Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

no i want to figure it out but my main concern is am i going to be hunted the entire times AGAIN........ or do i have the chance to actually join them and do quest vs the jedi and republic? and will i be server so say revan or the dark lord that is my concern or do i get that choice? because everytime i play kotor i always ask what did i do wrong to be hunted i defineitly ask myself about this in the 2nd one it makes no since to be hunted as an exile, i would perfer the experince of an actual fall and service to a dark lord and then rising up and taking his throne if i made the right choices or do the knowable form the light side take them out. and i had an awsome idea, why dont u makea warehouse to store the items i mean forceusers travel light and by carrying all of those weapons and armor and ect.. like u do in the real kotor games it is unrealistic to the jedi and sith. i mean if i was a kedi or sith do u rly think im going to carry with me 10 armor pieces and maybe 20 guns and 100,1 of part sand stuff, i think not that would slow me down and if u do choose this then there should be an issue with your speed like the heavier u r do to what u carry the slower u should go and visa versa. would that be able to be implemented?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wouldn't you rather play it and find out than know beforehand? i know i would.

no i dont want to know the story line necessarly just giving ideas and want to know my options of quest i can take is all i dont want to know ere it will lead me just if i can do those things

well i believe that is the main quest of the game to find out about this past and what happened to him but my point is i want to do more i want to become his apprentice and if i get the right choices made face him for the true dark title. i mean think after u do that u can find the exile and learn from him and then kill him or visa versa with the method then you go into hiding and come out 300 years later (that can be the background for star wars the old republic.) but during the game i want to have the chance to serve and overtake all sides and if you stay true to the light maybe u can be made a master this would and could give a realy good true experince conisdering if you stay light then learn about revan and his powers u bring it back to the jedi coulcil and inform them of this therefore setting a big learning type stage for the republic and the jedi so they can learn further more abouthe unkown region. the unkown regions u must realize is aware to the republic but there are no trade routes in them for appaerntly i belive i read the machines fail like navigation but they know planets exist back there in the future like in the books Zoist and stuff in the legacy of the jedi i think with the yuhzong vong(spelt it wrong i know sry.)this can also set the stage for were that knowledge comes in if u finish light sided but i also believe u should have to remained the lights side all they way through or at least 90% of it, but not forced to, and other things for the dark side like for them u are the sith lord that appears in swtor. i got maybe a few other ideas if u want them just ask. yea but i also really think the warehouse idea is awsome u can travel to a city ora special are to store items, or even better you can have ur items transported to your ship or off your ship if you request them in the middle of town.

Hey everyone,

I know some of you would like to know more about the game and its plot or certain aspects of the game.

I will not have any spoiler boxes which will allow individuals to learn about the game which would or could ruin the game experience.

As for what will and will not be revealed to the public before the game is released,....

I will only be releasing information which are non spoilers and you can expect the information you will receive will be similar to any game company/studio when creating and releasing a game. There might be times when I might release information to help the public not get confused or make judgments which might lead to an improper view of the game, characters, plot, etc

MORE TO COME...

Logan

no i want to figure it out but my main concern is am i going to be hunted the entire times AGAIN........

You will start out as a padawan, beneath the notice of most people (besides fellow Jedi). Nobody will be hunting you, but events will unfold to change that. It wouldn't be much of an adventure if there wasn't anyone to antagonize you :xp. In this case you will see the change as it happens, and the mystery will be to uncover why.

and i had an awsome idea, why dont u makea warehouse to store the items i mean forceusers travel light and by carrying all of those weapons and armor and ect.. like u do in the real kotor games it is unrealistic to the jedi and sith. i mean if i was a kedi or sith do u rly think im going to carry with me 10 armor pieces and maybe 20 guns and 100,1 of part sand stuff, i think not that would slow me down and if u do choose this then there should be an issue with your speed like the heavier u r do to what u carry the slower u should go and visa versa. would that be able to be implemented?

