Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wuold tpye liek this if it weern't for.... Firefox 2.0 and it's little self-contained spell checker.

yeah i usually use it alot. altho i do miss from time to time :3

oh yeah, in a little bit I'm going to get RFH over for some gamage.

I'll make em post.

Hooray for people with no sense of humor or sarcasm!

Concur.

Drive down was uneventful... Beautiful scenery once we got off I-95. Maine in the winter is one of the most naturally photogenic places I've ever been. Had some light snow for the last hour of the drive or so. Overnight tonight could be a different story... Supposed to be getting 10-14 inches of snow before daybreak, so the skiing should be fantastic tomorrow. Fresh Pow Days at Sugarloaf: It doesn't get any better than that.

The condo I'm in has a 32" flat panel with HD cable too, so I'm enjoying some Shipwreck Export and watching the Sprint Cup boys run around Fontana.

Oh, and the T-Mobile SIM cards are working beautifully. Glad I made the right call on providers.

Had another 5 ender last night with my sunday Team that is undefeated. This time it was because of a combination of bad skip calls and missed shots by my opponent. The really kewl part is no ones rocks were closer then 4 feet away from the center.

My team has already started talking about winning the event, and we have about 5 more games to go.. still have a ways to go, and the other undefeated team we face next in 2 weeks

Show yesterday was weird. Easy day though...

Antony and the Johnsons... another indie band that did little for me.

The opener was a dancer/ performance artist who painted herself with fake blood. Made a mess of the stage.

Everybody was really nice, though.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=195980

Everyone download and listen! Tell me how crappy and stoned I sound. :xp:

You indeed sound very crappy and stoned. :dozey:

;P

(Actually, I haven't listened to the whole thing yet... I'm at work, and started getting strange looks from my office mates when I turned off the tunes to listen to game geeks instead. I'll have to wait until I'm home, I guess...)

Dull day at work.

Ate a free lunch though. (Everything left-over from the catering provided for the band the night before.)

Taking tomorrow off to run overdue errands... plus the fact that it looks like I'd be working straight through until late next week if I don't take a day off during the week.

Been there. Done that. Have the t-shirt, slides, and postcards.

:dozey:

I might have to work all next weekend, very long hours, for no extra cash... which is the main reason I'm taking today off while I can.

There are times like that when being on hourly far outweighs being on salary.

Much of the time, being on salary is better... but occasionally you long for "OT after 40..."

ed, I'm actually very interested in what you think, since I know you're a sound guy. It's my job to edit it together so I'd be open to any pointers you could give me to make it better. :)
For the most part it sounds really good... especially considering that nobody was in the same room... or even the same country in a few cases.

My main suggestion would be to get some of the folks a wind screen or pop filter for their mics to kill the thumps or pops on the plosives (usually "P"s...)

You could also use a high-pass filter set at about 150 Hz to kill some of the low-end rumble.

There's a bit of transmission washiness and .mp3 artifacts, but I don't if there's anything you could do about that. It's not a big deal in this case anyhow.

Nice job! :thmbup1:

(P.S. --- Thanks for the XWA shoutout! Though I really hope you bitch-slapped Lynk for injecting that "RSN was first..." ****!!! ;) )

If you have a job at the moment...I STRONGLY suggest holding on to it!

Maybe if you definitely already have something else lined up... but even then... there's no telling when the company you are jumping ship to will close it's doors.

Better to stay where you are, suffer it out, and wait for the inevitable layoff.

Archived