Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

Looks awesome. One request is, if a player misses that "one and only" chance during a quest for a specific crystal, holocron, etc...

It would be very cool if near the end of the game, there could be a merchant or somesuch where these things could be purchased, perhaps at very high prices. That way the player still loses out on having it for much of the game, but if they had the creds, can still buy it and use it for the end of the game at least.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks awesome. One request is, if a player misses that "one and only" chance during a quest for a specific crystal, holocron, etc...

It would be very cool if near the end of the game, there could be a merchant or somesuch where these things could be purchased, perhaps at very high prices. That way the player still loses out on having it for much of the game, but if they had the creds, can still buy it and use it for the end of the game at least.

I agree. As the game gets harder and you go deeper into the plot and face more difficult enemies this idea or allowing the player another chance to get it will help balance the game. Your idea is very well put since there is a slight penalty but in the end you could get the item just not as soon as other players.

I must say, this looks AWESOME. Another great thing about this mod, this lightsaber creation system. You get to build a lightsaber and you even get a custom hilt, brilliant.

About the hilts, will they be based on those of the movies? Or are they new designs?

Keep up the good work logan, regards to you and your team ;)

Hi people...and logan well done!This looks very promising!

Anyway call me lazy but im interested in few things(to lazy to read all 20 pagesXD):

1)Is this a cannon mod?(are the True Sith antagonist's in this mod)

2)By the looks of the title it would seem that Revan is main antagonist!Please tell me it aint so!:(

Edit: Just finished listening the modcast......me likes it very much:)

Edit2: One plead for Logan!

Please put Vrook as a force ghost...and a chance to obliterate him as a dark side option!:p

Please put Vrook as a force ghost...and a chance to obliterate him as a dark side option!:p

Ya know.... I will admit that I play light side a lot more often.... but this idea would be fantastic. I mean.... you can kill him in TSL, but then he probably just becomes a force ghost. It would be pretty awesome to utterly destroy that self-righteous, stuck up, condescending snob... especially if you gain something from it (kinda like doing the multiverse a favor).

Hey everyone!

I want to first say thanks to everyone for their support:)

1)Is this a cannon mod?(are the True Sith antagonist's in this mod)

2)By the looks of the title it would seem that Revan is main antagonist!Please tell me it aint so!

Please put Vrook as a force ghost...and a chance to obliterate him as a dark side option!

Ya know.... I will admit that I play light side a lot more often.... but this idea would be fantastic. I mean.... you can kill him in TSL, but then he probably just becomes a force ghost. It would be pretty awesome to utterly destroy that self-righteous, stuck up, condescending snob... especially if you gain something from it (kinda like doing the multiverse a favor).

This Mod is a cannon mod in that it fits in between kotor2 and TOR with no conflicts as of the last TOR update.

The mod will allow the player to set gender and alignment/ending for Exile and Revan so you can continue playing the way you had your Exile and Revan in the earlier kotors.

I can not get into the villains in the game due to spoilers.

Revan is a major character in the game but he will not be the main antagonist.

Master Vrook...the guy everyone loves to hate..I can only imagine if Kreia and Vrook had a kid.....lol

Master Vrook will not be showing up in the game, I feel that his story is concluded. As for Vrook being a force ghost, it is very unlikely ....say the Exile was light side since Kreia kills the three Jedi masters by ripping the Force from their bodies making them non Force users. The three died and with no connection to the Force the Jedi Masters would not be able to become a Force ghost based on the resisting rules in star wars.

MORE TO COME......

Logan

Give me a dark side mastery char at the begining of the game and i will be on light side by the end of it!:)

I see we agree 100% on this(first time playing bearly resisted to kick his ass).But alas Logan is right...Kreia did kicked their asses by draining them out of force!

Logan thanks man...glad to hear that Revan wont be an SOB in your mod!:thmbup1:

Hello there. I just got my head around this mod and I'm delighted with what I see. It all looks incredibly awesome and I think this might top The Jedi Masters mod in terms of a "KotOR III". Just wow.

But I'm not writing just to flatter you. I've been going through the videos you posted on youtube and I have a suggestion for you. I don't know if it has been mentioned before and I don't want to get in your way with nothing but ney-saying but I have a big problem with the mod's esthetics; the colours you used, specifically. Now I know this engine is hard to re-color, but the usage of orange/gold AND dark green simply doesn't get the job done. I'd suggest using only one colour - the orange/gold will do just fine, I think.

