Home

June '07 Tale Topic: Bounty hunter

Will be announced shortly by JediAthos, since he won the last Tales competition. :)

The topic:

The bounty hunters of Star Wars have played background but often significant parts in both the movies, and in KOTOR. So, what I want is for you to give me your best story about your favorite bounty hunter. I don't care if it's Jango Fett, Calo Nord, or one that you invented yourself. I don't care if they live or die, catch their bounty or have it slip through their fingers. Be creative, be inventive, and good luck to everyone. I'll leave it to Jae to decide when she wants to have the stories in by and what not.

Due date is 23 June 07 at 9pm/2100 Central Daylight time (utc-5).

No offence, but that is the only problem with some people who visit every so often. Jae, should a new rule be that if a new subject isn't chosen by so many days, the choice for a new topic should be chosen by the second place winner, third place winner, etc?

Despite this, I'm looking forward to the next one, but I may do what I did in March, just read the Fan Fics and not post until the next one.

No offence, but that is the only problem with some people who visit every so often. Jae, should a new rule be that if a new subject isn't chosen by so many days, the choice for a new topic should be chosen by the second place winner, third place winner, etc?

That seems silly to do. Why not just PM the winner a reminder after a few days? Since you'd wait just as long to PM the runner-up and it would take take both people about as long to decide the topic you wouldn't save much (if any) time.

That seems silly to do. Why not just PM the winner a reminder after a few days? Since you'd wait just as long to PM the runner-up and it would take take both people about as long to decide the topic you wouldn't save much (if any) time.

Well, what if the first-place guy has taken an abrupt vacation, or faced a calamity because of which he/she is left unable to post for say, a few weeks. This system could end up useful then.

JediAthos and I have already exchanged some PMs. The guy has a baby and family--cut him some slack. :)

I don't want to ding someone for having Real Life come and bite them on the tushy. If the moderating staff just could not get in touch with a winner, we would handle that on a case-by-case basis, since such a thing would be exceedingly rare. If someone's active enough to post a fic here, it's unlikely they'd disappear without contacting someone. If the issue of disappearing winners turns into a repeated problem, then we'll deal with it.

Hehe, sorry. It's just that I have dozens of topics I would love to post and I would personally post them the second I won. I understand fully he has a kid, just having trouble figuring out how he has not posted yet besides thinking up a great topic, to which I say good show. Just try to make the topic stay within the month of June ^.^

How nice of everyone to be so patient :) Thank you soo much Jae for coming to my defense.

It did take me a couple of days to come up with something, but hopefully you all won't be disappointed by my choice.

The bounty hunters of Star Wars have played background but often significant parts in both the movies, and in KOTOR. So, what I want is for you to give me your best story about your favorite bounty hunter. I don't care if it's Jango Fett, Calo Nord, or one that you invented yourself. I don't care if they live or die, catch their bounty or have it slip through their fingers. Be creative, be inventive, and good luck to everyone. I'll leave it to Jae to decide when she wants to have the stories in by and what not.

Yes, the topic is pretty good. The only problem is that since in a few days it'll be exam time for me and I don't know if I'll have the time to whip something up, but if I do, it'll be much simpler than my ''Mayday'' entry. I'll focus on the action and comedy, instead of on something that'll make people wonder.

Archived