Home

Darth Nihilus - what did you think?

Rockstar

What Did You Think of Darth Nihilus?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What Did You Think of Darth Nihilus?

• Unbeatable character
    • Brilliant character let down by lack of screen time
    • OK Character - Better than Darth Sion
    • OK Character - Least best Sith Lord
    • Diabolic character and a miscast

A simple question and lets not get this mixed up with the "how did Darth Nihilus LOOK?" thread. OK, it seems alot of people seem to like Darth Sion better. I really believe this to be a product of the fact that:

- Darth Sion is faced twice in the game which makes him seem more of a menace

- Darth Sion's final battle is done in stages which makes a longer, more enjoyable fight

- Darth Sion is given MUCH more dialogue and the story behind him

- Darth Nihilus is only known for his destruction of planets... that is it, all else we know of him is that he was Kreia's apprentice (then again, that's all we NEED to know to see him as a great Sith Lord)

Darth Nihilus' battle scene was awesome. An awesome walkway through the bridge to have him turn around and face you. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A SOLO BATTLE UNLESS YOU HAD VISAS WITH YOU WHERE IT CAN BE 2 v 1.

It lost so much for me when i have mandelor blasting at Nihilus... that's not a dual to me. Darth Nihilus didn't have the story of Sion but he did have a good character and we just didn't get to know it well due to lack of screen time. But Nihilus was a wicked looking dark lord of the Sith, consumed by a lust for power and that is always a cool thing :)

I think Nihilus would have more fans if:

- The battle with him was a dual (1v1 unless visas is with you) with double the number of stages to beat him for a long cool battle

- An earlier confrontation with Darth Nihilus: possibly against two other party members like atton and handmaiden where they must retreat.

- A couple more cutscenes with Nihilus planning the attack on Telos

- If Kreia trained you HOW to defeat him as part of the plot. We never knew the exile was the one to defeat Nihilus until the battle (where some STILL didn't understand)

Agree with you with all of those points. Nihlius should get some screen time in K3, though he should maintain some mysteriousness...

If Kreia trained you HOW to defeat him as part of the plot. We never knew the exile was the one to defeat Nihilus until the battle (where some STILL didn't understand)

I don't even know if Kreia actually ever THOUGHT that The Exile would be an empty shell and be able to destroy Nihlius by letting him "drain" The Exile. She probraly does, manlipuative bastard she is, but she was more focused on training the Exile via Prestige Classes and telling The Exile to murder Visas that she did not mention that all the Exile had to do was just stand there and watch Nihlius ruin himself.

I agree with most of what has been said. I think Nihilus was a cool bad guy, I dont think we needed more background info as what made him imposing was the fact you didnt know much about the guy. What would have been better would have been to see more of him in the game (like say a flashback of a fight between Vandar and Nihilus and Nihilus kicking his butt). Or the cut content of Nihilus vs Sion (should happen after Korriban so player realises how powerful Nihilus is due to Sion being owned. Other than that I think he was a cool SL but the fight against him should have been alot harder.

Excellent, super-scary concept. However, all the build up and ultimately nothing. Sion made for a lot scarier because we SEE him taking off Kreia's hand. We barely get away from him on Korriban, and then we have a battle royale in the Trayus Academy.

Nihilus, we only hear about his deeds thirdhand. We don't actually see him making lunch of a planet. We don't actually encounter him until the Ravager, and he turns out to be a crappy boss. What a waste of a diabolical concept.

The worst of the Sith Lords in the KOTOR series so far. I hate the fact I can't understand a word he is saying and how he is too similar to Vader, when Malak already had that honour. Sion was my favourite of the two and he was similar to Maul, who I liked and nobody had the honour of being similar to Maul.

Scary, mysterious, haunting, unfathomable, powerful, eerie, inexplicable, peerless, and spooky. Nihilus' major problem in the game is that he goes down far too easily. Add to this that his limitless powers are useless precisely against the exile, and we never get to see just how powerful he really was. But he's still the Star Wars version of Dracula - an evil force of nature that defies any sort of mortal explanation or understanding. Or as H.P. Lovecraft would say, "the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placed island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far."

In short, Nihilus is the scariest and most powerful Sith Lord yet, and our complete lack of understanding of him not only adds to that - it is absolutely essential to establishing the character of the... well... character.

Scary, mysterious, haunting, unfathomable, powerful, eerie, inexplicable, peerless, and spooky. Nihilus' major problem in the game is that he goes down far too easily. Add to this that his limitless powers are useless precisely against the exile, and we never get to see just how powerful he really was. But he's still the Star Wars version of Dracula - an evil force of nature that defies any sort of mortal explanation or understanding. Or as H.P. Lovecraft would say, "the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placed island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far."

In short, Nihilus is the scariest and most powerful Sith Lord yet, and our complete lack of understanding of him not only adds to that - it is absolutely essential to establishing the character of the... well... character.

To be honest, the Star Wars version of Dracula was Count Dooku, but still, we all have our own opinions.

In short, Nihilus is the scariest and most powerful Sith Lord yet, and our complete lack of understanding of him not only adds to that

I completely agree. He was the scariest, coolest, and most powerful of all the Sith Lords so far. I like the fact that we know practically nothing about him. Unknown evil is a much greater threat than known evil.

