Home

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (spoilers ahead)

Jae Onasi

That bluish tone only appears on the new game menu when choosing the character stats, and the "info" menu in-game. It won't, or shouldn't appear on the models in the game.
All vampires have a deathly pallor throughout the game though. It's usually a bluish-grey tone of some sort, although it is influenced by the area lighting.

You can gain humanity points back if you dance in a few clubs for about 5 minutes.
While you are in the clubs, don't forget the blood dolls you can drain. Seduction comes in handy for them in the later levels, so you shouldn't have much trouble as a Toreador.

"That guy" is Jack. Also know as "Smilin' Jack." He is quite possibly the greatest NPC of all time.
Indeed. He would be pretty hard to top in some sort of all time RPG NPC ranking methinks. Possibly he would have to fight it out with HK-47.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed. He would be pretty hard to top in some sort of all time RPG NPC ranking methinks. Possibly he would have to fight it out with HK-47.

I dunno, Bender used Meatbag first.

Pilot episode in 1999

Fry: Wow, a real live robot! Or is that just some sort of cheesy New Year's costume?

Bender: Bite my shiny metal [posterior]!

Fry: Doesn't look so shiny to me.

Bender: Shinier than yours, meatbag!

Seeing as how Smilin Jack just happens to be voiced by the same actor.... I'd say Jack wins.

I have long since been a fan of Bethesda's Open Ended Sandbox games so that is the feel I wanted to bring to Bloodlines.
Urgh, Bloodlines: Oblivion Edition. Although, thankfully, I'm not seeing much there that reflects Bethesda's stuff.

I dunno why people feel the need to screw with the base mechanics so much. The only problem with it is the fact it turns into a FPS for the last 3rd of the game. Other than that the rest of the vanilla game is pretty good.

VTMB Camarilla Edition

Looks like the most extensive remix of the game mechanics ever. I'll definitely be checking this out for my next playthrough.

I really like some of the changes in the Camarilla edition, but I'd have to figure out how to mod the blood loss/slowed regeneration back out. I like to look around and enjoy the area I"m playing in, not run to the nearest sewer opening every 10 seconds to find a rat to feed on.

Also, I like the music at the Asylum and Last Round! Granted, I can't play Genitorturer music with my kids around, but still. I don't want that messed with. :)

I really like some of the changes in the Camarilla edition, but I'd have to figure out how to mod the blood loss/slowed regeneration back out. I like to look around and enjoy the area I"m playing in, not run to the nearest sewer opening every 10 seconds to find a rat to feed on.

Most of the changes I can agree with, but I can't so much on the front of wanting to play what it says is a "real" vampire. Truthfully, making the game play like that gives the idea that all Vampires in VtM are raging monsters with the beast tugging at a thin wire, that doesn't have much give. I haven't seen any other game that the player character is a Vampire, have to keep feeding regularly, or have a health, blood pool, or rage bar that drains after a number of minutes.

The changes for the pc models I don't mind, nor the changes to the eyes in the game. That, along with the music can be added without the gameplay changes, though the eyes are also changed in the unoffical patches too.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i finally made it into the game last night for real, finished the tutorial section wtih some extra tries getting across that one lot with the wrecked cars :) i love the apartmenet and the visuals are just amazing, i really am going to enjoy this game for the detail put into the 3D world is just what I like, ...

vampire1y.jpg

jackd.jpg

56347975.jpg

arain.jpg

simply amazing.

one question..is there any hot key or control that allows us to see our own face or front? in Oblvion you can hold down the R key and other games have something like that too... just was curious to see how "I" look :)

thanks for all help and tips, i loaded up the latest unofficial patch with the full settings because i really wanted to see all the restored content.

I have all the graphics settings all the way up including the rain, which i really like and my card seems very happy with the game.

