Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

So there was a bit of Drama Monday/Tuesday at work. Things have settled down and I feel comfortable talking about it.

Monday was BUSY. My normal workday usually invovles Picking orders, or putting away inbounds. Typically I move around 120-150 pallets a day. One of the other "Lift operators" called in, and it was up to me to put everything away. WE had a total of 12 incbounds that day. Each inbound averaged about 15-20 pallets.

I put away all inbounds but one. My supervisors, and managers all were giving me compliments on doing such a good job.

That night, the third shift (two people) was to put away an inbound railcar (50-75 pallets) and get an outbound railcar ready (would take about 2 man hoursor work) instead Tuesday morning we find that all the Outbound orders are picked, except a "Freezer" order that has a 10am pick-up. Basically 3rd shift decided to do all the easy Cooler orders for the next afternoon, and leave the MORNING order for me to start the day off with. I was not pleased, none of my Managers and supervisors were pleased either.

It took me about 6 hours before i calmed down enough to be normal again. I had visions of confronting the offending 3rd shift worker who decides to do the easy work that he wants to do and damns everyone else. Often the confrontations would lead to him being insulted enough to throw a punch at me and I would knock the stuffing out of him in self-defense.

what really sucks is all I can do is complain. what good would be a 2 weeks notice if I couldn't find another job that pays as well, not to mention is less then 2 miles from where I live and I have highest seniority.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there anything about your job (other than getting paid) that you like? if the answer is no, quit...

there are plenty of other jobs out there, they just don't pay well or give full-time hours (35-40) so you might need to get 2 or 3 to make up for the loss.

toss the coin if you're unsure on something, it helped me in the past...NOT.

:p good luck with the actress.

Optimism never killed anyone.

Eh... I'm still leaning towards calling it a day with this right now... but at least this encounter gave me an opportunity to message her with a "Hey! Funny running into you tonight... I was just thinking about you..." message.

We'll see if she responds to that, and just how I feel about things when/if I get a response.

She did invite me to a party that's happening Saturday (that I can't make since I'm working.)

But if I feel at all positive about any reply I get, I'll make another (one last) push for meeting for dinner sometime. Otherwise, I'll probably let it drop.

I asked her out to dinner once a while back, and she didn't say no... but she also hasn't made any time to fit it in either.

Problem is: She admits to having a lot of guys pressuring her for dates (and probably more, apparently.) And she obviously doesn't like it.

I really don't want to become just another of the long list of creeps and jerks she has to deal with who uses every available chance to say to her: "So how about that date now, huh? Huh? HUH?"

I've been trying to find that delicate balance of showing that I'm still interested and friendly, without getting obnoxious about it.

Too much money... an extra $400+ for an easy, easy day.

Besides: She has already responded, and suggested having another party the week after, for my birthday, which is on the 27th.

I'll see what I can arrange.

It's true. She's engaged. I wish I could die.

That really sucks, I'm very sorry, man. :(

You seem like a pretty good person, you go to church and from your posts you seem to be a pretty cool guy, so never say you weren't 'good enough'. Just say it just wasn't meant to be, and leave it at that. :)

Be happy and grateful for what you do have, I'm sure there is a woman out there for you that is praying to meet you. And you will meet her at the right moment, time, and everything will fall into place for you. :)

I know there's one out there for me, somewhere...I'm not too worried about finding her, God will intervene someday, I know for sure, cause my parents have been praying for a nice woman for me for a very long time, so I say to myself 'why should I waste my time looking and finding all the wrong women, if God knows me, He has the perfect one picked out for me!' and He will bring her to me when the time is right.

I hope you feel better, man.

Man that Sucks Keyan. Frankly she wouldn't have been worth it if she couldn't quickly level with you and had to play this game with you. Frankly i think you dodged the bullet on this one.

I am not going to sugar coat this experience like r15 did, but I hope you can rise above the pain and loss you feel or at least have it dulled enough to go on

Sorry to hear that, Keyan... I doubt any of us will ever find the words to make you feel any better about it.

