Home

Person on YouTube demeaning our hard work (Silveredge and some others)

Ridiculous. But try not to worry too much... <.< ...when people come here looking for 'K3', they will find the truth.

It is disconcerting though. Perhaps there is some forum-y way to hide mod preview content from unregistered users, something like

[ HIDE]

Screenies, links to vids, etc

[ /HIDE]

I don’t know ^.^

Sorry, DJ. If it were me I’d be annoyed and expleting.

Thanks for the heads-up,

~Pap~

OK guys, please watch what you're linking--if it has foul language in it, don't link it here. Keep it civil, too.

We don't want to hide content here--a lot of people find this site and become valued contributing members because of our open and supportive modders and our desire to share our work with others.

I've done what some might think is really harsh, but what Silver would do if he saw it. I flagged it.

I'm not really too concerned, the video itself clearly says "Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge, a Knights of the Old Republic Mod", so anybody with half a brain will know it isn't actually KOTOR3. And if they're interested enough in what they see, a quick Google search would direct them here.

Yay, a random idiot wants attention? I don't see what's thread-worthy about this.

It is disconcerting though. Perhaps there is some forum-y way to hide mod preview content from unregistered users, something like

[ HIDE]

Screenies, links to vids, etc

[ /HIDE]

Inconveniencing hundreds (if not thousands) of guests because one person annoyed a few regulars is silly.

Really - if you post content on the internet you should expect to see it flamed, made fun of, and degraded in whatever other ways there are to be thought of. Beyond how this person has misrepresented some of the mods here (and done a sloppy job at it to boot), I don't see what there is to be upset about.

I'd say ED is quite right. I wouldn't worry about this too much, guys. The putzes that flame you wouldn't look up whether the mods are legit in the first place b/c they likely don't give a damn anyway. Anytime you post on the internet, run an ad (print or tv), or place anything in the public, there'll always be people waiting to trash something.

Well, since I also put my trailer up for Revan's Choice, I've already received comments saying it was a hoax. I didn't know why until yesterday. My mod is getting bad publicity

Because it was included in something else that was an obvious hoax? If anything, seeing the same footage in something actual (with its own thread in Holowan to boot) should clear that up.

On publicity, as YouTube is where all the offal of the internet congregates I wouldn't say you lost much. Anyone with a lick of sense can figure the matter out.

I didn't know why until yesterday. My mod is getting bad publicity, and so is BOS and some other guy in Germany.

See Silveredge's remark.

because a retard is tricking them

Use words for what they actually mean.

its serious

internet-serious-business.jpg

if these people refuse to believe the mods are real, they wont believe mods they make in the future are real,

A visit to Holowan and subsequently KotorFiles would quickly disprove that.

cutting down confidence and motivation.

Of what, to make mods? Doing it for the publicity is a terrible reason.

what do you say to that emperor?

OH YEAH WELL WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT DARTH?

YEAH YOU HEARD ME WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT?

Because it was included in something else that was an obvious hoax? If anything, seeing the same footage in something actual (with its own thread in Holowan to boot) should clear that up.

On publicity, as YouTube is where all the offal of the internet congregates I wouldn't say you lost much. Anyone with a lick of sense can figure the matter out.

Touche. It wasn't exactly a trailer, more of a video to show what the mod is about and what to expect.

No one here has lost anything or have been injured in any way. No one makes any money off of these mods so you haven't lost anything whatsoever. People on the internet can and have said crap about me, my Nemesis, my friends, my enemies, and you know what? WHO CARES?

Are you ever going to meet the idiots who say stupid things? Do they know who you are really? Even if they did, what could they really do to you? Why do you care one bit about what some silly kid you don't know and you'll very likely never meet says about you?

How much meaning does this video really have? Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

How much meaning does this video really have? Nothing. Zilch. Nada.
2v3k1z6.jpg

jae do you dare imply that stuff said on youtube and the internet in general has no meaning? this is a matter of pride, and when some random internet person says something or is wrong, you must take a stand for the sake of the world's justice

Archived