I had a buddy in rehab who looked and talked just like that guy in the tutorial, made me nostalgic, he was a Hells Angel, and that guy made it seem just like home. :)

Well i finally made it into the game last night for real, finished the tutorial section wtih some extra tries getting across that one lot with the wrecked cars :) i love the apartmenet and the visuals are just amazing, i really am going to enjoy this game for the detail put into the 3D world is just what I like, ...

vampire1y.jpg

jackd.jpg

56347975.jpg

arain.jpg

simply amazing.

one question..is there any hot key or control that allows us to see our own face or front? in Oblvion you can hold down the R key and other games have something like that too... just was curious to see how "I" look :)

thanks for all help and tips, i loaded up the latest unofficial patch with the full settings because i really wanted to see all the restored content.

I have all the graphics settings all the way up including the rain, which i really like and my card seems very happy with the game.

I had a buddy in rehab who looked and talked just like that guy in the tutorial, made me nostalgic, he was a Hells Angel, and that guy made it seem just like home. :)

The official patch doesn't let you do that, but the unoffical patches do add hotkeys to change the camera orientation around your player. Pressing 8 on the key pad gives you the front view, 2 sets you back to, well, the player's back, while 4 and 6 gives you the side views. Pressing minus or plus on the keypad lets you get a closer(+) or farther look(-).

^You're playing one of the top 5 games of the 2000's (IMO), so I know that you're going to enjoy it. Just try to keep from reading any spoilers and you'll have a blast.

I really like some of the changes in the Camarilla edition, but I'd have to figure out how to mod the blood loss/slowed regeneration back out.

I think that it's only 1 blood point every 5 minutes, so while it might get a little hairy in a few places (the warrens come to mind), I don't think that it wouldn't make too much of a difference overall, what with all of those juicy, two-legged bloodbags running around in the game.

The slowed regeneration is a different story entirely. The boss battles will be much harder and the Blood Heal discipline (which you can now spend points on to improve just like any other discipline) will become much more important. The point is to change the way you play the game so that it's fresh and new and challenging, even for those who have played through it several times, and I believe that this mod would go a long way towards doing just that.

I'll be using it during my next playthrough, and I'll be sure to post what I think of it, but first I have to wear out Dragon Age. :)

Also, I like the music at the Asylum and Last Round! Granted, I can't play Genitorturer music with my kids around, but still. I don't want that messed with. :)

People mess around with the music in Bloodlines A LOT, so I think that this could be changed back pretty easily.

It's been awhile since I've played Bloodlines, and I've only beaten the game once. I think I'll play again with this Camarilla Edition patch, and see how it goes.

I'm suprised a developer hasn't made a new vampire game with this current vampire craze going on.

Well, for one thing, I think that World of Darkness the RPG that VtM:B is based on, has been overhauled in recent years and no longer features Vampire the Masquerade.

Second, Troika went under shortly after releasing VtM:B, and I'm not sure if anyone could make a vampire RPS as cool as this one.

I continue to love the ambience and the feeling, the scene on the beach at night reminded me so much of California....and Santa Monica....

and the interiors are beautifully concieved and done...

Moving along into the game a bit, the scenes and interiors are amazing...so much ambience and mood, with alots of detail, and great depth to the story....the characters are very well done too, fully voiced and with lots of dark humour...

vcity2.jpg

vcity6.jpg

there are even seedy nighclubs you can dance and otherwise play in ....

vcity1.jpg

and with an interesting twist of the game process, you can restore your humanity by dancing lol.....

vonthebeach2.jpg

the scenes where you are on a beach by the Santa Monica Pier in a misty dark night are awesomly done...down to beach boys hanging out around a fire....

vonthebeach.jpg

and the interiors are realy fun too...

vcity3.jpg

plus those two sisters at the Assylum are great :)

It's been awhile since I've played Bloodlines, and I've only beaten the game once. I think I'll play again with this Camarilla Edition patch, and see how it goes.

I'm suprised a developer hasn't made a new vampire game with this current vampire craze going on.

I think White Wolf is working on an MMO based on their newest ruleset.

