Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THings looking good with the ladies!

Kara - Last I heard she was sick... no idea

K1- Met her Saturday for Tea. Seemed kinda boring most exciting thing she did this year was look at 40 Condos. Probably not going ot work out

K2- Going to see her in LaCrosse Saturday, and spend the night up there.

E- Found out we go to the Same church Synod. Going to have dinner with her meeting her halfway on Friday.

Co-worker is going to great America Sunday, and invited me along. Which means going from LaCrosse to Gurnee, IL which is a 4 1/2 hour drive... no idea if I am going or not.

The one nice thing about living in a small state: It rarely takes more than an hour (at highway speeds w/ little traffic that is...) to get ANYWHERE in Massachusetts.

More than an hour of driving, and generally you find yourself in another state.

/me glances at Cracken and R15

1 hour?

i wish i had that luxury...

anywho

went to town court

that was fun.

pled guilty to my speeding ticket. I dont want to deal with bs

but still, there goes 175 smackeroos

The one nice thing about living in a small state: It rarely takes more than an hour (at highway speeds w/ little traffic that is...) to get ANYWHERE in Massachusetts.

More than an hour of driving, and generally you find yourself in another state.

unless you are near the airport, then the hour of driving means you moved 15 feet......

Well... I did say "no traffic"... :p

(I can often walk faster than it takes to drive in and out of the city... which is why 90% of my commutes are by subway.)

But on one of the major freeways on a clear day... except for maybe the tip of the Cape or Springfield, everywhere is about an hour or less away.

A 4 1/2 hour drive like Kinnison described could put you a good distance into almost any state in the Northeast from here... or Canada if you drive due North.

only time I've been there with little traffic was at midnight LD

yeah well, we call your piddly east coast states 'big counties' round these parts, save for PA probably.

You can drive 5 hours south from chicago and still technically be in IL

it sux

i wouldn't even attempt to drive in traffic like that. In those situations, I'm better off walking or taking a cab.

not really an option when your starting point and/or destination are hours away from the city in question

I bowled in a tournament last weekend, only my second tournament since my return to the game. I missed the cut, but only by 22 pins, which was a lot better than I did in my debut in the tournament last August, so I must say that I'm encouraged. :D

not really an option when your starting point and/or destination are hours away from the city in question

well in that case i would just find the nearest parking garage on the outskirts of the city.

i think band of brothers disc 1 is in the mail today.

people decided to put a freakin soccer goal thing over at the high school track....little kids are there and well the ball always goes out of bounds....it's so ****ing annoying!!!!!!!!!

i need to go put gas in my car cause it's below e. sucks cause the nearest gas station is a rip-off by 10 cents.

i have off of work today and tomorrow.

:rolleyes:

let me spell this out for you very clearly.

Sometimes, a major city sits directly in the path to your destination and the time taken to go around it takes more time than getting stuck in their ****ty ass traffic therefore it just really can't be avoided.

but yeah

when I go from home to like, Milwaukee

I go to Rockford then over to Milwaukee going all the way around chicago

but the nearer northside where my moms parents are, we dont have much of a choice :(

Slow day at work.

Left early; came home and did a few things around the house; took a nap. Just got back up.

A couple of weird things happened on my commutes. I won't go into to too much detail... but there must have been something in the air today (or maybe the eclipse was having an effect...) making people act unusual.

Archived