I can understand that the "infinite backpack" will make any game seem less realistic. The thing is, we're playing a game, and games are supposed to be fun and entertaining. If I had to travel from the seventh level of a dungeon, all the back accross a planet, get in a ship, fly to a different planet, walk to my warehouse just to pick up my fireproof armour, then travel all the way back... (whew :sweat:) I'd get mighty bored with all the walking. I like realism too, but I just have to imagine to myself that the item screen is like fed-ex, and they are delivering my armour at light speed.

and also i hope you guys are able to fix the revan cape and belt thing :(

That's something that anyone with enough time (at least a year) can fix, as a separate mod. But, since I've got my hands full as it is, I'll leave it for someone else.

okay i understand ur point about the warehouse idea but im sure we can come up with a better solution it just seems so unrealistic it bothers me, personally my cousin hated that factor about the "infinite backpack" and sent in many complaints about it and alot of his friends were with him so it irritates people to have that factor but it is good to have all ur items i mean f u r in a dungeon have a place were u can store them for a temporary notice or something it just needs to be fixed, yea the low person rating i get that but again why is there interest in me the main quest is me finding revan and information on his past, i imagine if a sith had interest in it he would hide then when i found it just me out all force kill me and take it that way he isn't heard of right? the thing is you are always startingat a low status rating then building up and being hunted it is getting boring yes i love the mystery keep that idea factor implemented but change the storyline up so im not ALWAYS being hunted s i have some room to breath, this may in over many people's interest. im also saying there can be more than one antagonist so more options mean more quest which is more fun and more worth my while to play the game, i have played kotor 1 and kotor 2 many times and everytime i ask my self these few questions and it almost seems like i become less interested in it because i kow what will happened everytime so i never have to change my status of my character, by adding more stuff and being able to have different antagonist you make the game harder and more interesting and also in order to fully win hte game u must play it several times which again makes it worth buying, and logan if u wont release them to the public then send them to my email on here or my actual email im trying to help out and want to know these factors to consider ideas yes it is a bit of a spoiler but ill still play the game because of may other factors. if u can do that i promise i wont spread them got my word my coding in c++ is coming along slowly but well so when im done and everything and settled with the military after basic and a school i can get in here and code actually for u.

Sooo are you goiing to do something special :)

you mean besides making dozens of unique characters, with interesting and interwoven story lines? Betryal, accusations of treason, and a profound mystery? :raise:

If you are looking for more info specifically about Revan, there are plenty of other posts throughout this thread that everyone can re-read (and other fun tidbits :D). Among them are #33, 51, 517, 518, 564, 710 & 720. Plus, don't forget that there is the social group and development blogs.

Plenty of info for everyone :)

Social group and development blogs where?

if you want more information about the game go through and read the other post on this forum or just click on the numbers he has posted there.

Does anyone else thin k that a type of warehouse system would be a good idea? i mean it really helps to make it more realistic and in a game that is one thing that is constantly looked for and always developers are overlooking these small facts that help so much

Social group and development blogs where?

I usually get there by going to my "user cp" page, and then on the left side of the screen, near the top under Networking, is a link to all the social groups. You might have to search for Revenge of Revan, but when you find it, you should be able to joing the public group. There is lots more info in there. Enjoy :D

You know this is Star Wars right? :lol:

yes i know it is starwars ~snipped~but you are still capable of making to more realistic i mean do they carry tons of crap on them during the movies and ect? i think not, so yea just trying to make it a more realistic experience personally i never changed my armor unless i found better jedi or sith robe hahahahaha kept i to entire game hahahahahaha and won

Originally Posted by Darth_Sasuna

it really helps to make it more realistic

You know this is Star Wars right?

Roleplaying games aren't supposed to be aimed at realism, not the AD&D type anyway.

yes i know it is starwars dummy but you are still capable of making to more realistic i mean do they carry tons of crap on them during the movies and ect?

You don't really expect the poor guy to be carrying all that stuff with him? It's called a 'buffer inventory' (unoficially, that is, so to speak), something that appeared with J-type RPG games BUUUUT that's off topic....

Does anyone else thin k that a type of warehouse system would be a good idea? i mean it really helps to make it more realistic and in a game that is one thing that is constantly looked for and always developers are overlooking these small facts that help so much

wether we wanted to or not, I don't think that the game engine would be capable of limiting the items in the inventory based on weight. I don't know much about scripting the game, but it seems to me that we can only empty the inventory completely (like when the exile gets arrested, and later recovers all items from a TSF locker).

