Home

Brazillan Immigrants Decide American Dream is Overrated, Leave for Brazil

SilentScope001

yeah, that's pretty much my sentiments too. Good riddance.

But this is also very much a common South American attitude(from my studies of Latin culture), there is very much this idea that if things are looking bad, or simply "not good", they pack up and head somewhere else.

I don't see why their kids would come with them if they were born more than a few years ago, since the laws stating that children born to illegals are still illegal immigrants only was put into play a couple years ago.

In any case, buh bye now!

'cause we're like totally a fascist police state man.

Hey, the first charge at the Nuremburg Trials was "Starting Aggressive Wars..."

Obviously we're not to the point of Nazi Germany, with hard fascism, but I would bet money that the NSA is watching us...

I was born in america, and i'm not suprised those peopel don't like it anymore.

In the next decade, i bet things will get really bad in america, and i'm willing

to move to europe. i'm already trying to learn german off the internet. I already am leanring pleanty of spanish, so spain and such may be an option by the time i'm in my twenties then too.

Here's the pros and cons of america:

Pros:

Luxury- great living conditions for most americans

tons of freedom

almost everyone speaks the same language accross the entire country

tons of cool stuff we can get

very advanced medical care

stongest military in the world

all kinds of cool places to vacation to accross the country

Cons:

Insane medical care expenses

millions of Illegal Aliens leeching off our economy

Gas prices are insane

declining economy- current national debt is over 9 trillion dollars and rising!

horrible presidential choices for the next term

lot's of people who are plain out jerks

tons of crime

low income for lots of people

hurricanes hitting florida and it's neighbors like a gazillion tiems every summer

congress is corrupt

liek ten billion things i probably forgot to mention

and that's why i plan to move to europe when i'm in my twenties.

Meh Close the gate on yer way out.

Tell everyone all the way there that this place sucks and they shouldn't be crossing the border at like 300k a month. Oh and tell em that Arizona isn't hiring anymore hahahaha State law just passed that if you get caught hiring illegals, you lose your business license.

Lets see just how BAD it is here. the "poor" in this country have running water, indoor plumbing, shelter, electricity, access to free medical care, a color TV, maybe even cable and internet, possibly even 2 cars. Any other countries that can boast that? Man it just SUCKS to be in the US.

I like what is happening. If people have the means to make a decent living in the country they came from, they should leave.

You think that only aplies to America?:D

If you lived in a poor country, wouldn't you too try to get a better life?

Gas prices are insane

Europe tend to have even higher prices

I suspect you like more "christian minded" politicans, if thats the case Europe is far worse for you. I might be wrong tho.

I don't want more "christian minded" choices for president. sure it would be nice becasue i would love to have another christian president like Bush, but that's just my opinion. all i care about is that whatever president we get has a good political reputation in places he serve das a leader in the past, is good with economy, and makes congress balance equally as both demo and repub instead of mostly repub or mostly demo. if the president is a good choice in those areas and is a moralized person, i don't care whether he or she is demo or repub or liberal or whatever. i don't like female presidents. i'm sorry if i offend anyone in sayignt his but i think men are more suitable for leadership than women, and it hink america shoudln't have a woman as president. but if hilary actually does some good for our nation and i liek what she does, maybe that narrow view i have now will change.

I don't want more "christian minded" choices for president. sure it would be nice becasue i would love to have another christian president like Bush, but that's just my opinion. all i care about is that whatever president we get has a good political reputation in places he serve das a leader in the past, is good with economy, and makes congress balance equally as both demo and repub instead of mostly repub or mostly demo. if the president is a good choice in those areas and is a moralized person, i don't care whether he or she is demo or repub or liberal or whatever. i don't like female presidents. i'm sorry if i offend anyone in sayignt his but i think men are more suitable for leadership than women, and it hink america shoudln't have a woman as president. but if hilary actually does some good for our nation and i liek what she does, maybe that narrow view i have now will change.

Okay. We're going to have a (at least nominally) christian president, whether we like it or not. As the last republican debate showed, it's impossible to get elected in this country without being a christian of some stripe, most likely protestant.

I have nothing against a woman being president, but I would never vote for anyone just because of what they are. I vote because of who they are, and what they believe in. I can frankly see no good come out of most of the candidates.

Mitt Romney is a great choice for president. sure, he's a mormon, but he has a great reputation of improving the economies of places he's served in office at.

But before we go too far into this, let's get back on topic. we're not discussing presidential electiona s th etopic of this thread.

@ Arcesious: Despite the "sorry" that is one of the rare posts I find offensive and truly retrograde.

