Home

Fun with Wikipedia

Post amusing features of Wikipedia here.

I'll start with a list of Finnish profanity!

Uh, no. See forum rule #4 --Jae --Aw, come on, Jae, it's in Finnish:rolleyes:! (:p)

Yeah, but the article and definitions were in English, including the words in all their glory.... --Oh, you mean like ****, ****, ****, ****, ****, horse's ****, bull****, ****'s berries, **** this ****, and ***? I see them now.

Don't forget *****, ****, ****, smurf, *******, and ****.

Not to mention this little tidbit on courtesy and manners that I particularly like.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone off on a wiki-tangent looking for 1 particular subject and 45 minutes later found myself in a totally different subject.
Same:D, time and time again. So much interesting stuff on that site.

awesomeidea.jpg

By the way, that tag gave the thread a cozy Wikipedia-ish feeling. Can't we do the same thing here, have Jae and ET Warrior script us some boxes and put them in?

Read the talk pages of any Article that has the NPOV tag.

Fun to read arguments arguing for one side or another instead of, I don't know, trying to make the article netural! ;)

Also, do a quick check at the past revisions of any Wikipedia article to locate any sort of fringe viewpoint that may be laughable...or slightly revealing.

Heh, any sort of wikidrama is just fun to read. If you are really bored, check at Deletions or Arby's as well.

• 2 weeks later...

My latest adventure:

Peanut butter -> Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich -> The Amazing Mumford -> Jerry Nelson -> Fraggle Rock -> Prejudice -> American Nazi Party -> Politics Portal -> Genocide Portal -> University of Chicago -> Urban Area -> INSEE -> Census -> Denmark-Norway -> Viking Age -> ...

Im afraid the same happened to me. I started looking at the history of my local town and ended up knowing and understanding the entire 2001 and 2010 Space Odyssey plots, understanding particle acceleration, learning about vacuums and knowing everything that will happen to this earth past the year 2500.

Archived