Home

The Official Obama debate thread.

jonathan7

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got in an argument with my cousin over who Obama is picking. No wonder Democrats don't win elections. It's not good enough that they won, that they're trying to fix thing, noooo, they have cater to every freaking special interest group that ever backed him. Jeeze, with attitudes like that, Democrats deserve to lose.

• 2 weeks later...

The Economy should (and probably will) be tackled first, and with this reccesion apearing to be a long one, I have less against the keynesian way of doing it than I usually would have. Wether it is compleeted or not will depend a lot on things outside his controll.

Health care and education seems like slow and steady issues, tackled early, finished late (especially health care).

Iraq, since his position on it seems to woble a bit, I think he'll not do terribly much in the begining, hope the good news keep comming, and then alow Iraq to "kick out the Americans" when they feel like it. Again a lot will depend on things outside his controll, but with any luck it'll be done before he leaves office.

What will he compleete first? Americas relations with the world. Admitedly, that is also what he will ruin first (read: bring back to normal levels).

I'd like to change my previous ideas. I still have a slight problem with abortion, but if a girl is raped, then yeah I guess its all right. But I still don't like gay marriage, thats just me . I will support Obama, but would still rather have McCain as Pres. Yeah sure, like I said, we were all pissed off at the Middle Easterns and most of us wanted some payback. I was in Second Grade, so I didn't even realize something was wrong until like a few weeeks later. But I still stick by Bush. Sure the war may seem bad, but I think of it like Vietnam. Vietnam was a military sucess, the VC, although knowing the terrain better, were getting there butts handed to them. but it was all media, they were showing all the bad stuff, instead of the good, just like now. what makes better news, a troop carrier gets blown to bits by a weirdo with a bomb, or a bunch of army engineers restores water and elctricity to a town.

I was in Second Grade, so I didn't even realize something was wrong until like a few weeeks later. But I still stick by Bush. Sure the war may seem bad, but I think of it like Vietnam. Vietnam was a military sucess, the VC, although knowing the terrain better, were getting there butts handed to them. but it was all media, they were showing all the bad stuff, instead of the good, just like now. what makes better news, a troop carrier gets blown to bits by a weirdo with a bomb, or a bunch of army engineers restores water and elctricity to a town.

I think you need more history on Vietnam. If you were in 2nd grade during 9/11 I'm going to wager that you didn't vote in this election, and that means your education is just the basic public school one, and yeah, it's just not good enough.

would still rather have McCain as Pres.

Too bad?

Yeah sure, like I said, we were all pissed off at the Middle Easterns and most of us wanted some payback.

Stop generalising around race or ethnicity, it's as ignorant as it is hateful and wrong. They were not "middle easterners", they were terrorists, regardless of country of origin. And wanting payback has no weight on what should have been done properly. That war was pointless, driven by fear, and therefore should have never been allowed to happen. Saying "we were mad" doesn't make it better.

Like I said, these are my own opinions. I still support our pres, whom ever that may be. And yes, although Vietnam was horrible and pointless, in the end we won most of the battles, its just that the press was bashing the military at every turn. kind of like now. You never hear any good news from the press anyways. And, the terrorists were of Middle Eastern descent, And I am not generalizing. I stated that the men who flew the planes into the twin towers were terrorists who were Middle eastern. Go ahead, keep bashing me, but my opinions are my own.

And no, I have studied these thing with my spare time, Which i have plenty of. SO my education on these thing is more than a basic public schools.

Ender, Web Rider, Adavardes, jmac: Jedi_Man is what, in 9th grade or so? Cut him some slack for not having the same level of life experience and education as you all, and instead of attacking him, share some of what you know and what you've experienced. We all know what it was like when we were in 9th grade, and we all know just how much we've learned since then and how far we had to go to reach maturity. Please also be aware that the brains of younger teens are not fully developed, and they aren't going to have the same reasoning skills that someone in their 20's has. You'll get a lot farther with people if you're educational instead of confrontational. Thanks.

Jae, some of Jedi_Man's comments indicates that he is actually better informed than I would expect from a person his age.

That wasn't my point anyway. People need to remember that we have members with a huge range of ages on this forum, some of whom at age 14 or 15 just don't have enough background knowledge yet to be able to argue with college-level skill. This was something I pointed out to others, anyway. --Jae

Just got in an argument with my cousin over who Obama is picking. No wonder Democrats don't win elections. It's not good enough that they won, that they're trying to fix thing, noooo, they have cater to every freaking special interest group that ever backed him. Jeeze, with attitudes like that, Democrats deserve to lose.

It's what you basically get in what is practically a 1 party system, where the Press is in the tank for that party.

Archived