Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never been a big fan of "everything happens for a good reason" and "you will be far better off" kind of talk...

I agree. That kind of talk is nonsense.

but if she was really so willing to start playing the field after being apart a while, especially knowing that you were back there striving to keep the fires burning... then perhaps it may not have even have helped had the 2 of you been separated. It may have just taken longer to happen had you stayed in each other's presence. Maybe it was only a matter of time before she began looking.

No, I don't think so. I think she moved with her family and started meeting new people and having new experiences and met a guy who she really liked who had the unatainability factor, because he was going to study to be a priest. There's also the fact that she never had a real, local boyfriend who was there with her before, so I'm sure that made things seem all the more magical :rolleyes: Now, what could have inspired him to ask her to marry him after dating for only six weeks, I don't know. Men normally have a little more prudence than that. But perhaps he never had a girlfriend before. I don't know. But it does seem likely to me that it was at least in part a reaction to leaving the seminary. That does happen. It's like any rebound relationship - something doesn't work, so you try to fill the gap with something. And sometimes after leaving the seminary there is an air of failure and letting down family expectations. My great uncle quit the seminary and got married very fast, and it was a complete disaster. I just hope that if it IS that, that things break up before they actually get married, because this is something that can ruin lives.

I have to watch myself on this matter too. There seems to be another girl who is interested in me now, and I really need to think about whether that would be a rebound situation for me. Because it could be that, as great as the last girl is, the seminarian is using her (not on purpose, of course), because things didn't work out for him. I don't want to fall into the same trap and use somebody just to fill an emotional void in me. Of course, I also wouldn't want the sour taste in my mouth from this breakup to make me not give someone a chance. I guess I've got some thinking to do, especially considering this would be long distance as well.

You also don't really know what kind of influence her friends and family where she is were putting on her.

I'm pretty sure I do know, and this was all her doing. Her family didn't even know about him until recently. And I know her mom thought highly of me, anyway.

I have to watch myself on this matter too. There seems to be another girl who is interested in me now, and I really need to think about whether that would be a rebound situation for me. Because it could be that, as great as the last girl is, the seminarian is using her (not on purpose, of course), because things didn't work out for him. I don't want to fall into the same trap and use somebody just to fill an emotional void in me. Of course, I also wouldn't want the sour taste in my mouth from this breakup to make me not give someone a chance. I guess I've got some thinking to do, especially considering this would be long distance as well.
For what it's worth, I say: Get to know this new person a bit... but take it very slow and casual. Don't make it seem serious and exclusive, or put any pressure (on either of you) to immediately make it more.

She might not be "the one"... but you won't know until actually you look into it. Just getting to know someone new never hurts. And it might help get get your mind in a better place just relating to someone else again.

That's kinda where I am with my actress friend right now: at this point, I doubt I will ever really end up with her... but spending this time with her has definitely helped my self-confidence, helped start to heal a lot of old wounds, and got me thinking about being back in the game. In that way: I don't think it has been time wasted.

It's been a long, long time since any single, non blood-relative female has tolerated my presence and attention to this extent (without committing some brutally humiliating public rejection smackdown on me long before this point, that is...); let alone seemed to actually want me around,.. ESPECIALLY on an (occasionally) one-to-one basis.

Getting to know someone new could help... as long as you don't rush into trying to turn it into a remake of your last relationship.

Just watched the first terminator movie for the first time. :D

Seriously? That's a great movie.

ed: Yeah...I guess. I also need to think about whether or not I'm willing to put up with long distance again, and the risks there. On one hand, I've had no luck finding the kind of person I want locally, but on the other hand, well, look what happened last time. I know, no matter how magnificent I am (:rolleyes:), I can't compete with someone who is there. This new girl is very pretty, and I have no doubt the competition would be stiff. She also claims she has had no luck locally...but then again, so did the last girl. Which I guess was true until she moved. I don't know. We'll see, I guess.

Well... see if you can just be friends with her first. There's no guarantee you'll even click that way once you get to know each other better.

Worry about the rest if that happens.

Even if you don't click, you could have a good time just getting to know her, and it could take your mind off the current situation.

The one girl in my life that I ever saw more than a small handful of times lived in another state. (Some mutual friends set us up.) We saw each other off and on over a couple of years. It never got serious. (I was trying to start a music career, and didn't want to commit or be tied down, and had only lousy-paying part-time jobs to support me. I don't think I even had my own car at that point... I may have been thinking about, or had just started college around that time...)

It only officially ended (well, in my mind anyway,.. she must have ended it in hers long before that I guess...) when she told me she had gotten married.

This was a long time ago... long before cheap long-distance calling, email, IM, Skype, and webcams. It was mostly letter writing.

Looks like some XWA.netters are started to get things right with the alien race often called 'the opposite sex'

@keyan: I am at least glad you are out of your slump with the other one, but I am also worried you are on the "Rebound". But I wish you all the luck.

@Ed: Sorry to say it ed, but if she is picking things off your plate and you don't mind (and you picked some off hers) You might just be an item.

