Revan.... Or Exile... Or Random Guy

RobQel-Droma

Main PC?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Main PC?

• Revan
    • The Exile
    • "Some-Random-Guy-With-Amazing-Force-Potential"
    • I don't care if I play as Ajuur, just make the darn game.....

so i think youre right about the whole level problem so i do believe that they will get some newguy in kotor 3...BUT, i believe that this new character will be either the exile, or Revans apprentice. think about it, you have to tart from scratch and either revan or the exile are involved, unless they bring both in the game but one gets killed by a more powerfull foe (unlikely though). the hardest part about all of this is at the beginning of the game they would either have to give you a choice abot whether or not revan or the exile was good, or evilto determine your path.unless they take that choice away from you, in which case i could see the exile fighting revan one is good one is evile or both are evile in order to cut down on complication. They can't take revan or the exiles powers away AGAIN** that would be a little redundant dont you think?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah but the options at the end of TSL was 1:stay on Malachor as dark lord or 2:destroy alachor and go find revan. so if we played as the exile we whould be out looking for revan and all the level caps would be changed so we wouldnt have another amnisia struck sith lord that has to regain his powers and decide whether to be light/dark.

yeah but the options at the end of TSL was 1:stay on Malachor as dark lord or 2:destroy alachor and go find revan. so if we played as the exile we whould be out looking for revan and all the level caps would be changed so we wouldnt have another amnisia struck sith lord that has to regain his powers and decide whether to be light/dark.

Yeah, but the true story line is that the Exile stays good. The dark sides are alternate endings, not the actual true story.

Your second point makes sense; I'm sure at some point we'll have to play as either the Exile or Revan. Who knows, BioWare has a tendency to do the least expected with video games and make it incredible. So I'm sure they'll had some kind of twist if they introduce a brand new character.

I personally think we should play Exile. That's where we left off.

But didn't we leave off with Revan in KotOR 1?

We started KotOR 2 with The Exile, therefore there is sort of a pattern. I think that KotOR 3 will most likely have a new PC.

As much as I'd like to play as Revan, I agree with the others who claim it would make the experience more limiting. I'd rather play a new character. Maybe Revan could become your mentor (like Bastila was) and the Exile could join up with you (though I'd rather get to fight and kill her to be Revan's apprentice).

If they go with a random guy, I hope you get to start off with a jedi that has his powers from the get go. I mean, the whole revan and exile having to get their powers back to where they once were bit is getting kind of old.

Well, they need some reason to make you start at level 1.

What if you played first as the bad guy or this random guy , who gets involved in ... well something that drags him to the outer rim area , or unknow region .

This whole adventure goes about mid-way the game and something happens and your randome guy character ( you started to love and like ) gets a bang on the head and all fades to black .

And then the second part of the game starts witht the exile or Revan or a mix between these 2 .

And when all gets to the end , your choices affect with who you'll end the game with .

THe random guy or Revan or Exile .

What if you played first as the bad guy or this random guy , who gets involved in ... well something that drags him to the outer rim area , or unknow region .

This whole adventure goes about mid-way the game and something happens and your randome guy character ( you started to love and like ) gets a bang on the head and all fades to black .

And then the second part of the game starts witht the exile or Revan or a mix between these 2 .

And when all gets to the end , your choices affect with who you'll end the game with .

THe random guy or Revan or Exile .

So were you suggesting that their be multiple PCs throughout the storyline?

I think the game should focus on one PC rather than trying to have multiple ones. I don't think people would like it if they got connected to the first character then all of a sudden changed to some other guy.

So were you suggesting that their be multiple PCs throughout the storyline?

I think the game should focus on one PC rather than trying to have multiple ones. I don't think people would like it if they got connected to the first character then all of a sudden changed to some other guy.

A bit like that yes , but let me clearify :

The main focus of the game is this new guy , he has his own storyline at a certain point in the game , his story starts to cross Revan and Exiles .

Just before this crossing of "fate" / "destiny" , his story get interrupted , you switch back in time a little, to Exile or Revan .

While playing their part , you meet the new guy , you just played previously .

THis all somewhere near the end of the game , your choices made mainly with the new guy and those choices made Revan / Exile determine the end .

I think this gives a great replay value , theres all kind of combinations and it'll make sure each ending has something unique .

Your fear this hopping around on characters is bad , I suggest just 1 or (2 max )switches of character .

Plus you have this third pary , the evil guys , wich you can join with one or both characters .

Both playable characters can fight against these evil guys , but still have other agendas , that may still need to fight each other off .

Or they team up and both have the same goal .

