, he was angry. Still. Some people never learned to let the past lie.

"I have no idea what the price on Irithoi's head is, if there even is one," Hoshiko hissed back under her breath, pitching her voice just right, so the wind would carry it to Xan and no one else. "And I can assure you, if there is, I'd help him rather than harm him. I'm an assassin, not a double-crossing -----." She smiled slightly. "And we both know it isn't the sword that saves you, it's the method with which you choose to wield it."

It was then that the others decided to jump in. Hishoko waited to see what would come of it, and found herself in exactly the same situation.

"Now, as a more professional approach; Why are you here? And what is your purpose in this caravan? Ma'am," Xan continued, raising his voice to a more audible level.

"I'm here because the caravan's here, obviously," Hishoko replied, a sharper edge creeping into her voice. "And my purpose in this caravan is to travel to Ryuu-Tokai. Again, obviously. Even though you seem to think otherwise, you have my word I am not 'after' anyone in this caravan. I don't attack people without good reason." Her voice dropped again, though not so low that no one could hear it.

"And if you think having your axes at my neck gives you any kind of advantage, prepare to be disillusioned."

Toa noticed everything wasn't so jolly as he realized what was happening. Or at least what he thought was happening. The fire soldiers, having somewhat of a free will, saw that armored man as a threat to Hoshiko and decided to make a joke by charging him with their tiny war cries and ease the situation, as they were still doing at the moment. Then the man walking by Hoshiko and another man he had seen in the cantina started to converse with the armored man with their weapons drawn. Toa walked closer and saw that the armored man had both axes placed on Hoshiko's shoulders. Now if she were some criminal that needed to be put to justice, he would have been fine with it. But she had done nothing wrong so far as he was concerned and that wouldn't do. He also heard the man with the bow speak and Hoshiko speak. Whether the armored man would listen, Toa did not know. But just incase he tried something, he quietly summoned two 6 ft. deadly fire soldiers and had them walk close behind the armored man, but not enough for him to feel the heat.

Then Toa walked up to the man's left and said "I know that you're probably doing it for the safty of the caravan, but I would have thought that Irithoi would have asked her the same questions." Toa was friendly in his tone, as he did not want trouble when the journey was just beginning.

"And my purpose in this caravan is to travel to Ryuu-Tokai. Again, obviously. Even though you seem to think otherwise, you have my word I am not 'after' anyone in this caravan. I don't attack people without good reason." Said Hoshiko.

"Unless given a hefty sum of money," he said to her quietly, knowing that if her purpose really was peace, then announcing her other job was all too senseless.

"And if you think having your axes at my neck gives you any kind of advantage, prepare to be disillusioned." Said Hoshiko to him threatenly, it seemed.

"Well, that may be true with all your aeromancer powers...but you never could take me on in a square fight," he jeered at her quietly, but not enough so that anyone wouldn't hear him.

"I know that you're probably doing it for the safty of the caravan, but I would have thought that Irithoi would have asked her the same questions." Said a young man who had been making and controling the fire soldiers.

"Finally someone who has some sense," Xan said to no one in particular. "Well, Irithoi's cautious, but not too bright when it comes to knowing all things great and small," he responded with an odd metaphor. "She could have lied her teeth out for all he knew," he stated an obvious, and simple fact.

Xan reverted his attention to Hoshiko, "well, what will it be Hoshiko? Will you assure me in some way, beyond your word, that your purpose here is absolute peace? Or will you have those who are not your friends fight your battles for you?" He said in a serious tone, he was all too fed up with all these distractions.

"Well, that may be true with all your aeromancer powers...but you never could take me on in a square fight," Xan said mockingly.

No chance, Hoshiko thought. Xan might be stronger, with better armor, but she was quicker, and Xan had a habit of severely underestimating the shadow arts. While he was at it, he might have defined "square fight," too. Hoshiko figured that you should use what you have to your advantage in any situation, unless training some specific facet of your skills.

"She could have lied her teeth out for all he knew," he mentioned to Toa. True enough. But I never have and I never will.

"Well, what will it be Hoshiko?" he continued, turning his attention back to her. "Will you assure me in some way, beyond your word, that your purpose here is absolute peace? Or will you have those who are not your friends fight your battles for you?"

"You forgot the third choice," Hoshiko remarked. "I don't give you any assurance whatsoever, and I fight my own battles, as I have always done." She shook her head. Starting a fight on the first day of the trip would not be a good thing.

"And what kind of assurance would you ask for?" she questioned. "Beyond my word, I'm afraid I don't have very much to convince you." And why he wouldn't accept her word she didn't know. He thought he knew her, but he had somehow missed one of the most integral parts of her character.

Carwyn had taken a step back, putting some distance between himself and the man resting his axes on Hoshiko's shoulders. He had also raised his bow up again level with the man's head.

