Home

What College Football Team do you like best?

Darth_Calo

What is your favorite College Football Team?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite College Football Team?

• Boston College Eagles
    • Florida State
    • LSU
    • Notre Dame
    • Virginia Tech
    • Penn State
    • Nebraska
    • USC
    • Tennessee
    • Oklahoma
    • That School up North (Michigan)
    • Arkansas
    • Texas
    • OHIO STATE!
    • Wisconsin
    • Illinois
    • Other

Yes' date=' yes, I believe now. After that spanking they gave my boys Saturday, how could I not.[/quote'] Indeed. I grudgingly agree. I felt the Ohio State vs. Wisconsin game would be a true test to see if OSU is for real and OSU did prove that. I'm fervently hoping that Michigan will be able to topple them off their high horse this year though. :dev11: I'm so tired of having to crawl into a hole after The Game the past 3 years. :nod:

I believe big blue will beat Ohio State and come all the back from that early season devastating loss to Appalachian State. The loss to Oregon does not look as bad as it did back in September.
YES!!!! Go BLUE!!! *** pumps fist in the air ***

As for my favorite local team, Arizona State, I do have to say that the loss to Oregon was not entirely unexpected. Of course I hoped they would win but I knew it was going to be tough to go up to Eugene and win on the road against the Ducks' formidable offense. I do think AZ State can win out from here though. They've got UCLA, USC and the Territorial Cup game with Arizona. None of those will be easy, especially USC, but the Trojans haven't been as formidable as everyone expected they would be this season.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, here we go again.

Probably the single greatest spectacle in college football history is about to get underway once again. This is what it's all about.

THE Ohio State University Buckeyes march on Ann Arbor and square off against the Wolverines Saturday causing images from Archie Griffin to Desmond Howard or the steely glares between Woody and Bo to filter back into my head.

Some of the greatest games in history have been played by these two.

I've only recently realized that it goes way beyond football for these two.

The hatred goes back to the 1800's before there was even college football there. It's a cultural enigma, forces of nature competing, opposite poles colliding, good vs. evil...

This time, Michigan's QB is banged up and the Buckeyes are reeling from that stinging loss handed to them by the Illini. This should prove to be a very great game.

Being a Badger at heart, I cannot take sides in this one.

Being a passionate fan of college football, especially bigten football, history and collegiate lore doesn't allow me to forget how incredibly huge this game really is.

unless something weird happens, in which case they'll end up in the National Championship).
It would have to believe something extremely weird close to fire and brimstone type of weird. O.J.'s more likely to find the real murder or Barry Bonds is more likely to show proof that he has never taken steroids. Of course, weird things have happen this year in college football, just look at Saturday September 1 in Ann Arbor for an example.

Congratulations to The Ohio State University, but that team from South Bend stole your thunder today by getting their first home win of the year (now that is weird). How excited was NBC to broadcast the Duke vs. Notre Dame game?

Just noticed part of your weird could happen tonight, ou is having a little trouble with Texas Tech. OSU needs ou to lose to Tech, then Kansas to beat Missouri and Kansas to lose the Big 12 championship game. Even then, West Virginia still would have to lose to either UConn or Pittsburgh. If all that happen OSU would still have to hope Arizona State does not win its last two games and pass them up in the BCS standings. Still with all the championship games anything is possible. LSU still could lose to Arkansas or in the SEC championship game.

Edit add on 11/23/2007

Some OSU fan is living a charmed life. LSU lost to Arkansas if a couple more things fall into place and they are in.

Edit add on 12/02/2007 Jae will you and Jimbo root for me to win the Texas Lotto. I can not believe everything fell in to place like that. It was impossible. Ohio State should get in now. Shouldn't they?

• 1 month later...

Congrats to the Texas Longhorns for thoroughly whupping Arizona State's arse last night in the Holiday Bowl. 'Twas readily apparent that Texas came to play and ASU didn't.

Fortunately for Chris Jessie, ASU could only manage one drive's worth of scoring momentum off of his near blunder that for whatever reason the replay official decided to apply the "horseshoes and hand grenades" rule to. He can laugh that one off now. Seriously though, sideline encroachment was the only problem Texas seemed to have last night.

Maybe it's time to put the bag over my avatar's head again... :cry6:

Fortunately for Chris Jessie, ASU could only manage one drive's worth of scoring momentum off of his near blunder that for whatever reason the replay official decided to apply the "horseshoes and hand grenades" rule to. He can laugh that one off now. Seriously though, sideline encroachment was the only problem Texas seemed to have last night.[/Quote]Yea, I almost threw a beer bottle at the TV. Luckily I’m a little more careful since I bought the HDTV. Then when I found out it was Mack Brown’s stepson… Oh well, no harm, no foul.

Texas won mainly due to Colt McCoy doing his best Vince Young impersonation, that and the ball always seemed to bounce their way. Well except for Chris Jessie.

Maybe it's time to put the bag over my avatar's head again... :cry6:
You always have to support your team. Texas now has seven ten win seasons in a row, but I’ve been a fan since the 70s and a season ticketholder since the late 80s, so I’ve suffered through the lean years too. That is what I love about college football, even though some people are bandwagon jumpers, most support their team no matter what.

I still have a really tough time watching the game on television compared to watching it in person. I usually travel to all bowl games, but with it being on a Thursday night and having to work Friday I couldn’t. I really love the person that invented the DVR.

• 2 weeks later...
At least it wasn't an embarrassing loss.
No, it was. When a team rolls up 31 unanswered points on you that is embarrassing, Ohio State did make it respectable, but it was still an embarrassing butt kicking.

Congratulations to LSU and condolences to Ohio State. Another condolence to all the Big 10 fans, but at least Michigan and Purdue represented the conference well. Think of it this way, at least Oklahoma is not a part of your conference. Do you want them? Please!

My condolences to my dear Buckeye fans and a special shout out to the "Fett-Onasi" household which is sure to be in mourning.

My heart goes out to you all...

Somebody give Jim Tressel a hug.

We are wearing black armbands today in grief at Ohio State's loss. :crybaby:

I think I saw on SportsCenter this morning that Jim Tressel is 0-9 against SEC teams. I don't view that as a criticism of Jim Tressel, only a testament of how strong the SEC is. IMHO Ohio State without question earned the right to play in the BCS championship game despite any naysayers to the contrary. As for my team I was totally surprised that Michigan was able to beat Florida in the Capital One Bowl. I had pretty much expected they would get run over by the Gators from the SEC. I only wish they had played that kind of inspired ball against Wisconsin and Ohio State.

Of course, if y'all know me at all, I was not cheering for Ohio State last night. I give OSU props for winning the Big 10 and all but I could never bring myself to actually cheer for them. :D

I think I saw on SportsCenter this morning that Jim Tressel is 0-9 against SEC teams. I don't view that as a criticism of Jim Tressel, only a testament of how strong the SEC is. IMHO Ohio State without question earned the right to play in the BCS championship game despite any naysayers to the contrary. As for my team I was totally surprised that Michigan was able to beat Florida in the Capital One Bowl. I had pretty much expected they would get run over by the Gators from the SEC. I only wish they had played that kind of inspired ball against Wisconsin and Ohio State.

Of course, if y'all know me at all, I was not cheering for Ohio State last night. I give OSU props for winning the Big 10 and all but I could never bring myself to actually cheer for them. :D

Tressel is 0-3 and OSU is 0-9 lifetime against SEC. :rolleyes:

However Penn State is 10-5 verses SEC with Joe PA being 8-4 (Rip Engle was the coach for the other 3 games). :D

Archived