Home

That bastard!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much would a katana cost? I mean one that's meant primarily to hack off limbs and disembowel people, not the decorative ones at the mall. And one that your "regular" ninja would be issued, not the special forged-by-legendary-blademaster-and-weaponsmith like in Kill Bill.

How much would a katana cost? I mean one that's meant primarily to hack off limbs and disembowel people, not the decorative ones at the mall. And one that your "regular" ninja would be issued, not the special forged-by-legendary-blademaster-and-weaponsmith like in Kill Bill.

You can theoretically sharpen the decorative ones, but it's not worth it--the blades are weak. A 'real' one that has been forged properly and is good quality is going to run you about $800-$1000. The special 'forged by the legendary weaponsmith' ones could easily run 10 times that or more because of all the time involved to forge the blade and do the fancy decorative stuff.

If you have a proper sword that's been sharpened to a fine edge, you can do some serious damage to people, including yourself. If you merely drop the edge or tip of a properly sharpened sword on your foot from any height more than a few inches, for instance, it can actually go through it.

Mind you, I'm not recommending you do this....

Archived