Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boulevard(who makes a stout that whoops guiness' ass), Schafly, Leinenkugel(berryweiss doensnt count) all make great beer at great prices are midwest brewed :)

Anchor out in SF makes some great beer, including Liberty Ale, which is not that bland for an Ale(ales are typically pretty bland and blah, especially from the UK).

Near KK the Capitol Brewery makes a few kick ass beers that I am pleased to say have become available down here KK, although they are ~9/6pack :(

Goose Island in Chicago makes alot of GREAT beers.

I generally naviagte towards India Pale Ales(single and double), bitters, and hefe and full weiss beers.

IPA's are hoppy and bitter, bitters are bitter, and the weiss are generally milder in hop content. the better variations of all 3 tend to be crisp and not leave the lingering dirt in the mouth flavor that a budweiser will give you.

At least you got a Job Gunner... i think that is many peoples mantra's these days.

Capital brewery is good... but not great. For local breweries I prefer Furthermore, Lake Louie, New Glarus Brewery.

But the best beer? For me it is Sam Smith's Imperial Stout (Imported) it has a nice subtle chocolate flavor pitch black with a nice brown head, smooth, and is 7% ABV

New Glarus uses primarily Barely and wheat malt, with some corn. Tho sadly the ones I listed are all microbreweries. Tho often you can find thier Spotted cow on tap at many bars in the area

Except for berghoff, i don't really care for Mass produced beer in the US

had a chat with that girl i met on that dating site. she seems alright...only downside is she's 90 minutes away. opposite direction im used to travelling that far...

gonna just chat for a few weeks and get to know her before i make a move.

thanks for giving me your colds! i got a sore throat. did the cayenne pepper shot and it didn't work, then again...i ate afterward so the pepper didn't set long enough i guess.

someone knocked on my door this morning, i didn't answer it. wonder who it was...probably jehova's witness or some other crazy.

put the rent in the mail...hope they don't mind getting cash, cause last time it took forever for the check to clear.

still, going out tonight. gonna have a fun time. :)

Couple more people got fired at work today. That brings the total to 5. Might be one more.. tho thankfully it won't be me. Real scary when you have less then 30 employees total.

sad to say, they won't be missed. One guy dumped about 3 pallets of Bulk butter last night, and like several other accidents never admitted to any fault of his own (even tho it was obvious). The other guy if he wasn't given any direction would just wander around aimlessly and even leave people he was working at a momments notice to take break. Kinda sad that for the 2nd guy tomorrow was his birthday

Archived