Keep in mind that time heals all wounds, though.

Did sound for a couple of Pakistani pop bands last night. It was almost as awesome as it sounds. :dozey:

And 15... I'm not sure if she likes me (well, I know she likes me at least as a friend...) or is just looking for any excuse to party down.

We'll see what happens...

I am not going to sugar coat this experience like r15 did

Sorry, I don't think I sugar coated anything.

Being optimistic and hopeful is more healthy than self-pity and being depressed about stuff you have no real control over.

Thanks, guys. Honestly, yesterday was the worst day of my entire life. And today isn't far behind. I've lost girls before, but never one like this, and never forever, to marriage. Well, they aren't married yet, but they will be. I really had to pry this out of her, too. She didn't say a word about it until I explicitly asked her if she was, and she would never have said a word about it if I didn't. She said she was afraid I might say something negative about it, so she saw no reason to call me. I just can't believe this.

keyan, would you really want to be with someone who is this dishonest with you? people don't change a whole lot, even after marriage.

Women don't always think logically; they are frequently ruled by their emotions, and I'm sure she didn't see this as dishonesty, just avoiding a situation that was better avoided.

god i wonder why i still post here

I mean, ffs, this thread has turned into 'omfg that girl whom I wanted never came' 'my gf went and dumped-me/went-crazy/dumped-me-again/went-insane/etc'

the only thing good happened today, is that someone came by and took the old composter that i took to the road last night and the garbagemen didnt take it

other then that I bought a couple packs of smokes.

I really can't speak for anyone else, but talking about work only goes so far. It's boring... but that's really all I have going on right now.

My office ceiling has developed a leak. The guys clomping around on the roof have obviously shook something loose.

There's a big stain spreading on the carpet... bound to only get worse the more it rains.

See? Enthralling... no?

I've been actually very quiet about my various emotional turmoils lately, actually. There's far more I could post that I've left out.

I've also been trying very hard to not be the top poster in this year's thread by a factor of 3 (or more) like in years past. Let some others hog the spotlight and keep it alive for a change.

Dunno if I've been successful or not... haven't looked at the numbers lately.

EDIT:

15 is actually ahead of me in the thread this year by several posts. Zarg is running a not-too-distant 3rd.

Very good.

ONe of the things i [ Sarcasum ] love [ /sarcasum] about my job is haivng to spend the first few hours each day fixing 2nd or 3rd shift's screw ups. Today's was a doozy

THere is a guy on 3rd shift who quit because he didn't want to work weekends (When most of us were doing 60 hour work weeks) then came back begging for a job. SOmehow sweet talked managment into letting him run 3rd shift (A job I applied for, got, and was taken away). Granted 'running' 3rd shift amounts to following a priority list, and working with one other person.

Well, last night he was asked to start loading a railcar with Totes of peas. WIthout getting technical, he started loading it about as wrong as you possibly could. Trashing 4 totes (and making peas spill out) The way he was loading the car all the product would have never fit and the WHOLE car would have to be reloaded. It took another guy and myself 3 hours to fix and clean up the mess that took him 2 hours to make. Which included reloading half of the product he already loaded.

It was a very happea day.

Women don't always think logically; they are are frequently ruled by their emotions, and I'm sure she didn't see this as dishonesty, just avoiding a situation that was better avoided.
You need some time to be able to look at this from a distance, Keyan. I believe it is for good. My fiancee moved to other side of the planet (wow, this is Maryland, by the way) to study for Masters degree. We didn't even say anything to each-other, but clearly felt there is some link between us. She called me as soon as arrived there (sign) and we were in a very close contact through phone and then internet all these time... Speaking shortly, thanks God, we are getting married soon. And having a heartbraking experience in the past now I am really glad that that relatioanship ended with a failure. So, everything is for good. Don't take much on your shoulders. The relationship should be well balanced, otherwise somebody will be killed under its weight :)

Archived