If you think you can work on the problem and come up with some kind of solution, then please do. It's a neat idea, and it might make a great stand alone mod. I don't think it's possible (but I mostly work on character skins and models, so what do I know?), so I don't think we'll be spending too much time on something like this. We need to finish what we've already got started before adding something this difficult to the mix.

Hey,

I notice the discussion on the inventory and having a place to store them as well as a feature to slow the player up if they have to many. I see the points on both sides of the debate.

A feature like this is something that is usually built into the game's engine or its balancing system. The game designers for kotor2 would have placed this feature in to balance the player so to limit them from having to many items or a hub to store them.

A place for a hub to store these items is the PC’s ship which is inferred but not restricted. If the player was restricted on the number of item or having a form a fatigue would have to be built into the system for looting and uses for inventory. I know some newer games do have a system to limit the number you can carry but in kotor2’s design they did not implement this feature.

I understand we all like a little realism but I like to use the term grounding some feature or event into the story’s reality. I try to use grounding as a way to have a reason for everything within the RoR game. This is used within the story as well as the gameplay.

You have all seen the modcast of the Lightsaber creation system and the post concerning the feature. This feature hints to the idea that you will not have 20 lightsabers since this will clog up your inventory and as someone stated; example each force user would be using one or two lightsabers depending on their fighting style. This will go into when and how many saber hilts will be able to be created but with the progression system you can alter that one saber to different style/forms which in turn give you different skins for your hilts.

This topic of inventory overload has been discussed in the team social group where we have thrown around ideas to solve the issue you are discussing without placing a feature that would make a player move slower. This making the player move slower sounds realistic but will in turn annoy the player and break them from the immersion of the story/gamplay.

The team and I have talked about limiting looting as well as NPCs dropping tons of useless or over powering items which should be either earned or bought through a merchant. Most of the details on this topic will be worked out in testing when we are in full demo mode; since then we can say hey we need more of this or that…or maybe we might see that we are getting over loaded with items at this point so lets try to limit or remove some useless drops. We will pushing for the player to interact with the merchant in a larger degree than kotor2 did as well as increase the use of crafting for special items which will push players to break down the extra useless items/weapons/armor so they can be used to make new more useful items at the same time rewarding the player for making decisions with crafting and buying items verse just giving them without the feeling of earning the new blaster or armor.

To conclude some of what you have discussed and debated will be solved buy controlling and balancing the looting system. By taking a more control role in keeping players from clogging their inventory the player can keep themselves from getting distracted by 20 pieces of armor they own and focus on the gameplay and story/ choices within the game.

I hope this helps clears up on how we plan to not make the same errors that kotor2 did in the area of looting and items.

I wonder if this should count as a Developer Blog entry,lol :)

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

I hope this helps clears up on how we plan to not make the same errors that kotor2 did in the area of looting and items.

I'd discuss this in more detail on the Social Group's thread, however to put it shortly it's best that we make the mod's items appear as they did in K1, that is, no variables, each container is a questlike container with a single, unique, non-random and non-variable set of items. (Helps the player acquire many of the items unique to the mod, which i will not discuss here due to spoilers), Same goes for the major NPCs.

As for the minor NPCs, random spawning will be possible, but more realistic and extremely limited to categories (no more Rifle-wielding Sith troopers dropping Arg'garoks and twin Gamorrean Cleavers i.e). Same goes for some creatures.

Hey,

Just stopping in to post a few quick pics:)

Showing a hint of a new feature in this one....

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
slidenumber19.jpg

Build or Break Trust with Party Members....

Show spoiler
slidenumber14.jpg

Bad Rancor!!!

Show spoiler
slidenumber16.jpg

Corellia starts to get populated....

Show spoiler
k200234.jpg

Combat!!

Show spoiler
k200345.jpg

I hope guys enjoy the pics

MORE TO COME......

Logan

I hope guys enjoy the pics

Yes as usual. About that rancor... is that a fighting pit of some kind? Seems cool. And the party member in the screens in the military uniform... is that the corillean guy? (Can't remember his name right now) Just have to say the uniform looks great.

Archived