It's a minor thing, but it greatly affects the gameplay (personally I found the K1-blue a bit cold, but calming and soothing while the K2-green was weird and solitude-like-atmosphere-creating). It's the only suggestion I have for you - the rest is not my business and I'm incredibly eager to play this mod.

Good luck!

Now I know this engine is hard to re-color, but the usage of orange/gold AND dark green simply doesn't get the job done. I'd suggest using only one colour - the orange/gold will do just fine, I think.

I understand what you are saying. The orange/gold will be the actual color, the dark green is a product of me testing and experimenting on a way to remove the green. The GUI right now is not complete and I will be later working on changing the green to all Orange/gold.

Um, I think the Force Ghost idea is a liiiiitle too out of hand. The technique a Jedi had to learn in order to preserve their form in the Force in such a way is extremely rare and... for a mundane prick like Vrook, it's not exactly something that he should be attributed to.

The GUI right now is not complete and I will be later working on changing the green to all Orange/gold.

This is a good idea, considering much of the plot will be wrapped about the Republic... give the GUI a Republic-ish feel.

Um, I think the Force Ghost idea is a liiiiitle too out of hand. The technique a Jedi had to learn in order to preserve their form in the Force in such a way is extremely rare and... for a mundane prick like Vrook, it's not exactly something that he should be attributed to.

There's also the fact that Ed Asner has a very distinctive voice. Having that character appear without his original voice just wouldn't do.

i have a question about the game, during the game what interest does revan have in you if any? is it that you are just trying to figure out his past and life and were he has been? and i completely imagine the sith want you dead again =) but why, do they have a reason this time? and is revan the sith lord or is their another can u give me more incite on this plz i read that how the beginning works in the game and ur major quest, but im still confused as if the sith lord is revan or a different character. if it is a different character then were does he come in? and will i actually ever be able to join the sith or will it just be me taking it over if i choose the dark side path? because i truly want a interactive story and gameplay with revan and not just to see him and here his story of what has happend to him i want them both that is jsut me speaking personally though.

i have a question about the game, during the game what interest does revan have in you if any? is it that you are just trying to figure out his past and life and were he has been? and i completely imagine the sith want you dead again =) but why, do they have a reason this time? and is revan the sith lord or is their another can u give me more incite on this plz i read that how the beginning works in the game and ur major quest, but im still confused as if the sith lord is revan or a different character. if it is a different character then were does he come in? and will i actually ever be able to join the sith or will it just be me taking it over if i choose the dark side path? because i truly want a interactive story and gameplay with revan and not just to see him and here his story of what has happend to him i want them both that is jsut me speaking personally though.

wouldn't you rather play it and find out than know beforehand? i know i would.

it seems like you want him to tell you the whole story of the game. That would be a little bit of a downer on the mod if you know everything about it before its even out.

Bah, not everybody follows the creation of mods. However, there are quite the handful more that are actually going to play the mod. If spoilers are revealed to some, it doesn't mean everybody will know. Besides, if the author wants to speak about-it, all he have to do is use the spoiler tag and those that don't want to read about-it will not do.

but im still confused as if the sith lord is revan or a different character. if it is a different character then were does he come in?

wouldn't you rather play it and find out than know beforehand? i know i would.

it seems like you want him to tell you the whole story of the game. That would be a little bit of a downer on the mod if you know everything about it before its even out.

Bah, not everybody follows the creation of mods. However, there are quite the handful more that are actually going to play the mod. If spoilers are revealed to some, it doesn't mean everybody will know. Besides, if the author wants to speak about-it, all he have to do is use the spoiler tag and those that don't want to read about-it will not do.

We've only been revealing the sub-bosses, because we want people to have some surprises when they play the game. Even if we used spoiler tags, there's always the possibility that someone might slip, or give in to a moment's weakness, only to wish that they hadn't spoiled the surprise for themselves. Rest assured though, I've worked long and hard on the big boss' appearance, and I think he looks plenty cool and bad @$$ (plus, I'll still tweak the skins here and there :D). One of my bigger challenges was to make the sub-bosses look good, without looking too similar to the big bad.

Logan is gonna make this experience as interactive as he can, with a lot of personalization relating to the way you played the first two games. His scope is grand, and his resolve is firm ;)

Archived