Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Completly ownd at work today.

Started out being asked to stage a load from the freezers, I asked a question that the taskmaster didn't know/remember and knew I needed to know. By asking I saved about an hours worth of work

THen I was given the task to move about 4 truckloads of bulk butter that were scattered about due to our previous freezer problem, and on one load i noticed the case quantities were off. Find out that the idiots on 2nd shift pulled samples and forgot to move the cases in our inventory system. NOrmally this wouldn't be a problem except the same idiots might end up shipping the load short about 200 pounds of butter.

While fixing that problem a co-worker came up to me asking if i could help him find a pallet that he already spent an hour looking for. A quick look from where I was standing and i pointed it out to him where it was.

Then another co-worker was having trouble with the battery changer for all our forklifts, and all i had to do was tighten a loose connection to fix it.

I better get that damn promotion soon, or I am going to start applying to other warehouse for management/supervisor positions.

we had a bomb scare while i was working. i clocked out for lunch, saw what a beautiful day it was, and i have my 40 hours in cause i used 8 on saturday and ended up working it anyways...figured why put myself in that situation...WHEN I'M NOT GETTING PAID FOR IT. apparently 2 suitcases were left in the parking lot, it's probably nothing, but why should i risk my life when i can't do anything to prevent them from potentially exploding?

well, there was nothing in the suitcases...but even so, they could've been decoys made to get customers out of the store, as they let employees back in first...where a real bomb could've been set. that's why i didn't go back after it was over. sent my double instead.

got my tower work as it *should*

in asterisks, cus i think i should get more out of it

AMD Phenom 64 4xCore series 9500 (2.2ghzXcore)

4gb DDR2 1066mhz dual chan (2x2gb)

nvidia GF9400 GT 1gb ddr2 pci-e

nvidia GF8300 (inbedded) Hybred SLI support

ASUS M3N78 PRO

If you are a friend of mine on LJ or facebook you probably saw this picture

deathhead.jpg

I bought a bottle of Crystal head vodka... awesome bottle that fits well next to my Death's pass vodka

Is that the pic you use on the dating websites, too? ;P

:joy:

Did something different in bowling today: duckpins. The game is very different from familiar tenpins, so it was interesting to me to see how well my tenpin skills translated to the ducks. I didn't do all that well, but I did have my moments, including a tenpin-like pickup of the single 10 pin for a spare. :D

Archived