Home

Does anyone else...

Salzella

get these urges to roleplay further than simple lightside/darkside?

for example.... i might always say take the cynical/dryly humorous conversation routes, just to portray Revan as a world-weary, been-there-done-that sort of guy.

Or more in depth, i may stay just the right side of the light, while doing the Genoharadan quest, then go postal after Bastila gets taken on the Leviathan (for that oh so very cinematic 'breakdown' of losing a loved one (to this day i have never skipped the Bastila romance xP)) and give in completely to the dark side upon seeing her corrupted on Lehon...

or is that just me?

get these urges to roleplay further than simple lightside/darkside?
I do at least one snickering playthrough with every game I play (provided the game has the appropriate options). To me, humour has always been an important part in any game, and there are quite a few laughs in K1.

By the way: your nickname makes me think of opera, cloaks and daggers and that Nihilus in K2 probably should be talking LIKE THAT.

[grabbing my sourcerer's hat, I flee the premises :D]

Absolutely. An example I've given a few times is when Revan comforts Mission over the destruction of Taris. One of the dialogue opitions, I think a true Revan option, is to swear that Malek and the Sith will pay. This isn't necessarily one of the two extremes as the other options are, instead portraying him as committed against threats to the galaxy and his allies.

... go postal after Bastila gets taken on the Leviathan (for that oh so very cinematic 'breakdown' of losing a loved one ...

I actually did just that this very morning! :) But while I played the character getting mad and not choosing entirely light-sided conversation options, I'm still going to play him as a light-side character to the end. I think it's very real for him to be tempted into doing the Genoharadan stuff and to get really angry when

Malak captures Bastila.

Nobody's perfect, and this lends the story believability. But I believe good will triumph over evil in the end, so I prefer to have him turn out good in the end.

By the way: your nickname makes me think of opera, cloaks and daggers and that Nihilus in K2 probably should be talking LIKE THAT.

[grabbing my sourcerer's hat, I flee the premises :D]

noooo, my source has been found out... xP

Nihilus talking LIKE THAT would be the coolest thing ever :D

noooo, my source has been found out... xP

Can we expect to see you starring in:

Knights of the Old Republic 3¼: The Phantom Swoop Race?

Knights of the Old Republic 3½: Lords of the Opera?

With a new planet called Lancreon in the Far Out rim? (Where Kreia Weatherwax rules by giving people looks) :lol:

Can we expect to see you starring in:

Knights of the Old Republic 3¼: The Phantom Swoop Race?

Knights of the Old Republic 3½: Lords of the Opera?

With a new planet called Lancreon in the Far Out rim? (Where Kreia Weatherwax rules by giving people looks) :lol:

Don't i wish. At the moment i am reduced the Morporkian foolery. I consequently have an endless supply of whitewash and pies, but alas, no sense of humour whatsoever :D

• 1 month later...

Options like this make the game fun! I certainly do this. Honestly I do try to stick to one side of the force when I play (lightside, or darkside) so that does affect what I say. Sometimes I feel mad, so I go on a darkside shopping spree; vice versa. It's what makes the game fun.

Yes yes I have and I have accomplished the task of making Revan nothing more than a know it all jerk with a very large temper tword stranded husbands by there wives and also Tusken raiders.

But I think that you must sometimes kill Bastila.Once I decided to go all jerk like and I KILLED every possible person you can kill in the game including bastila XP Darth Vader eat your heart out!

P.S.: Bioware masturfully made the first REAL good game that you could play almost a hundred times all doing diffrent stuff. Oh and the newley released(or soon to be) Bioshock wich easily tops to amount you could compile in terms of diffrent gameplay from both KOTOR 1 and 2.

Bioshock wich easily tops to amount you could compile in terms of diffrent gameplay from both KOTOR 1 and 2.

?

Bioshock is a shooter with RPG characteristics. But primarily a shooter, a genre that tends to be very straightfoward. Sure, you can electrify, trap or simply shoot your enemy to death, but saying that it beats Kotor on this choice matter is just wrong.

