Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

Anyway, look on the bright side, you'll have a little niece/nephew to spoil. Always fun!

I apparently have nieces and nephews I have never met.

My dad has other kids from his previous marriages. So I have 2 older half-sisters and a half-brother.

I have never met any of them. Despite the fact that they all live well within 100 miles of my current location. At last report, my sisters were in Worcester, Ma., and my brother was in Brighton, Ma. (spitting distance from where I work.)

I literally could pass any of them in the street (and as far as I know, I have... maybe on more than one occasion) and never know it.

This set of circumstances has always struck me as a very odd way to live one's life... but there we go. I have tried to contact the others on several occasions, with mixed results. My dad doesn't even have much (if any) contact with any of them these days, either.

But then, my dad's extended family litters this area... and I don't know any of them. Not a single aunt or uncle. The only people I know on my dad's side of the family are my dad and step-mom. And that's it.

Strange... but it is what it is.

P.A. got set up easy. It sounded pretty good under the circumstances. There was something weird bothering me... but nobody else heard it, and they were thrilled with the way it sounded, so I let it go. Otherwise, I'd probably still be there, troubleshooting and tweaking, and making myself crazy over it.

Hmmm... where the hell has Zoom wandered off to again? It just struck me that I haven't seen him in a couple of days... but since this is about the only thread I bother checking anymore, I could be missing much.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

work was easy. just sat around. 4 hours wasn't worth it though, and i wanted to get some groceries, but they ****ing blocked off the aisles cause they were waxing the floor. :rolleyes:

i forgot to get cat food as well. dammit.

i get the 10-7 shift tomorrow. yay. i think i'll pay off my credit card and go for eye exam and contacts this week, throw it on the credit card since i may be getting a decent profit sharing check to more than afford it.

It was warm and rained last night... then around 2am it froze. Now it is raining again and will probly freeze this afternoon, followed by snow, followed by high winds.

Welcome to wisconsin, if you don't like the weather just wait 15 minutes and it will change... drastically

Oh and I find it interesting Ike that you can talk me down as "Not knowing anything" yet don't offer and positive advice why I am wrong. Me thinks you decided to not like me and won't offer a chance of redemption. if you want to talk off list your welcome, but I find it rude when people dismiss me so easily.

And Keyan

"What she deserves is an eternity in hell for her sins, like pretty much all of us"

Yes we all deserve that, but we also should be doing our best to help people avoid it. There will come a time when she realizes how much she screwed up her life and she can either be bitter, or look to those that tried to help her and she ignored. But in the end it is HER choice. all we can do is try to help people find the correct path.

Maybe, Keyan, you are a bit jealous because she takes the freedom for her life you are afraid of to taste. :PPP

I mean, reading again through your posts it seems you don't exactly know what your sister is really doing, and that you're kind of annoyed that she is not doing that what her family is expecting from her. Maybe that is also the problem for her being like that.

;~~~

Going to buy an HDTV tomorrow. The one for the livingroom. It will probably be a Samsung... but probably under 40 inches.

1080p if I can get it.

Hugh Masekela tonight. South African jazz-pop. Pretty easy. Pretty nice. Little bit of drama earlier with the EMTs here with a stretcher. Nothing too serious from what I could tell, though...

Gotta get up crazy early to get the car to the dealership to be checked out. If you aren't there by 7, there's no guarantee they'll even look at it that day.

Then I'll take mom's Jetta wagon around to all the stores and do some comparison pricing on HDTVs.

Gonna be another expensive day.

Work was cool. After we closed, we took one of the nice Samsung 71 series TV's, plugged an Xbox 360 into it, and played Call of Duty 4.

I pretty much wreaked everyone.

remind me sometime after i get back from deployment to challenge you to a drunken JKII:JA match.

KK, I have nothing against you or anyone else here on the board. I didn't think my statement needed further explanation since I pretty much stated what I wanted to say, which is that marriage is a very complex thing and really can't be summed up in a sentence or two. Sure, you can say that it's just two people who love each other living together to create a stable environment for offspring, but when it comes to actually doing that, there is nothing simple about it.

