Home

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (spoilers ahead)

Jae Onasi

There are 2 girls inside the Asylum and another in the Confession and Vesuvius that you can seduce or persuade to use as your 'blood dolls'.

There's also another blood doll in Chinatown, in the Red Dragon restaurant. She's the hardest one to seduce.

It seems to me they refill once you leave the map(as in, the next time you come back, you can feed from them again).
Yes, you only need to leave the map and come back. It isn't time-based (not in the vanilla game anyway).

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah i did find that one girl upstairs at the assylum, i was ashamed to admit what happened, she was there and we were talking and i got a seduction line, and i guess it worked because some stuff happened and all of a sudden i was feeding on her...it was a bit of a surprise :) and i was worried someone would see me... but it is good to know that it is ok, i guess i/my avatar has a way with the ladies :) thanks for explaining that. I will go see her again. i have to learn to watch my blood supply :)

agirlintheclub.jpg]

:waive1:

hehe, well i was quite suprised...my in game self has some moves....i must say, i forget exactly what the girl said but my guy went into action before i even know what was up.... :):eek:

wow....all i can say is...WOW, what an amazing scene in that old hotel, i have not had so much fun and been so well scared in a long time.

ahotel0.jpg

I am enjoying getting to know my in game self.... a bit pale but he is doing pretty well for a newbie... at least he is still 'dead' and moving...

ahotel3.jpg

the hotel and the interior is just amazing, in ambience and detail..and the way things happen, i wont spoil it with details for other new players, but...it is amazing.. :)

ahotel2.jpg

the feeling of an old abandoned hotel is awesome, by chance, i was a manager for a large 100 room hotel on a lake in colorado that was empty most of the time, and falling apart...and i lived on site, and spent many nights alone in there....so this was an amazing deja vu for me....

ahotel4.jpg

the special effects, well what can i say but just fantastic!

aoceanhotel1.jpg

and on to my next quest.....

ahotelafter1.jpg

HAHA! Somebody's been playing around with the money cheat. :xp:

That haunted hotel is legendary. It was awesome my first playthrough. I reached a dead end and turned around...

It's got to be one of the hair-raisingest settings in a video game, and there's no gore and very little danger. It's all atmosphere.

Indeed. Even after umpteen playthroughs where you know all the cues by heart, it never really loses that atmosphere. I think it's a good argument against all the people whining about clichéd settings in games. It takes a well worn old trope and makes fantastic use of it.

I've played through that area probably 5 or 6 times now, and I still cannot play that area at night--it creeps me out that badly. But man, it's so fun.

I still count "Ocean House" as my favourite area of any game of all time. It's that good.

I can play through it now and not jump at all, but my first and second playthroughs where quite nerve racking, but in a good way. lol

I literally, and no joke, fell out of my chair the first time the light popped on the front door! Nothing in any game ever startled me that much. THEN, just a few minutes later, the game outdid itself with just two words:

Beeeee caaaarefuuulll.

i never was able to pick any of the locks in there, i need to learn how to do that ..if i am to do it in future areas..... i tried clicking on the blood buff but it did not seem to help.

You mean it always fails, or it doesn't let you pick the lock at all? Some doors might be two high to pick at that point in the game, or requires a key.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Such as the front door of Gallery Noir, that requires a key, or a lockpicking skill of 10. The side door, needs either the key, or a skill of 1.

I think the ones i was trying needed a key that appeared later in the plot but there may have been one that was just too hard to pick in the hotel, not sure. The process did appear, where you see the hands picking the lock but i just did not succeed in any yet, since the tutorial level where you learn about it and that did indeed work.

Some of the locks will tell you that the are not 'pickable' because you have to find the key for them. I think one of the basement doors requires a very high lockpicking score to open (8 or 10?), which most of us can't get to typically that early in the game even with blood buff. If you make the attempt, it should tell you what level of lockpicking skill you need, or if a key is required.

@ Bob--I made the mistake of not saving when I heard the 'Beeee Carefulllll'. I've not made that mistake anytime after that. :D And yes, that part of the game still can make me jump, heh.

• 1 month later...

Well, not that I have much to do with it, but Wesp's 6.8 patch was released recently.

http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/bloodlines_tech_support/b50391/20196485/p1/?26

Don't know exactly why I'm posting it, but this is generally my idea of Vampires(not so much the skin - that's just a literal view of "BlueBlood"), at least when eyes are concerned.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Ventrue_Eyes.png

• 2 months later...

i lost my previous computer and install of VtMB but now just got it re installed and began the tutorial. I had a werid bug crash freeze just before we went to see the guy in the alley who I have to sneak by, but i will try again. HOPefully i got things installed right.

Look forward to getting back in, had to start over as my saves did not make it, assuming they were supposed to be in the SAVE folder in the VtMB folder?

anyhoo, back to it soon i hope. I am posting here with the permisiosn of the thread creator in spite of it being a bit of time since the last post. :)

I had a cascade failure of the HD caused by starforce drivers and issues aroudn their removal...could not restart the HD in the system..so i saved the old HD and installed it as a slave drive (love that term) in new box with a new card and upgraded dual core system ..and all is well.

I am back in VTmB and loving it, made progress past where i was before finished the two sisters quest, wow, that was a surprising ending on that one! i must say! and i got to blow up the warehouse..that was fun too, and as a lover of old trains i loved the railyard, there is so much beatufiul detail in this game..the Diner is stunning, ....now i found Vampires can take cabs and i am downtown.....just cant say enough good things about this game and the care they took in building the world..and the characters! they are awesome.

73335442.jpg

diiner1.jpg

diner2.jpg

blowupwarehouse.jpg

werewolfe.jpg

downtowncamarillo.jpg

vampirecab.jpg

Yeah it's an excellent game - even after all this time. Just started playing it myself fairly recently, and it has completely taken over from Dragon Age etc. I've been consistently playing as Ventrue, can't seem to play as anything else.:xp:

The hotel has to be one of the most atmospheric levels in any game about - even after reading some of the hints about it here, I panic-shot one of the ghosts when it popped up behind my character with an axe!

It's such a shame that a sequel is so extraordinarily unlikely...:(

• 2 months later...

I picked up this game a few weeks ago, and WOW

I was extremely impressed by it. I played Deus Ex several dozen times in the past, and wasn't expecting gameplay that felt like it. Just how you could do potential ghost runthrew , the moral ambiguity and impressive story reminded me of it.

Very highly recommended game by me. I adored playing as different kinds of Vampire clans and noticing the gameplay style shift dramatically. (Playing a Nosferatu especially). It had a very satisfying endgame with multiple endings depending on certain choices you made in the game.

• 5 weeks later...

"Shelley? Is that you? I'm so sorry I flushed you!" :rofl:

I agree with Darth333 completely--it's best to play a 'regular' class first so you have some idea of what's going on when you play as a Malkavian. Some of the comments become even more funny when you know what the 'normal' answer is and then you see the totally off-kilter responses the Malkavians have.

"Hey."

"TV man?!"

I recommend either Toreador or Brujah for a first playthrough, if only to get the desire to use the "I win" "bullet-time" discipline out of your system.

My love of Jeanette is well documented.

Therese was hotter. :p

Archived