Nihilus was by far the coolest video game Sith Lord so far. The only downside is, as many of you have pointed out, the lack of information about him due to cut content. As for the confrontation, yeah, it probably would have been better if it was a one-on-one fight, instead of having both Visas and Canderous with you, but it still wasn't too bad.

I hate the fact I can't understand a word he is saying and how he is too similar to Vader

Nihilus similar to Vader?? How??? As for his speech, I think its great that he speaks in another language, it adds to his mysteriousness and power.

Sion was my favourite of the two and he was similar to Maul

Sion similar to Maul?? Again, how??? Maul was a highly skilled combatant with a unique weapon, he's my favourite Star Wars Sith Lord. His combat scenes are the best lightsaber fights in Star Wars. I think Nihilus is more similar to Maul, like Maul, Nihilus' concept was great, but he had a very small appearance and almost no dialog lines.

Not that I don't like Sion, he has his 'charms', but he's a walking zombie and his only advantage in a fight is his ability to resurrect himself.

Nihilus was by far the coolest video game Sith Lord so far. The only downside is, as many of you have pointed out, the lack of information about him due to cut content. As for the confrontation, yeah, it probably would have been better if it was a one-on-one fight, instead of having both Visas and Canderous with you, but it still wasn't too bad.

I feel just the opposite - the Exile should have gone in with ALL companions. Nihilus should then have knocked out all the non-jedi in a cutscene, then wiped the floor with the rest just to underscore how tough he was. And when things look grim, that's when Nihilus should try to use his draining powers on the exile, which would turn the tide and demonstrate that this edge is the ONLY reason why it even possible to defeat him.

as good a character as he was, i hope he does not appear in KOTOR III. i hate it when characters are brought back to life (Maul, Palpatine, Boba Fett (twice)), whether by clones, cyborg implants, whatever. it, for me, gives out a sense of desperation, saying they can't think of a good new character, so they recycle old ones. it tarnishes the character.

Maul brought back to life? The Maul vs Vader thing is Infinite! :3

Personally I like it when Nihilus shows up in EU Legacy. It is unfortunate that he is set up as such a powerful figure, and yet you know/see so little about him in game, and when you see it and expact a cool sequence, there is only a few lines, and a weak fight. Such anti-Climax.

As many have said, Nihilus was great, in both his look and the overall feel surrounding him, but lacked screen time and power.

He was mysterious. We know nothing about him, other than the tidbits of information we get from certain conversations, and we can't even understand what he's saying. I thought all of that was great.

However, the final battle between Nihilus and the Exile was pathetic. I know that there is a difference between gameplay and story, but still, it shouldn't taken me more than one try to take him down.

Team Gizka haven't planned to restore the battle where Nihilus defeats Sion after Sion declares the truce is over. I think this is CRIMINAL!

I agree that if you go into the battle with Nihilus, ALL comrades should be KO'd immediately except for Visas, should you chose to sacrifice her

Honestly, it's not a battle, merely a cutscene. Besides, you can already see it, if you want. You should too, because it's good.

zOMFG!!!!! I had no idea this scene even existed. Aaarrrghh!! Damn Obsidian, they cut out all the best parts. This is the exact proof of Nihilus' power we needed. He annihilated Sion with no trouble. Too bad the quality of the YouTube video isn't better, but hey, you take what you can get.

zOMFG!!!!! I had no idea this scene even existed. Aaarrrghh!! Damn Obsidian, they cut out all the best parts. This is the exact proof of Nihilus' power we needed.

My feelings exactly. Had I seen Nihilus wipe the floor with Sion, I would've at least gotten the idea of how strong Nihilus actually was at full power.

Well, I have been known to remark that Darth Nihilus is the villain from the old "Hardware Wars" parody.

Nihilus: garbleglarblemutter

Visas: I don't understand a word you're saying!

;)

More seriously, in the cutscene before the battle starts Nihilus tries to drain the Exile and seems to have a bad reaction to that. I thought that helped explain why he was not quite up to planet-killing level at that moment. He was hungry and the Exile gave him gas. Er, I guess that's only semi-serious.

*views Nihilus vs Sion cutscene*

Why did they remove this?!

*views Nihilus vs Sion cutscene*

Why did they remove this?!

Basically, The Exile was supposed to have "died", Darth Sion basically gets word that The Exile is dead, Darth Sion cheers, Darth Sion goes to Nihlius and tells him the alliance is over, Darth Sion get PWNED, and Darth Sion then finds out The Exile really is alive, and is very, very angry.

It was cut from the TSLRP because The Exile's "death" occured after the Gehnohardan exploision...and you get to fight the Gehnohardan after you kill off Darth Nihlius. So the scene does not make sense and it is cut.

The M4-78 mod plotted to restore this scene but in a different context (Sion cheering about Vash dying, and not The Exile), but the mod is since dead, so it's unlikely to be restored that way. Some modder should restore this scene...somehow.

Actually, the entire Genoharadan plot was cut from TSL, but since the Exile is believed killed (by both Sion and the Exile's companions) during the trap where the Genoharadan set an explosion, the basis for the cutscene was lost, since the Exile was then never presumed dead. Sion's basis for the alliance with Nihilus was the destruction of the jedi. He betrayed Traya because she was not dedicated to their eradication. And since Sion believed the Exile to be the last jedi (Traya and Visas are both Sith), he had no reason to continue the alliance with Nihilus, when the Exile was presumed dead.

Archived