Words were exchanged all around, and the situation didn't really get any better. Carwyn was getting a bit antsy.

"Hey guys, my arm is getting kinda tired. Do you think we could continue the discussion over a plate of cookies? Maybe some s'mores, if the nice pyromancer would start up a fire?" Carwyn kept his voice hopeful. "Whaddaya say?"

Akira was wandering a little by the town when he went to the town gates where Irithoi told them to go. There, he noticed Aya, that young merchant he had seen before. She was with a pony.

"Well, hi there Aya!" He shouted.

"H-i," Aya said absently to Akira as her eyes followed Kyo towards the back of the caravan to deal with an apparent disagreement between an armoured guard and the white-haired mage and Carwyn. Interested in seeing what was happening she stopped to watch. "Akira, any idea what's going on over th....Aaah!"

Bob hadn't stopped. And because Aya was holding Bob's lead in her hand, she soon found her feet were no longer touching the ground, having been suddenly replaced by her posterior.

But after feeling the extra weight on his lead, the pony did stop, but not after having dragged Aya for a few feet. Aya soon picked herself, feeling a flush of embarrassment flood her cheeks. Bob whickered softly.

"Apology accepted," she said to him as she brushed the dirt from her skirt.

She glance at Aikira, giving him a quick grin in apology for her clumsiness, and then turned her attention back to the scuffle. Carwyn had his bow out now, aiming it at the guard. Kyo also looked like he was ready to pounce.

"Uh oh," she murmured. "This could get ugly."

Then she thought she could hear Carwyn say, "Hey guys, my arm is getting kinda tired. Do you think we could continue the discussion over a plate of cookies? Maybe some s'mores, if the nice pyromancer would start up a fire? Whaddaya say?"

Aya grinned, deciding then and there that she really liked Carwyn. She quickly dug around in one of Bob's sacks, pulled out a small brown-paper bag, then placed two fingers in her mouth and blew out a shrill whistle to get Carwyn's attention. "I've got marshmallows if you need them," she called out to him, holding up the bag for him to see. "Free of charge!" she added.

Carwyn heard a loud whistle and cocked his head in the direction of the noise. His eyebrows arched as he saw Aya holding up a bag. "I've got marshmallows if you need them," she yelled. "Free of charge!"

His lips curled up into a small crooked grin. Thank goodness for small blessings. "Thanks Aya!" he shouted back at her. Turning his attention back to the confrontation, he implored them yet again. "See? We've got marshmallows already. All we need are some graham crackers and chocolate, and we're cooking. Well, provided we have a fire." He tossed a wink to the pyromancer.

"So c'mon, what say you? We could even get Irithoi here too. I'm sure he'd much rather be eating a s'more than cleaning up pools of blood. I know I would!"

Akira listened to Aya and followed her to there. He imediatly tried to withdraw his sword, but then reconsidered, taking out one of his throwing daggers from his sleeve.

"So would i," Akira said, "And i would rather not shed blood today," He threatened, smiling.

"I make Carwyn's words my own. Would you all rather be eating a delicious snack or continue this "fight"?"

Toa smiled and said cheerfully "Yeah, we could make s'mores, maybe I could show you guys some more fire tricks, and maybe I can make us the type of s'mores that the people from the west volcanos make if you've never tried them and I can find the ingrediants. The're the best in my opinion." The tiny fire soldiers now left to gather things for burning such as sticks and twings, or by working together, branches. The larger fire soldiers had now backed off a little bit to give some breathing room.

" Where are the Wine merchants here ? " : thought Bora Cho , he had past several wagons of the caravan , but none of the drivers where Wine or Beer merchants . Feeling that he was becoming sober , made his happy mood dissapear and the tension of escalation on the back of the caravan did not help .

Then he heard a sharp wistle , Bora Cho looked up , he heard a womens voice yelling about cookies .

" Cookies ? Cookies ? I need a new strong sweet drink . " : mutterd Bora Cho to himself .

He walked more to the front of the long row of travellers , nothing , this caravana was as dry as the Morgenth Desert from the tale of Ustan The Great .

He then took his short stick , planted it hard in the ground , did a high kick spin in the air and leaped a great distance back . Practising more of his fighting techniques he moved back to where all the commotion was around the white haired mage .

He kept doing his wonky moves around the stressed group , this small distraction might good enough to let of some steam , laughing was always a good remedie .

"You forgot the third choice," Hoshiko remarked. "I don't give you any assurance whatsoever, and I fight my own battles, as I have always done."

"I knew the third choose, and I knew you'd remark on it...but I won't fight you unless you attack me, or someone in the caravan....or, unless you swear to fight me one-on-one, in a fair...or should I say, square fight. No magic," he quiped.

"And what kind of assurance would you ask for?" she questioned. "Beyond my word, I'm afraid I don't have very much to convince you."

