Home

How you want to go

Ztalker

Hello there...

Although I normally stay away from the Kavar corner (my English isn't good enough to contribute), this is something I have to share..

It's not discuss anything, but quit heavy stuff nonetheless:

Yesterday, I was a guest at the cremation of friend of the family. She died of cancer, far too young and left a terribly sad family behind, with a broken husband an three sons.

But the..memorial service was..beautifull. Her music was played when we entered the room, her son ignited a candle, a story about her life was told and more music was played. It was simply beatifull.

Although the overall feel is sadness, the service itself was very satifying and in some way,

So..my question: have you thought about your own...way to go? The music? The poems? location?

Quite often actually. Granted I've made a few choices in life that many would never consider allowing themselves to take, so preparing for death was a common thing me to do. I probably still have some notes I've written to people in case they'd ever had those ever present questions when someone dies.

As many men in my family have said, "I'll probably never reach 60 anyways", but almost all have surpassed 86, so I won't get to plan that for while

If I was to describe the funeral service I would choose when the day comes:

1. A small group of relatives and friends

2. Ceremony should be held at the funeral home

3. A brief speech by family members

4. Cremation is my way to go

Just a quiet service would be fine with me as well.

I recently had a death in the family also, so I too have put some thought into this, as of late.

Personally, I would really hope that my loved ones would forego any kind of memorial service. If they felt the need to hold one as part of their own grieving process, then that's fine, however if they really wanted to "honor my memory" they would know better than to hold some sort of ceremony to mark my death.

Ideally a few friends and surviving family members would meet to bury my remains and then go for a nice lunch or something afterwards :)

PS: donate all my organs to those that need them and then have me buried under a tree in a cardboard casket.

I’m an organ donor, what left I’ve always told everyone I want to be cremated and flushed. I want my ashes taken to Darrell K Royal- Texas Memorial Stadium and flushed down the toilet.

If there has to be any type of memorial service the only music I want played is “Under the Milky Way” by The Church. I’d rather they just have our normal tailgate party and then flush me at halftime when we normally go to the rest room anyway.

I probably still have some notes I've written to people in case they'd ever had those ever present questions when someone dies.
I’ve written notes to friends and family too. After the death this year of someone like a sister to me, I’ve actually just started telling and showing loved ones what they mean to me. Hopefully, the notes will soon become irrelevant. Although a few I will keep as a final “up yours” to them. :D

I will take cremation or organ donation/research, whichever is more trendier at the time.

But knowing myself, I wouldn't go off without writing a whole autobiography and then a book of instructions with messages for people. If I don't, I will probably wander the land as an evil, malignant spirit from Hell.

Which is awesome.

Id either like to be buried in a cemetary or cremated. Its hard for me to decide. I definitely would like a service.

Anyway I would want to die however much later in life. This is why I want to die when I am around 60 or 70 so I could actually be wanting death instead of dreading it. I think that natural causes is the best way to die in my opinon. Its peaceful, you don't feel a single thing, you don't even know your dead.

Anyway the service could be particular. Just have some sad heavy metal music and some Axel F after the ceremony.

Its peaceful, you don't feel a single thing, you don't even know your dead.

Eh, I don't know about that. Having seen several people experiencing just heart attacks/failure I can assure you not all natural death is peaceful. Infact it's generally filled with lots of exclamations of "****!" and "GOD DAMNIT!", sometimes the pain seems to hit so suddenly that they can't even utter a word.

Dying in your sleep is probably the only peaceful sort of death.

Eh, I don't know about that. Having seen several people experiencing just heart attacks/failure I can assure you not all natural death is peaceful. Infact it's generally filled with lots of exclamations of "****!" and "GOD DAMNIT!", sometimes the pain seems to hit so suddenly that they can't even utter a word.

Dying in your sleep is probably the only peaceful sort of death.

Heart Attacks are more of horrific natural and can be tragic. I wasn't referring to heart attacks however. Since they are to tragic to people since sometimes even people with healthy hearts get them.

Anyway I mean dying naturally as in dying in your sleep, just softly dying awake, dying when your heart just stops in a very painless way and the rest of the body follows in a few milliseconds. Many old people have died this way and it seems very peaceful.

I have thought about it frequintly. I would like to go before I become too much of a burden on my family. Its not easy taking care of an invalid, just watching them waste away. I can not donate any of my organs to anything but science/ Medical research. I can not even donate blood. I guess if they don't find a cure before I go, Science it is. I want a party. Celabrate my life and the good times we shared. A service is for those left behind, but make it fun. Run a 10k for me. Ill dream of the wind in my face.

This is why I want to die when I am around 60 or 70 so I could actually be wanting death instead of dreading it. I think that natural causes is the best way to die in my opinon. Its peaceful, you don't feel a single thing, you don't even know your dead.
I remember saying something like that when I was in high school only I put the age around 30 at the time. I actually believed I would not live past thirty and I was not dreaming of a peaceful death either. In my younger days I took a few chances, I still do only I’m a little more calculating of the dangers now. I’ve been dealing with older parents in the mid-seventies and I will tell you this there is nothing peaceful about death. Watching my real father die at age 65 was not peaceful even in his sleep. He fought for every last breath until the life left his body. Death can be a slow cruel process.

Take all my organs except my skin, fill me up with whatever synthetic stuff available so that I won't look like an empty bag, bury me, plant a tree on top (for me to haunt:p) and have Damien Rice and Chris Carrabba sing sad songs as the coffin is lowered into the ground:P

I'd like to die abruptly, but with a bit of warning. If that makes sense:p

*pokes Totenkopf* No!

I mean, I'd like to have some time to say last goodbyes etc. Eat all my favourite food and just generally savour being alive, because it's never so sweet until you tell yourself that by this time tomorrow, you might be gone.

And if life was a Bioware/Obsidian game, I bet someone would say, "We're going to die tomorrow, let's boink." >.>

*pokes Totenkopf* No!

I mean, I'd like to have some time to say last goodbyes etc. Eat all my favourite food and just generally savour being alive, because it's never so sweet until you tell yourself that by this time tomorrow, you might be gone.

And if life was a Bioware/Obsidian game, I bet someone would say, "We're going to die tomorrow, let's boink." >.>

That's done in real life, actually. Think of wars, dangerous occupations or just opportunistic players. ;)

Archived