I apologize if you took it personally, but I've heard comments from you and Keyan regarding marriage, and, as a married man, I find it somewhat comical since both of you speak from a theoretical standpoint, whereas I have actual experience. I also have experience regarding this EXACT same circumstance and feel pretty confident that I know what I'm talking about.

Keyan, you've got to stop thinking about this as something terrible. You just have to. Your sister is carrying a child of God, she's not marked with a scarlet letter.

Since the whole thing is still new and fresh for you and your family, I can understand your reaction. I just hope and pray that as it sinks in over time that you learn to focus on your sister's needs and the new neice or nephew that is going be around soon. If you've never been around a pregnant woman, you may be in for a shock.

froze last night, don't know how much sleep i got. if i was here a few more hours instead of on my way to work in 30 minutes, i'd call down and make them turn the heat on. -_-

last night i decided to buy a 24 pack of bottled water, trying to drink 4 bottles a day or more, and see if i notice any improvement in how i feel.

i do believe the myspace email was an attempt to hack into my account. the girl's "friend" who wrote me, said to respond to an email, now a clueless person, would have used the email they registered myspace with, and then all the hacker would need after that is a password.

Ugh.

Plans have changed.

First: I overslept. Not by much... but enough to set back my schedule for getting to the dealership before they opened at 7.

Secondly: The weather around here is completely ****tacular. Horrible.

Not really a day I want to be out in, if I can help it. Especially driving around in a car that's not my own.

If the rain and wind die down later this afternoon maybe I'll try to tackle part of my plans... but as it looks now, it's probably a good day to give up and head back to bed.

Which is probably what I'll do before too long.

yeah.....keyan you could be the father figure ;)

fiance and I looked at houses this weekend, 3/4 were a flop, the one we kinda liked, is about 24 miles outside of town, which could get $$ for commuting

only about 20 more to look at currently listed in our price range that interest us.

saldy most of them are not in a preferred location

I apologize if you took it personally, but I've heard comments from you and Keyan regarding marriage, and, as a married man, I find it somewhat comical since both of you speak from a theoretical standpoint, whereas I have actual experience. I also have experience regarding this EXACT same circumstance and feel pretty confident that I know what I'm talking about.

This is the same reason people give for not trusting marriage advice from a priest, and I don't buy it. We know what marriage means. And even if we haven't been married, we've experienced marriages in our lives - our parents, family, friends, etc. There is something to the objectivity that comes with distance as well.

Keyan, you've got to stop thinking about this as something terrible. You just have to. Your sister is carrying a child of God, she's not marked with a scarlet letter.

You can't just say, "Oops! What's done is done." and pretend everything is OK now. Sins require admiting that what you done is wrong, seeking forgiveness, doing penance, and to stop doing the wrong thing that you did. Of course, this has been the issue ever since she started living with this fellow.

But the pregnancy presents a real practical problem, namely she cannot take care of a child. She cannot even take care of herself. Both of their salaries combined do not equal their bills every month. And the thing is, it doesn't have to be this way. They could each be doing just fine, but they make poor decisions. My sister at this point could be making great money as a cosmotologist. But she's quit every single salon in town. She just gets bored with things and quits. Well, there's no quitting from motherhood. The real problem here is that once this baby is born, there is a real danger of her just getting bored and something terrible happening when she diverts her attention. You see this kind of stuff on the news all the time. She has GOT to get her act together or this is going to end in real tragedy.

What she deserves is an eternity in hell for her sins, like pretty much all of us. I've spent her entire life trying to help her avoid what she deserves, get her back on track, live a good life, and be responsible enough to at least take care of herself. But she's always been a rogue and done whatever she's wanted, regardless of the logic (or lack thereof) of it. For all I know, she got pregnant on purpose.

Only someone who has lived a very cloistered, insulated life would have your opinions. Frightening to be sure.

Here's some news: you live in the real world, women get pregnant, married or not. You stated earlier that "You can't just say, "Oops! What's done is done." and pretend everything is OK now." let me amend that statement for you: "What's done IS done, so deal with it."

I understand that you care for your sister, and I understand that you think she's made a mistake. But she's your f'n family, don't condemn her because you are narrow minded. I feel sorry for you, not for her. She gets to bring a new life into this world, you get to be a miserable bastard who feels indentured to God and can't make a move in life without consulting the book. Get off your ass and live your life.