There's enough stuff you can come up with , I think it'll give you great dilemmas in the end ... who will live and succeed ...

ANyway , I think this can work , it has been done in films , books ...

Why not in a story rich game .

THough your right about not overdoing the hopping of characters .

I think it should be a new pc, one of the young jedi trained by Atton and the npcs of kotor 2. Make it a few years into the rebuilding of the Republic and the order, say 150 years later, and give it a story arc that leads to finding the true sith empire and destroying it. That way, you can find the clues that Revan and the Exile left while they were out there fighting, and it could tie up all the lose ends. Also, no problems with starting at first level, and you get your jedi stuff right away. BOOYA!

But that's just my opinion. ( and the plotline of my Saga edition rpg)

I remember reading somewhere that the cut content included leaving either Handmaiden or Visas in charge of the Trayus Academy if your Exile goes to find Revan and we know that if your darkside you take over it yourself and I remember Kreia saying at the end saying something like "will you follow Revan's path or will you stay to train those that will eventually come?" so I thought it would have to be a new student with great force potential that was either trained by the Exile or by whoever was left in charge at the Trayus Academy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm predicting that your player character will have a tie to Darth Bane's story. In order to explain his or her amnesia, we can look at the thought-bomb Bane unleashed on the Jedi and Sith at the end of "The Path to Destruction". Maybe the latest player character would have been hit by the though-bomb, but he/she narrowly escaped with his/her life. As the character tries to pull together the events of the gallaxy, he/she discovers an unknown revelation.

Just my thoughts. Who really knows? :)

This was a very hard decision for me. This is what I would like

1. When you click NEW GAME it would ask which character you would like to play as. Either Revan or the Exile. Both would have different heads and classes.

2. Since at the end of TSL I would like it that your character would be a nobody who eventually finds a TSL character (Like the Handmaiden, Atton) Then the main character practically inherits the ebon Hawk.

But this is where it gets good. Something I would have liked in TSL was if Revan was good or evil you would be able to get different party members. (Like if he was good you would be able to find Juhani or Jolee). So what I was thinking was that the main character talks to another character and talk about Revan and the Exile. In this way you could find old party members.

Anyway something I would like is being able to go to the unknown regions where both Revan and the Exile went. Something else I would like to see is the main character not being special in any way. Just being a normal person who eventually finds out how to use a light saber and sooner or later saves the galaxy.

Anyway about the LEVELS problem and stuff. Other games never had this problem (Ratchet and Clank. You would always buy like 30 weapons but where did all your weapons and armor go in the sequel) (Megaman. You beat all the robot masters but why can't you use any of their powers in later games?)

Something that I would personally beg the creators of KOTOR III is to include more then one race. Since I know a lot of people who HATE how you can only play as a human and never have any diversity. I know in Revan's case he is supposed to be a human but with the Exile they could have easily changed the story line around for him for other races. So I truly wish they could add more races

I remember reading somewhere that the cut content included leaving either Handmaiden or Visas in charge of the Trayus Academy if your Exile goes to find Revan and we know that if your darkside you take over it yourself and I remember Kreia saying at the end saying something like "will you follow Revan's path or will you stay to train those that will eventually come?" so I thought it would have to be a new student with great force potential that was either trained by the Exile or by whoever was left in charge at the Trayus Academy.

I almost laughed at this. In case you didn't watch the final cut scene in KOTOR 2 but the Trayus Academy was in Malachor correct? Well if you didn't notice Malachor was ripped apart at the end of KOTOR 2 so there would no longer be a Trayus Academy to train students on

A more likely thing to do is train the students at the same place Atris trained the handmaidens. At the arctic site in Telos.

I almost laughed at this. In case you didn't watch the final cut scene in KOTOR 2 but the Trayus Academy was in Malachor correct? Well if you didn't notice Malachor was ripped apart at the end of KOTOR 2 so there would no longer be a Trayus Academy to train students on
In the cut content mentioned, the player has the option not to destroy Malachor V. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
^

Canon is only relevant in novels and books. In the games, however, we should be given the chance to choose (As they did in TSL), because we all role-played our characters in a different way.

Thats not true. Games have been canonized for ages; look at Dark Forces (Kyle Katarn even appears in the newer novels now). And the comics (most of them, especially the pre-Clone Wars ones) are pretty much canon as well. KotOR has been canonized as well as the events that take place after The Greast Sith War with Exar Kun. The upcoming game The Force Unleashed is already officially canon as well; it details the events between Episode 3 & 4 and is authorized by Lucas. :D

Archived