Home

MM-Poster

Sven_Q45

On 30th May you can buy a MM-poster.

But now you can´t buy it. I think the people were to fast. But interesting, that you can buy it in 2008. And why now? Today LucasArts is too fixed on Star Wars. :rolleyes:

And when is the game aviable again? :lol::D

Oh, sorry I saw it was posted on Mojo yet.

But interesting, that you can buy it in 2008. And why now?

Those posters were available wayyyy back when the game was released. The game included a mail-in order form that allowed you to buy a movie-like poster of the game's cover art. They did this with some of their other games too, including Monkey Island and Fate of Atlantis...probably more, but those are the only other two I've ever seen. Oh, and apparently there also once existed a T-shirt - I wish LucasArts would suddenly start selling that.

Best guess as to why these posters suddenly popped up at the online store: some LucasArts employee probably found a small supply of these while digging in a storage closet or something, and the company decided to try to sell 'em off for some quick money. Judging by how quickly these sold (less than 24 hours, right?) it was an idea that worked out well for them.

Also, what makes you think this is off-topic?

Okay, so new question - who managed to buy one? I did!

I manged to get one as well :) I know a few people who didn't but really wanted to that i hope this works out for. I was also going to get a couple from Lucasarts store directly the next day (for some friend who lived outside their shipping zones)but by then they were gone :( I was sort of hoping that these would sell quick but not so fast that people would be left out.

I keep getting this image in my head of a LA employee digging around in the basement and finding a dusty tube of like 25-30 old posters. (the previous image not being entirely difficult to Indy-afy in your head. Suddenly a large box stuffed so full that it bulges at the sides starts to roll menacingly towards our hero :p )

Im also sort of looking forward to the randomly selected star wars miniatures that should be arriving along with it. Yay for limited time offers :p Everyone who took advantage of that offer be sure to post what minis you got :)

Yesterday I saw this in the LA store:

http://store.lucasarts.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=417830;category_id=100539;pcid1=;pcid2=

I bought it 2 weeks ago. :) And in this store were two one. Good thing I bought the offically book. It´s a little bit bigger and the other one had a few pictures from the movie.

They say this original is better. It´s from a profi action book writer.

It's here! Yay! Wow, that was really fast! And came in a FedEx box that you could've smuggled an immigrant in!

Mine just arrived too (semi-lol as im just in Canada :p )

Im pretty much consistently amazed at how fast FedEx is, i didnt even get a chance to check the tracking number that i had received yesterday :)

The two star-wars minis i received are a stormtrooper and an elite snowtrooper. They seem to be from some sort of a Mini figure/card game.

it actually doesnt say he has 30 anywhere, it just an understandable assumption.

Too be honest though given how quickly they sold out i doubt they even had 25 posters in stock let alone 30. I genuinely think that they just found 15-18 posters in an old box and threw them online.

While i certainly dont agree with the price after i paid just 29.97 for mine (40 or so with shipping) i do understand wanting to recoup the cost of shipping and make a little to make it worth your while. 80 is too much though.

just received my poster too :) (holland, europe)

FedEx is fast ;0

it was really well packed, they knew they were dealing with a valuable item! kudos to LEC store for that!

on a side note: stormtrooper and the evil emperor palpatine

Archived