Home

Revan's Flowing Cape & Belt (K1 & TSL)

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget that settoken helped me a lot in this, it wouldn't have been possible without him. I'd prefer to be adressed as 'Master Sithspecter' rather than 'god.' :xp:

I'm going to be able to work out the bugs with the cape and belt fairly easily, it'll just be time consuming to animate 12000 frames with 10 objects. I suspect that it'll take a month to do it right, and not crappy, or more. But it'll be done when it's done :wid:

SS, do you wish to have a Beta tester? Or are you happy to do it just with Settoken?

Right now, it's way too early in development to ask for beta testers. Later on, I may ask one or two folks to test it, but for right now, it's not necessary.

Wow, I didn't know it was even possible for capes the flow in K1. I guess this counts as a revolution of sorts in modding.

I guess it would be the first time, yes. But settoken was the one who figured all this out, I just applied it a bit.

Wow that looks great SS! Hope this gets a release soon!

Don't get your hopes up too high yet. It'll probably be a few weeks before it's all done. Then we'll test it.

Don't get your hopes up too high yet. It'll probably be a few weeks before it's all done. Then we'll test it.

Yeah, I know how this works. I've been around the modding business to know.....*cough*JK3*cough* I think a few weeks is perfect for this sorta thing.

Everything's going smoothly now. I'm not having any problems, and I've got all the animations into the Revan model (not the cape/belt animations, just the default ones) and it's looking to have a very good chance of working. The longest part is going to be animating the belt. The skin turns black everytime I make a change to it, and it's hard to see what I'm doing. Don't worry, I'll post more pics tomorrow.

Be sure to respect the position of the original trimeshes (on the standing neutral posture)

It may explain the skins problem. May be having a try in the skin panel could solve this but I'm not sure.

A lot of things are directly related to the geometry. The move of just a vertice may in some case modify the all skin. Due to the control of parts of the skin by different parts of the trimesh first, and to the UVW mapping in a second time.

I would suggest to save the envelop of the original model and to reload it when you're done with the anims or if this doesn't to try to redo the unwrapping.

hope this helps

PS: the skin just turns black in Max or in K1 to ?

PS: the skin just turns black in Max or in K1 to ?

What happens is the texture is looking fine until I move/rotate/scale it, and then the whole thing goes black until the viewport is changed. No problems in KotOR, it's just in Max. But the weird thing is that it only happens to the legs and belt...

Archived