So you think females are not suited for such a position just because they are females? You might not agree with the stances of the current female candidate but that is no reason to automatically disqualify all women... :eyeraise:

I really don't see in what having a penis and facial hair makes you more qualified for leadership positions just as I can't understand what religious beliefs on paper (yeah note the "on paper" mention...to me Christianity is a religion of love, sharing, tolerance and acceptance) have to see with the qualifications of a future president :confused:

Personally I am sick to see politicians use religion to serve their political agendas. Looks like the world hasn't change since the middle ages and isn't about to change in that regard :(

I think that gender and religion are irrelevant in that regard but that's for another topic ;) (feel free to start one if you want)

and i'm willing to move to europe

[...]

Cons:

Gas prices are insane

If that is even one of your criteria, know that they are even worse in Europe...I'd suggest to travel a little before blindly taking a decision...

Time to get back on topic...as for illegal immigrants, while I do not agree with their exploitation by some parties, I can't say that I agree with their methods either.

I have lived in South America for years and know what life can be for a lot of people there but that does not excuse going around the system. There are legal means to emigrate to other countries (my parents have sponsored some immigrants too), it might take some efforts and the outcome can be uncertain but that is no reason to short circuit the system in order to move ahead of the people who take the legal route and expect the same benefits.

Cons:

Insane medical care expenses

I'll take instant medical care that costs over free medical care that you have to be put on a waiting list for.

So you prefer muslims over Mexicans. Got it.

Gas prices are insane

Where in Europe are you going that has cheaper gas prices than here... Oh and you can get a vehicle that consumes less gas and be part of the solution.

declining economy- current national debt is over 9 trillion dollars and rising!

Yeppers and they owe that to We the people.

I'll take Huckabee, or even Ron Paul over the european candidates.

Have you met many people from other countries? they can be downright rude as well. It isn't a wholly US trait to be a jerk. And quite frankly if you express some of the opinions you have expressed here, you might get even worse reactions in other countries.

tons of crime

Move to another part of your own town. Heck move to a small town and you'll see that some of those places are still "leave your house unlocked even while you are at work" towns.

low income for lots of people

See my post about how bad the "poor" in this country have it.

hurricanes hitting florida and it's neighbors like a gazillion tiems every summer

Not our fault, and Living in AZ, we don't have it so bad. Granted it gets effing hot(115+ and all you know is its effing hot). But me being married, its good for me because I get to see women in bikini's a lot more :D. (please note, that just because I love my wife, and am very happy with her, that does not mean that I can't admire beauty)

congress is corrupt

Congress doesn't have a monopoly on corruption. Nor is it uniquely American. You should see how corrupt it is in Mexico. Bribes are expected.

and that's why i plan to move to europe when i'm in my twenties.

Good luck with that. I would recommend you do a bit of research on european costs, income, taxes, politics, weather, vehicles, and of course Gas prices. All in all we have it pretty good. But as I have said to others, Move there, and stay there for two years. After that you may either like it, or hate it.

By the way, Just as a heads up, Just saying you don't mean to offend doesn't mean your comments are not offensive. Saying that a woman cannot lead this country because they are inferior to males is no better than saying an african american cannot lead this country because he is african american and inferior to caucasians. Me personally I would never vote for Hillary, but that is because of her stances on issues that are key to me. Heck she can't even state definatively whether she likes diamonds over pearls for petes sake.

@John:

Well IF Huckabee gets his way we get rid of the IRS. That to me is a good thing:D

In the next decade, i bet things will get really bad in america, and i'm willing

to move to europe. i'm already trying to learn german off the internet. I already am leanring pleanty of spanish, so spain and such may be an option by the time i'm in my twenties then too.

If you lived in a poor country' date=' wouldn't you too try to get a better life?[/quote']

He would, it seems.

If America devolves into a civil war, I'd be looking towards China, not Europe. China seems to be a booming superpower compared to Europe, and I like being a part of a superpower. Plus, Europe probraly have too high a tax rate and too many policies that I disagree with.

The problem is, will I be immigrating to China legally or illegally? Er. If their policies are too restricted, I may be driven into the hands of Europe, or, in the worst case, India.

Civil liberties are not too high a priority if confronted with civil unrest. Sure I want to speak, but I want to breathe too.

Huh... that was unexpected. i didn't think my posts woudl be taken in a bad way. i guess i was wrogn about europe. China and Japan sound pretty good. sorry about the female president opinion. i admit i was wrong there. Besides, china and japan are kinda cool countries.

Archived