"Hm, there's plenty of things; you could be bound to me by tethers, you could be sworn to my service until we get to Ryuu-Tokai, you could let me confiscate your weapons and some other item that would assure that you wont use your aeromancy, and there's other options, you choose," he said harshly. "Or, I could just follow you around the caravan, where ever you go, I will go, hm? Who ever you talk to, I'll be there listening and watching, where ever you sleep I shall be nearby, would you rather me do that?" He asked.

Xan heard the ranger whine about something, then the lady with the pony whistled, then started waving a bag around. Then he saw others commenting and making remarks on, s'mores.

"No, no talks by a fire to set old debts aside, this isn't about the past, this is about here and now. My contract stated, and I quote: If I percieve anyone as a threat, I am allowed to approach them and question their motives. If I percieve a danger in anyone, I am allowed to have my weapon or weapons drawn, for the safety of the caravan, and myself. If they attack, or even threaten, I'm allowed to defend the caravan, and myself. If they denie me proper answers to my questions, I'm allowed to detain them. Am I clear people? I'm doing my job, if any of you interfere further, I will be forced to detain you, as another part of my job dictates, is that understood people?" He asked all the people around him.

He yet again turned his attention to Hoshiko, "If you haven't come to kill anyone in the caravan, then who are you going to kill in Ryuu-Tokai? Or have you come to finally end my miserable existance?" He asked quietly, his voice was rather sad at saying such a thing.

"I knew the third choose, and I knew you'd remark on it...but I won't fight you unless you attack me, or someone in the caravan....or, unless you swear to fight me one-on-one, in a fair...or should I say, square fight. No magic," Xan quipped.

"Frankly, that sounds delightfully unfair," Hoshiko replied. "I'm not wearing a giant full-body suit of armor, after all."

"Hm, there's plenty of things; you could be bound to me by tethers, you could be sworn to my service until we get to Ryuu-Tokai, you could let me confiscate your weapons and some other item that would assure that you wont use your aeromancy, and there's other options, you choose," he said harshly.

"Ah, there's nothing I could give you that would prevent me from using my aeromancy," Hoshiko said.

"Or, I could just follow you around the caravan, wherever you go, I will go, hm? Who ever you talk to, I'll be there listening and watching, wherever you sleep I shall be nearby, would you rather me do that?" He asked.

"Fine with me," she said. "Not like you wouldn't do it anyway."

After looking around and clearly stating his job to all the people nearby, Xan turned back to Hoshiko.

"If you haven't come to kill anyone in the caravan, then who are you going to kill in Ryuu-Tokai? Or have you come to finally end my miserable existance?" He asked quietly, with a sad voice.

"Hmmm?" Hoshiko dropped her voice to the same level as his. "I don't think I'm going to kill anyone in Ryuu-Tokai, unless they try to mug me, that is. Or they stand behind me perpetually holding axes on my shoulders. That might do it too." She shook her head again. "And why would I be after you? I have no reason to kill you, unless you actually want your 'miserable existence' ended, in which case I would be only too happy to oblige."

“Man, what a grump!” Aya commented, after listening to Xan the Armoured Security Man announce to the entire caravan his job specifications and the penalties for interference of said job.

She wasn’t too keen on any kind of ‘mancers’, Aero or otherwise, but she was definitely not liking how Xan was treating the white-haired mage. After all, she hadn’t done anything to anyone, and it certainly wasn’t in anyone’s best interest to anger the Aeromancer. Especially when there was a sea voyage ahead.

Aya had no weapons to speak of, but she wasn’t standing for the security master’s bullying. “Hey, you! Leave her alone! She hasn’t done anything!” And with that said, she reached into her paper bag, pulled out a jumbo-sized marshmallow, and threw it at him as hard as she could. It didn’t do any damage—just impaled itself on his armoured helmet.

“And there’s more where that came from!” Aya threatened, as she weighed the bag in her hand. “So you just better… better…” She paused, not knowing exactly what to say next. She wasn’t in the habit of threatening anyone. “You’d just better watch it, pal,” she ended up with, “and go ‘securitize’ the trail ahead of us instead of messing around with ‘mancers and rangers and… and the rest of us travellers!”

Ah, there was enough wood in that pile now. And that guard clearly wasn't gonna kill the Aeromancer yet. "That goes for me too," he added, "You mess with the lady, you mess with my four axes. And you have an uncouncious theif to throw out o' the wagons way, someone who actually DID try to harm someone in the caravan."

Takara was watching silently, but when Aya hurled the marshmallow, she couldn't help but chuckle. "Indeed," she told the merchent, "you can scarce find a better weapon than a sticky puffball to combat a man in full body armor... nice shot, though."

Though she joked, Takara was silently glad Katsuro had run off to the front of the caravan. This situation was just the sort of thing he might attempt to barge into... and Takara knew it was way over his head.

Archived