Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

I had quit looking when I met my wife, not forever, just temporarily becuase a few ****ty LTR's had me fed the F up.

I gave up on matching religious views. Too many crazies. Seems like the women at church were either just there because they felt they should go to churh, and believed nothing, or were 'in love with jesus' to a point that sickened me.

It makes things more...interesting, dating a 'heathen'. Just find someone you can mostly get along with that visually stimulates you, because ugh, thats pretty rare right there, let alone someone you can get along with, that shares X amount of views with you, generally leads to marrying a woman that either reminds everyone of you, or reminds them of your mother!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was engaged once. Yeah, you guys remember that? That was pretty damned impressive, given the luck streak around here.

That **** devastated me. It also taught me that somethings aren't ment to be. Looking back, towards the end it was kinda forced. I mean, oce we REALLY, and I mean really got to know eachother, we shared no common views on..... pretty much everything that matters to us. It was better that it never happened, because we probably woulda been divorced in a year.

And I'd be a hell of alot more broke than I am now! :D

Sometimes **** happens for a reason. You really can never know that reason until you get some distance and take a look back. It sucks sometimes, and it definatley hurts, but sometimes man, it's totally for the best.

And to truely find someone that 100% shares your views and beliefs.... man, I have to give you severe props for goin' that route. Note to bash ya, but that's gonna be very hard.... especially in this day and age.

ED: I'm in the same boat you are dude. Self-Sufficiant Independant women=win. Too bad ya can't get one.... >.<

Yeah... seems like an instinct that flies in the face of species reproduction. :dozey:

Still... I can't seem to change what I'm attracted to... so I'll have to just keep trying.

Felt lousy all day. My sore throat morphed into the sinus infection from hell. Feels like a bowling ball lodged behind my eyes.

Sneezing about 50 times an hour. And a constant stream of water dripping from the end of my nose.

Watched "Hancock" when I got home. Cute... though not amazing. Glad I didn't pay to see it, but it wasn't terrible.

Early morning meeting. Off to bed.

thats one way to look at it, and its a pretty stupid way to look at it.

sure, but if they were in the same location...

either way, there's millions of women in the world, you just have to be at the right place at the right time to meet the right woman.

this is how i feel about relationships:

633495124024041000-relationships.jpg

I don't know any girls that I'd consider dating, even the ones that are taken. I don't think I'll find any around here before I leave. There was only 1 girl so far that I wanted to go out with, but it was against company policy to pursue it, and she's not longer an assistant manager, and she moved to Connecticut.

As far as right now I'm not too worried about not having a girlfriend, etc. I'm going to be leaving for the army soon, so I'd like to be able to check out the chicks that I'll be serving with, as well as the ones outside whatever fort I'll be stationed at. Like I said before in a post a while ago maybe? there's not a nice girls up here, most of the nice ones all get married straight out of high school, and the leftovers go out with scumbags.

I'm looking for a girl that doesn't want to have kids. That right there probably just kills all potential long term relationships for me. Not saying I wouldn't consider it, I'm just not ready to settle down and start a family, and I don't think I ever will be.

Keyan... she was playing the field. But having to compete with another guy is nothing more then to let you both lose. Unless you were going steady, you should have still been looking.

Well, if I had met someone else who met even the basic criteria, that would have been possible, but there just aren't that many people like that in the world. It took me six years to find just the one, and I don't know if I will ever find another.

why didn't you propose to her, if you were so sure?

even so, everything happens for a reason, right? :)

cheer up, in the future, a nice girl will come your way and you'll be everything to her.

Maybe it's not in God's plan for you to have a relationship just yet, perhaps He's getting her ready to meet you?

That's why I gave up looking. I think God has other plans for my life, going back into the army, I strongly believe, is one of those plans. Why else would I have this annoying desire to go back that I couldn't get out of my system no matter how much I tried? I can't explain it in words, so I'm just telling myself that it's God's calling for me.

It was better that it never happened, because we probably woulda been divorced in a year. And I'd be a hell of alot more broke than I am now! :D Sometimes **** happens for a reason. You really can never know that reason until you get some distance and take a look back. It sucks sometimes, and it definatley hurts, but sometimes man, it's totally for the best.
Same story was here, Cmdr.. But shouldn't we look for some guidelines for this. I am pretty sure there are some, but we never pay attention to these, blinded by emotions and instincts?

Rogue15, you better be based in Annapolis, man. I will come to see you ;)

Being packed on the subway car with at least 2,000 of my closest friends reminded me why I almost never travel at this time of day. Not a lot of fun... especially when you feel like crap.

Adding insult-to-injury to that: I was squashed right next to a couple who define the textbook example of "Get a room you two!" Ugh. I don't mind the occasional "public display of affection"... but there are limits. Especially when I'm so close that I really can't move away to give you any privacy.

So please wait until the crowded train stops to 'get busy'... or at the very least ask me if I want in. :dozey:

She was cute (but clingy, doing the "girlfriend dance" the entire time...) and he looked like a total douchebag... The kind of guy you really hate to see a cute girl end up with.

I really wanted to break out a fire hose to cool them off and separate them.

Talk about uncomfortable moring commutes... :rolleyes:

why didn't you propose to her, if you were so sure?

I never made a formal proposal because of the situation, but I made clear my desire to marry her.

even so, everything happens for a reason, right? :)

Not always.

Maybe it's not in God's plan for you to have a relationship just yet, perhaps He's getting her ready to meet you?

Perhaps.

Same story was here, Cmdr.. But shouldn't we look for some guidelines for this. I am pretty sure there are some, but we never pay attention to these, blinded by emotions and instincts?

Rogue15, you better be based in Annapolis, man. I will come to see you ;)

I don't think the Army stations many soldiers at the Naval Base....

just make sure you check the goods first

especially check under the hood. you dont want any 'hidden' problems that could come up later :p

yeah....make sure she's not bipolar!

work today was alright....me and my friend booked a place in ocean city, maryland, 2 nights, thursday through saturday it just better not rain the whole time.

yeah i know...:( spent the last hour balancing my bills and ****.

i need front tires on my car, hoping the place i got them for cheap last time has some used ones they can throw on for less than $100...(mine are balled which ****ing sucks) all i need is 2 front tires, the rear ones are fine.

I stopped caring about or chasing girls. After that week where I decided to not care what anyone thought and I asked eight girls out in two days...well that didnt work out so great and to cap that wonderful 48 hours Penn State lost the Rose Bowl and I punched a tree.

keyan, i suggest you go back to school and find some chick who is looking to get her MRS degree. :)

If I could manage to do that without actually going back to school...

Anyway, I called her tonight. She texted me back saying she couldn't talk because her dad just had some kind of oral surgery, but I could e-mail her if I wanted. She seemed happy to hear from me, and though I wouldn't read anything into that, at least it means she isn't going to take the cold shoulder route. I said that was OK, sorry to hear about her dad, she could just call me tomorrow. She texted back some more details about her dad and asked what it was about. I replied and just said it was a couple of things, and just wanted to catch up a little. I sent that one pretty late, so I imagine she was already in bed when I did.

So I wasn't able to verify the engagement, but at least she wasn't being cold toward me. Hopefully I can get her on the phone tomorrow.

Archived