I confess i am having trouble picking locks on doors, trying to get into the Ocean Front HOtel, which is am amazing scene btw, beautifully done. I was not paying attention i guess in the tutorial level, what is the best way to add "energy" to the lockpicking? i wanted to see if anyone can give me a tip. I love the sewers too, they are beutifully done.

ahotel.jpg

asewer1.jpg

ah, i thought maybe that was it. I thought i tried it, and failed. Whatever I tried used up a lot of my blood supply. I have to go back to town and "resupply" i think i have some extra in my fridge if nothing else turns up...

k i will use BloodBuff thanks very much Evil. :)

You're going to have to invest some points in lock-picking as well. It's one of the most important skills.

Not to give away too much, but there's a skill book that can boost the skill. It can grant either Level 3 or 4. Of course, you're going to want to invest points in Level 3 and use the book for Level 4.

ah, i thought maybe that was it. I thought i tried it, and failed. Whatever I tried used up a lot of my blood supply. I have to go back to town and "resupply" i think i have some extra in my fridge if nothing else turns up...

k i will use BloodBuff thanks very much Evil. :)

Aside from lockpicking the Ocean House front door, there should be a key you can grab in the trailer(the pale blue one, with the door - just a bit to the left in your first pic).

I confess i am having trouble picking locks on doors, trying to get into the Ocean Front HOtel, which is am amazing scene btw, beautifully done. I was not paying attention i guess in the tutorial level, what is the best way to add "energy" to the lockpicking? i wanted to see if anyone can give me a tip. I love the sewers too, they are beutifully done.

Search the worker's shed in front of the Ocean House, it should contain the key to the front door. Once you get inside, search the place thoroughly, there is an occult item inside that provide you with a handy buff that can be easy to overlook if you just pursue your main goal.

As for blood (you seem a bit low on it in your screenshots :)), you can buy blood bags at the Blood Bank in the Santa Monica hospital unless you've pissed off Vandal. Otherwise you can loot bags in various locations throughout the game. But you should save those for when you're out on expeditions in areas without any humans or animals to feed on (like the Ocean House hotel). Feeding on rats in the sewers or random humans wandering through secluded back-alleys is otherwise a good, free source of blood (be sure to stop before draining them dry).

You can also feed on hostiles in combat areas if you find someone who's alone (or you've already taken down all their nearby buddies). Just be sure to drain them dry if you do since they won't be sedated after combat feeding. If you've got the Domination or Dementation disciplines this also works on pairs of enemies if you use Hysteria or Trance to incapacitate one of them while you feed on the other. :)

Once you get access to Downtown LA there are a few good feeding spots where you're unlikely to be spotted, like the bathrooms on the ground floor of the Empire hotel, and the long back-alley near Confession in the direction towards The Last Round. :)

THANK YOUI !!! that was very nice everyone..all that help, really helps! I am loving this game and sometimes i think i dont pay attention enough, i get distracted by all the wondeful scenery and fun things. thanks a lot. this will help greatly. :)

There are 2 girls inside the Asylum and another in the Confession and Vesuvius that you can seduce or persuade to use as your 'blood dolls'. You have to have a high enough persuade/seduce the first time you talk to them, however, or they may not give you the option later. It's the only time you can feed openly. As long as you don't drain them completely, they'll regenerate blood slowly over time.

There are 2 girls inside the Asylum and another in the Confession and Vesuvius that you can seduce or persuade to use as your 'blood dolls'. You have to have a high enough persuade/seduce the first time you talk to them, however, or they may not give you the option later. It's the only time you can feed openly. As long as you don't drain them completely, they'll regenerate blood slowly over time.

It seems to me they refill once you leave the map(as in, the next time you come back, you can feed from them again). Though with all of them, once you seduce them, you don't have to do it again, as their opening line usually alludes to them wanting to see you again. And they will give you the seduction like as soon as you have enough points to get it, though until you do, it will be constant rejection. :)

And just as note, I'd avoid feeding on homeless people downtown. Everytime I've done it, it proved useless.(Trust me, I know why It happens - just don't want to spoil it if a first time player doesn't want to know yet)

Archived