Home

Have Wookiees ever been Jedi?

Adelphus

There have been a few. Off the top of my head, there's Tyvokka, who trained Plo Koon, I believe. Also, there is Lowbacca, Chewbacca's nephew. There's also Kirlocca, but I don't know much about him.

Kirlocca :D

Yes, Wookiee Jedi are rare, as very few of them posses the ability's to be able to become a Jedi.

That's why IMO Hanharr couldn't be a Jedi, but I don't want a Wookiee Bounty Hunter, I want more Jedi, so who cares, lol.

^^^Don't worry, Sabre. Like Prime said, there probably won't be any more.

What is the EU coming to?[/Quote]

I don't what it's coming to, but I know where it's been going for quite a while now: the toilet.

Notable exceptions excluded.

I think its all about the percentage of potential force sensatives. GL's comments aside, in universe it means that Wookiees are mostly not force sensative, so it is hard to find one strong enough in the force to be a Jedi/Bith/Etc. And some species just have no known force sensatives, let alone one strong enough to be of any use.

On the other hand some species are quite related to the force to begin with, and is easier to generate strong force sensatives, like Mirakulas, and black dudes with shaved heads.

Galacticly connected population does count though. The more common a species is, the high chance a strong force sensative would be discovered of the species. Jedi being Humanocentric aside, that is probably why most jedis would be things like twi'leks, humans, etc. Yes, there are many species that are more attuned to the force, but they are just not numerous enough to produce a high jedi population. On top of that, many local cultures have their use of force sensatives in their own groups/cults/etc. Things like the gand findsman, and Kiffar Guardians. Oh and some species are just usually dumb so even if they are force sensative you don't usually see them being jedi, like a Rancor, or a squib.

Kreia says the wookiees once felt the force, but didn't at the time of TSL, then there is Plo koons master and Chewies son, maybe they Drift in and out of Force Sensativity?

I sense a plot hole that is just begging to be filled by a comic/novel or better yet, KotOR III!

Actually, as far as the history of the force wielding wookies, I'd expect it to be more likely to be explained if we ever hear the history of Bacca. It would make a pretty interesting epic if they ever revisit more of the TOJ 5000 yby timeframe.

I mean he was such a legendary leader of the wookies that they still hand his sword down as THE symbol of leadership for their species in Revan's time. And he lost the blade in a Terrentarak, a being specifically bred to kill Jedi.

Hmmmm... I neve knew a wookie could be a Jedi. I thought they couldn't feel the force. Interesting to know.

One thing I'd like to know is if a species like the Rakatan can feel the force. I think they may have been able to a long time ago but not anymore. I'm not sure though.

In K1 and wookiepedia, I remember seeing that the Rakata hyperdrive technology was based on the force. Also the star forge was powered by it.

So the Rakatan would seem to have to have had some way of working with the force and detecting it before their machines came along to build that sort of synergy into their machines. There's also the matter that the Rakata elders tell Revan that the One is a force sensitive, and is a genetic "throwback" to the way their race used to be.

Archived