Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

Query: Will you put a saved game as the BoS I

It will be recommended that you start a new game after installing the mod, to stop any errors from occurring due to unforeseen technical errors.

But saves will be supplied in the package, one before the whole BoS quest was started. And one after the original BoS is completed, and just before BoS:SR starts.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another new screenshot. This time one of the areas of the Korriban Wastes.

I actually reskinned the module way back in October, and have only now got round to filling it with content. This is because (With the exception of the Mandalorian Ship stuff) I've been working chronologically through the mod - Which unless you plan everything out from start to finish, is really the best way to do things.

wastes.jpg

I actually played BoS:SR from the very start to the point in which I'm currently working on yesterday. That took a few hours, but it was interesting to say the least. It was the first time I've actually played through all the modules in correct order. :p

Sorry to point out the extremley obviosu but your pc appears to have an odd greenish glow on his head.

It's the glare from Korriban's sun.

So chronologically how far from the end are you? JOKE :-p

Still much to do, but I past the half way point some time ago.

This mod will probebly be out in september unless if Silver has a virus and loses eveything! Unlikely

It'll be done when it's done. And even when all the content is created - There is still much more to be done after that. :p

And if my computer were to die tommorow, it wouldn't matter. I do the smart thing and back up the mod after every session.

Another new screenshot. This time one of the areas of the Korriban Wastes.

I actually reskinned the module way back in October, and have only now got round to filling it with content. This is because (With the exception of the Mandalorian Ship stuff) I've been working chronologically through the mod - Which unless you plan everything out from start to finish, is really the best way to do things.

wastes.jpg

Nice, way to reskin... Dantooine?

Or Tatooine?

A few more screenshots from the Korriban Wastes. Also, the custom loading screen that will be used for BoS:SR modules - Posted it in another thread some time ago, but not everybody has seen it yet.

Korriban Wraids fighting Desert Tukata

Fighting in the Korriban Wastes

Matilda in the Korriban Wastes

Load Screen

Also, something more.

Below is the contents of a datapad that was found in the Korriban Wastes. It offers a unique insight into the environment that you will be exploring when you reach that particular stage of the mod.

(This datapad is of a design that you do not recognize. Despite it’s apparent age, the information stored on this datapad seems to be relatively intact.)

The account of Valde Tenuis, an archaeologist of the Sith Empire.

Records of our existence are meaningless when compared with the relevance and impact of our achievements. But when one has no achievements, when one has accomplished nothing – Taking pride in an existence, not matter how worthless - Is no sin.

Who am I? I am Valde Tenuis – a lowly archaeologist under the command of Eximius Malum – Chief Researcher into the culture of the life forms we have come to know as the Sith, under his highness Lord Ajunta Pall.

What am I doing here? We were tasked by his highness Ajunta Pall with charting the many unknown regions of the recently discovered Sith planet Korriban. Lead by Eximius Malum himself; this expedition has so far proved to be a great success – With many valuable secrets and treasures of the Sith discovered in the numerous temples and tombs that litter the surface of this ancient world.

These wastelands I find myself in are one of the more barren and isolated regions of land situated around the recently discovered collection of temples and tombs, that we have chosen to refer too as the Valley of the Dark Lords – An area that will no doubt prove it’s worth for years to come.

But we could not foresee the predicament we are in now. We have found these wastes to be treacherous and unstable. The creatures here are restless and bloodthirsty – Even more so then in other charted regions of this planet. Many of my brethren have already fallen prey to the vile beasts that seem to guard these featureless lands with what we have perceived to be malicious intent.

Something permeates these wastes with a great power, I can sense it - feel it through the Force. Our only hope it seems is to discover the source of this disturbance – And claim it’s power for the glory of our new empire. I can only hope that I myself live to witness such glory.

I've decided to implement some lore for the sake of lore into some areas of the mod. Some of it serves a purpose in informing the player of the environment that they are currently in - Whilst other lore is just there to be read. The majority of it is purely fan fiction on my part, but I've taken care to research the relevant topics beforehand to make sure it's consistent with "official" lore. :p

Written lore is one of the things that I felt was missing in KOTOR. Sure, there were the occasional datapads - But nothing on the scale of say, Morrowind.

Also, I appreciate it that you may scourge the text for any sign of spelling or grammar errors, but I assure you that if there are any, they will be corrected during the beta. So don't bother devoting a whole post to pointing them out. :p

Also, the demo I mentioned a while back will still be coming. The reason for the delay is because I've been too focused on created the content, rather then advertising it. :p

Although I've chosen to expand it a little. Rather then just a single module, it will probably be around 3. I'll try to get it done when I have a few spare hours or something.

OMG! That load screen shows that Sith Ghost from the original BoS. Does that mean you'll see him too? I hope so, he had one of the best skins ever!

The load screen will be applied to all BoS modules, including those in the original. So naturally, the load screen has to represent elements from all areas of the BoS mods. So don't take it as a direct confirmation (or this explanation as a denial) of a "Brotherhood of Shadow" appearance in Solomon's Revenge. :p

I haven't checked in on this since my last post (college, you know how that is) and all i have to say is, "WOW!!!" Silver and Q you both are amazing modders. I can't wait for this to finish, I haven't broken out KotOR in months, too busy with Oblivion modding. XD The armors look top notch, almost as if they were naturally part of the game. I'm so excited to find out about this temple Q is making! Keep up the wonderful work, though I know you will.

Consolation: Then I have to use Matilda

Rhetoric Question: And what's the problem with that?

Editing the 2DA file to allow the player to wear the robes would require me to override one of the existing armours or robes. And I don't plan on overriding existing game assets, just adding to them.

And give it a rest with the whole "HK-47" thing in your posts, it's really lame. :p

I've been messing around on photoshop for a few hours trying to create a "logo" for an organisation featured in the mod. I have a solid design finalised, yet many variations of that design. :p

bos_logocopy.jpg

Anybody have any favourites, or ideas/suggestions? At the moment I'm leaning more towards choosing the second from the right on the top row.

Archived