Home

All 6 Star Wars films to be aired on Spike TV

Ferc Kast

I had almost forgotten about this until I went on TheForce.Net; It seems like yesterday that it was originally announced.

In 2005, Spike TV purchased the rights to air the Star Wars saga starting in April 2008 for 6 years. Well...the time is approaching fast; So, now is the time to prepare yourselves for the jump into a "galaxy far, far away". It's less than 1.5 months away.

Link

IMO, I think this will be perfect for Star Wars fans.

Heh, I dunno what this Spike TV you speak of translates to my ears, but a few months ago, they showed all 6 movies back-to-back on Star Movies, an Asian movies channel. Man, the only day I was glued to the TV for 12 hours straight.

Man that must have been insane :eyeraise: What about food and pooping and...stuff?

((I actually always wanted to do something like that...))

That will be cool. Even though I generally have the entire saga on dvd (with the exeption of Episode 1 which I actually have on VHS). I will have to upgrade to the dvd version soon....But as milo said, "Finally something on Spike worth watching.". I have to strongly agree with that statement. :)

Man that must have been insane :eyeraise: What about food and pooping and...stuff?

((I actually always wanted to do something like that...))

It started at about 11 or so in the morning so I had a nice poop way before that. And of course, the food just keeps rolling into my stomach when I'm watching something I love on TV! :D

To be honest, I got a little weary by the time Episode VI kicked in...

It was better when HBO(or was it cinemax?) aired them all back to back... No commercial interuptions, no cut content for the "Edited to play in the allotted time" junk. I hate that...

There are a few good shows on Spike, though I guess those shows are something that more car guys want to watch. I used to watch CSI on Spike, but they kinda cured me of wanting to watch it. When I could literally turn it on at any time of day and find CSI on, I got burnt out.

whats the big deal, we all have the DVDs (and VHS)!

Some of us ever have the Laser Disc too. :D (Before someone points it out, only the original trilogy is on laser disc, but I have 2 copies of the original trilogy (special edition)).

Why would you want to watch them on TV when you've got them on DVD? Why?

Because when you are watching them on TV it is like you are watching them with friends all over the country. I'd rather watch them on DVD.

Archived