Home

Who here has a PS3?

Lynk Former

Being LucasForums, it's obvious that everyone here has a PC and that most people in here play PC games . Also, by certain options on the User CP, it's also pretty obvious that there are a lot of people who own a Xbox360... however, the real question is, how many of you own a PS3?

Usually Star Wars and LucasArts fans in general prefer the 360 over the PS3 so I thought I'd ask.

I do have a PS3... though I got mine for free, to be honest if it came down to it and I had to choose which one I'd want to buy first, I'd choose the 360.

I for one have a PS3, and am very pleased with it! The X-Box never really interested me for some reason...

I was a PS2 player before that. Perhaps it was something to do with the GTA franchise being on Sony's console first. I did, however, have the old X-Box for a while - I borrowed it from a cousin to play KotOR and TSL when my computer went down. I played a couple of other games while I had it - Halo and WWF Raw, but I have to say I preferred Killzone and Smackdown!

*prepares to run from hordes of X-Box users...*:xp:

I have a PS3, admittedly though.. I bought it for the Blu-Ray player :o

Funny enough, in even most Blu-Ray reviews, the PS3 is still the better deal (and better picture) rather than a standalone player.

Also, now that I'm in to the Folding@Home project, I've debated on using the PS3 as a secondary folder.. (doesn't really do much more than play movies currently).

I have a few games, but nothing groundbreaking or new for that matter. I think the newest (release wise) game I own is Oblivion, so that's about as recent I am on console gaming. (Oblivion on PC is better anyways for mods, but the PS3 allows me to play without 'temptation' ;) )

Have debated to get Fracture.. but I guess I'm still hoping on a PC version, ornery as I am. :xp:

I have a PS3, admittedly though..
Oh, the humanity ChAiNz has a console. I’ve lost all faith in humanity.

Is it worth it? I’m actually thinking about getting the PS3 for this very reason. I got the 360, but we all know how well that went. Maybe I can put Blu-Ray out of business too.

Oh, the humanity ChAiNz has a console. I’ve lost all faith in humanity.
me too :xp:

Is it worth it?

I couldn't tell you to be honest.

I'm one of the few that bought one not for the obvious reasons so I haven't really pushed it to it's limits. Visually, yeah.. it's stunning.. albeit it carries the curse of controller limitations (I like having 104+ keys & mouse at my whim :D ).

Processing power is a bit overrated however. Sure it runs high-end games fine.. but ran alongside a pc, users would realize that most consoles run these games at what a pc labels 'medium' ratings. Ergo the price console vs pc debates.

A similar built pc to run medium settings would cost no more than a PS3 to be honest. Build a pc like mine currently, and you feed it PS3's.. hehehe. HOWEVER, this isn't the proper thread for such debates so I'll leave it at that.

For what it does, yeah, I'm not at all dissatisfied with it. I can play Blu-Ray, I can play my music, I have internet connectivity (limited) and it offers multi-player options if that's your thing... all from my couch (big bonus). Oh yeah, and play games. :D

If you're not going to use it for more than 2 of the above listed.. stick with 360 as it can do all that and costs less (minus Blu-Ray). :)

One issue the PS3 has which I find extremely funny is its lack of multi-tasking capabilities... for example, if I'm watching a DVD or Bluray movie, I cannot be logged into PSN and all downloads will pause.

You'd think that something with so much power would be able to do a simple thing like that since, well my crappy PC can do it... but apparently not.

As for if the PS3 is worth it... well I wrote an article about that recently: http://www.twilightlynk.com/2008/09/30/ps3-has-no-games-prove-me-wrong/

There are plenty of good and exclusive games for the PS3, I guess you just have to be interested in them to really enjoy it.

I love mine. I still use my PC for games far more than my PS3 though.

Me too - I play GTA IV, TFU and occasionally Assassin's Creed on the PS3, but normally I watch DVDs. I use the PC for gaming more often. Still, the PS3 can deliver and deliver well when I do want to play those games.

Why I didn't chose a 360 at the time was because there weren't too many exclusives that I was interested in and no blu ray player. It's also really shiny. :D

I've always preferred Sony's offerings, from the original PlayStation, to the PS2, the PSP, and now the goliath PS3.

I have a PS3, I bought mine within a couple months of its launch and admittedly at first I was starved for games but things have been looking up lately. Lynk I read and enjoyed your article and as far as Valkyria Chronicles I'm very excited for that game as well, and if you didn't know there is a demo of it available on the EU PSN Store. Knowing you're from Australia I don't really know which store you folks down there have access to, but if you didn't get a chance to try the demo, you might consider it. Ratchet and Clank is a another good exclusive series if you're into that platforming/action-adventure type game. Also LittleBIGPlanet comes out in these next couple weeks and across the board it has been getting outstanding reviews, although admittedly I'm not completely sold on it.

Basically I'm very satisfied with my PS3 at the moment. With this whole "generation" of gaming though I'd have to say that overall I'm fairly disappointed. I hate to beat a dead horse, but the amount of poor games being shoveled into the market is overwhelming, particularly in the FPS genre, but that's another story for another time.

Yeah, I downloaded the demo of Valkyria Chronicles the day it came out and spent many hours playing it and figuring out all the intricacies of the game. Can't wait till the 30th, so getting it as soon as it comes out.

I've tried the demo of Ratchet and Clank and wasn't that big a fan of it but I guess the full game itself would be more fun. I'm still willing to give it a try but it's not on the top of my list. As for LittleBigPlanet, I've been keeping an eye on it and like what I see.

If you liked my article, maybe you should come over to my site some more in the future... I'll be posting up plenty more articles when I get the chance :p

Yeah, I downloaded the demo of Valkyria Chronicles the day it came out and spent many hours playing it and figuring out all the intricacies of the game. Can't wait till the 30th, so getting it as soon as it comes out.

I've tried the demo of Ratchet and Clank and wasn't that big a fan of it but I guess the full game itself would be more fun. I'm still willing to give it a try but it's not on the top of my list. As for LittleBigPlanet, I've been keeping an eye on it and like what I see.

If you liked my article, maybe you should come over to my site some more in the future... I'll be posting up plenty more articles when I get the chance :p

Is the VC demo not awesome :xp: I too have logged a few hours on it, best I've done is getting a B rank and finishing in 2 turns. I'm definitely sold on the game already. The Ratchet demo is what actually sold me on the game, but I can see how it would appeal to some, but not others at the same time. I'll try to frequent your site more often ;).

In the training, all you need to do is use one unit and keep using that one unit while leaving the other two where they are.

With the Skirmish, you take a scout and a machine gunner, you go east-high and bypass all of the enemy units and use your machine gunner to take out any that become a problem. Use the scout to get to the enemy next to the flag, take them out and capture.

Easy, only takes 1 turn.

Archived