Glad you enjoyed Bioshock, I could not take the subject of the game but the graphics looks increcible and I am glad you enjoyed it. KOTR remains remarkable in its flexibility of game paths, and hopefully it will influence future other games to do likewise. Makes for much more replay fun.

• 3 months later...

I always tried to choose the line of dialogue that I myself would have chosen being given the same situation. I didn't always stay true to that, however, as I found myself at times choosing the option I knew would yield the most light side points or possibly get Bastila to make out with me (that's not so far-fetched from the real me, I guess=)).

When there wasn't an option that I felt like I'd actually say, I went with the obvious light-side answer.

I'm actually not into roleplaying at all, though I am disappointed by being somewhat limited to just light side and dark side. That's one of the reasons I can't play K1 anymore. K2 doesn't have this problem much at all (and the one definite time when you have to choose is done so brilliantly that it doesn't matter). Whenever I play K2 now, I don't worry about whether a dialogue option will give me LS or DS points; I usually pick the option I would say in that situation (and sometimes that does give DS points...more often than not, actually ;)). One of the funny things about K2 is that a lot of times one of the dialogue options basically sums up exactly what I was thinking (particularly in the cave scene on Korriban, and just about every time I talk to Kreia).

I normally play a "good" character, but one who's more up for doing things because they want to and not because they feel the Code compels them to. That's why I get quite annoyed at both games where it comes down to a choice between "A Jedi's life is sacrifice, I will save the children. While I'm at it, please take all my credits" and "Let's just stab everyone in the face. Twice."

I know the second game is supposed to be more "morally grey" and though I did enjoy the more "chaotic good" responses, you still get places like Peragus where the reponse is between "A Jedi's life is sacrifice" and "Atton, go kill yourself". And the myriad of times your character calls themselves a Jedi or allows other people to call them that despite the fact that I tried to play "the weary Exile" who is willing to track down the Masters to get answers but isn't really interested in becoming a Jedi again or cleaning up their mess.

And the myriad of times your character calls themselves a Jedi or allows other people to call them that despite the fact that I tried to play "the weary Exile" who is willing to track down the Masters to get answers but isn't really interested in becoming a Jedi again or cleaning up their mess.

Eh? Just about every time someone calls you a Jedi, you have the option to correct them.

And regarding Peragus, the options weren't so bad. Not nearly as bad as most of K1's.

Eh? Just about every time someone calls you a Jedi, you have the option to correct them.

And regarding Peragus, the options weren't so bad. Not nearly as bad as most of K1's.

That's true, but a lot of the light side conversations with your companions are pretty bad for the whole "I'm so Jedi I might as well be a saint" thing. I'll admit K1 was a lot worse than K2 for moral polarity, but I don't see K2 as being that much better (Unless we ignore everyone but Kreia).

I often roleplay more than this, usually as a reluctant savior with a sense of humor who just doesn't know what choice to take and prefers not to get involved unless someones' lives are directly at stake because of them. I make my Revan be the type who wants things to be normal and simple again, but if he NEEDS to save the galaxy, he'll do it reluctantly, and if he gets threatened by somebody, THEY'RE DEAD! So my Revan doesn't want to avoid fights (by persuasion, usually) if the seed has been sown, but prefers not even receiving the seed in the first place, or else he argues with the hapless punk and ends up killing/scaring him off. Those kids injuring the Ithorian on Taris? "GET OUT OF HERE YOU PUNKS, OR YOU'LL BE THE ONES IN PAIN!!" Jolee comparing me to some cocky person who ended up killing an entire band of space pirates by being thrown in the pirate ship's innards, causing the entire ship to blow up? "I hate you old man." Shaardan telling me why I should let him release some Sith-wannabes? "Because I'll kill you if you don't." (That one even gives me light side points! :D)

Yup. My Revan's pretty angsty. :xp:

Archived