And by the way, once she has the child and you see it for the first time, you will forget why you were angry, I promise.

Keyan, while you're at it, share how you are able to predict the future that certain, eh. Also, do you think if you and your family gonna drop her, that this would make things any better? I mean, at least she has a job, and he got one too, they live together, and obviously want to change nothing about that. And just because that doesn't hold on to your and your family's values doesn't mean this is terrible and wrong.

ed, you would've probably had to wait forever in line at the dealer anyway, cause today is presidents day. walmart is packed like it's the end of the world...very strange for a monday.

my sis moved her dresser out, so i'm pretty sure i'll be here by myself a while. my parents are pissed at her, not for moving in with her boyfriend, but for not letting our landlords know what was up. so when i got home for lunch just now, my landlord's wife had some mail, so i just told her that i am pretty sure she is moving out. i'm po'd that she had to hear it from me and not her. -_- oh well.

as long as she doesn't take her computer.....my computer is not booting, keeps saying 'diskette drive 0 not found' i checked the cables a million times to the hard drive and it seems fine. the power supply isn't broke, it reads the ram correctly, so i'm gonna have to look into getting another hard drive...and i'll need to get windows xp as well.

i'm tired...i was working by myself most of this morning, waves of customers and people that were asking for stuff in the wrong department. i am glad that i only have less than 3 hours to go when i get back.

oh yeah, and my hours are being cut yet again in 2 weeks. down to 35. the "save money, live better" slogan only applies to people that do not work at walmart. how can i save money when i can barely pay the bills on this wage, yet not have enough money to SAVE in case something came up? i could go live with mom and dad! 2 years and 8 months of the place is getting to me.

Yeah... that crossed my mind about the TV shopping too.

I just don't see another day on my calendar for weeks where I can both: live without my car all day; and borrow my mom's hatchback wagon for putting a flat screen TV in easily.

The weather is nicer now. And I had a pretty decent nap.

I'm gonna have some breakfast now, and a shower, and then head out to at least see if I can get that inspection behind me today anyway... if it will pass.

hah, R15 you remind me of why I quit working for Big Box stores. When I found out that wally-mart is HAPPY with a 6 month turnover on employees, and doesn't budget for ANY overtime, yet the Managers practically break their arms patting themselves on the back when they receive their year end bonuses. DOes the worker get any appreciation? nope we get our hours cut.

Ike, I understand and apologize to, but i think Keyan has a point. We have experienced marriages second hand. If there is one thing I have learned from asking several happy couples who celebrated 50 years of marriage is that they both NEED eachother. They need eachother to raise kids, and live comfortably.

In fact I could have easily been married and had kids of my own, but I have yet to find someone that needs me as much as I need them.

yeah.....keyan you could be the father figure ;)

fiance and I looked at houses this weekend, 3/4 were a flop, the one we kinda liked, is about 24 miles outside of town, which could get $$ for commuting

only about 20 more to look at currently listed in our price range that interest us.

saldy most of them are not in a preferred location

God, I know that feeling... The worst is when you find the "perfect" house going through it with the realtor, but something happens and you can't get it... Happened to my fiance and I three times. Got outbid on the first one, the second deal was tanked by an owner that didn't want his dead mother's house owned by a guy with a goatee, and the third one had asbestos shingles that hadn't been mentioned by the realtor or owner when we signed the offer. Thank God for that inspection clause...

We were both pretty downtrodden when a friend of her family's offered us a great deal on their place... Their daughter was 4 and the mom was pregnant again so they wanted a bigger place. It's not perfect (I'm a pack rat and the place isn't quite big enough), but there's no flaws or defects and the price was insane (private sale between friends means great prices and no realtor fees!) so I'll have a ton of equity in it by the time *my* family outgrows it in 5-10 years.

Should apply for another walmart for 20 hrs wk, then ask for your first one to get cut down to 20

that's a good idea, but then the schedules would either conflict with each other, or i wouldn't get scheduled hours at all, remember, now they have computers-not people, scheduling out the hours, so if your availability is not open at ALL, you'll get screwed over.

still, that does sound like an interesting idea. something i hadn't thought of doing before.

Archived