As for me... I have never had a relationship that has "Clicked" like the one I am in now. Definatly not love at first sight, but we are finding we are quite compatible. And also even tho we only had one big date, and talked a lot on the phone, we are comfortable. We both hinted on the phone about traveling together, having kids. And even tiptoed around the issue of intimacy with the agreement we want to take it slow and build a foundation on our relationship first. I don't want to say too much on a public forum (Even if obscure)

I don't think it is "Love" in the Greek sense of Agape yet... it really cannot be. THere is of course.. naturally the passionate type of love Eros but that is not something that can be used to build our foundation.

The hard part for me, is this is one of the first times I have been mature enough, and stable enough to resist the Eros type in order to seek Agape

oh and yes... I would be willing to move to La Crosse from Madison to be with her... but that is a few months away

You might just be an item.

I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch... but we are obviously getting comfortable in each other's presence.

It's still a very long way from a torrid romance... but we'll see.

Her moving back to her old building 5 minutes away from me gives me some renewed hope, however. If nothing else, it will make for far more "bumping into each other on the subway or around town" meetings.

I'm glad to see things are looking up for you as well. :)

I've only seen Judgement Day. I've never seen Rise of the Machines or Salvation or The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Was at a family reunion today. It was better than the last 2 i ended up going to. (dramatic fights FTL) i discovered i have a ton of 4th cousins. lol. basically chilled with my sis and future bro-in-law cause they were being anti-social (not enough immediate family members there, most just great aunt/uncle and 2nd cousins and ********) i think we had a good time though.

**** the lemons,.. and use yellow-painted frag grenades instead. :dozey:

:joy:

Had dinner and saw a play with 'M.' tonight. This was a very LARGE group thing of hers, so it wasn't easy to have any one-on-one. If fact, we barely spent any time together at all.

I did get to socialize with many of the members of the troupe, however... and that was OK. :)

I also started looking at a few of the other 'potentials' in this group. Not seriously... but just trying to get a feel for what might also be available around me.

I've pretty much decided that if things haven't moved along in any measurable way by the end of August, I'll probably just finally conclude that it's never likely to.

I'm not exactly throwing in the towel forever, (I'll always try to keep at least a toe in the door, just in case, at least until all hope gets shattered, anyway...) but consciously focusing my energies elsewhere.

I had to bail out before the aftershow party really got going, though: I took the subway in, and nobody else was heading my way. Hung out for a bit... but peeled off as they were all heading for another bar. Didn't feel up to an epic all night bash anyway. Didn't sleep so great last night (as you may be able to tell from the 3:30 am time-stamp from one of my posts yesterday...) and I have a ****-load of projects around the house lined up for tomorrow.

The play was good. Really well done, especially production wise. The stories were a little weird (all by a Japanese writer...) but I was able to follow them, and all the actors were very good.

heh just read what happened with me last year...

got all ****ed up tonight. the girl obviously isn't interested in me, go figure. (we hung out tho and went to a club w/buncha friends and then went to dennys where i just ****in was like 'hey i think i like you' meh wtf ever i doubt anything will come of that.)

think i'll call off work i gotta be in in 2 and a half ****ing hours and i'm only running on 3 hours sleep since thursday morning. im just too ****ing tired to deal with it and when i went in to get my friends my one coworker friend commented that i have no life, etc and i better not call off, etc. well for that no life comment im gonna ****in call off. i flipped coin for it, heads was go the **** in, tails was call the **** off. tails landed so that's what it'll be. i haven't called off in like forever. i did have like 2 kamikaze drinks so i was a little ****ed up but i recovered fast. im depressed again i think im gonna cancel my swg subscriptions and retire from the computer screen for the summer and go out and get a better job, a girlfriend, and a apartment. **** walmart. besides, once that coworker transfers out of the department, it's going to suck for me because i'll be the one picking up all the slack and dealing with all the customers. customers dont bother me it's when people don't help them and consistantly ignore the counter that bothers me to no end.

i know im gonna get alot of **** for calling off but at this point im like going to sleep all ****ing day and then draw a plan up on what i want to do to finish off the year...maybe i'll go put in applications to places. i dunno.

think i'll shave my head later...

wish i had some hardcore illegal narcotics....or wish i was into that kinda thing cause right about now.....sounds good.

heh, still...good times. that girl was the first one i ever asked out. rejection ftw. lol and my mom gave me ******** for not going to last year's family reunion. hehe

well i went out to go running today and notice ANOTHER key-scratch across the driver's side of my car. My friend i go running with says he thinks it's my ex, but thing is, she doesn't live where she does anymore (haven't seen her car there in a month)...it's either her or some kids, but kids with keys? it's kind of creepy.

i ran today: my time was 18:32, which is 16 seconds faster than on friday and yesterday i ate so much that it's surprising i was able to run that fast today, and beat my time by that much! i'm gonna go again tomorrow before i have work. i hope i can keep cutting my time down.

Did a few things around the house before going over a friend's house for a cookout.

After the cookout we went bowling. My best game was about 120. Not great... but considering it's been years since I've done any bowling (and more than a decade since I've done anything other than Candlepin) I thought it was OK.

My friend broke 170 on his first game. He was on fire.

I came in second (out of 4) every game. Not amazing... but I feel it's a respectable showing for someone as horribly rusty as I am.

Yeah... it was good fun. Especially since we went in Dorchester, which isn't exactly "the Hood"... but it's damn close.

It made for some interesting people watching, anyway... :)

It was a bit uncomfortable over my buddy's house, so it was good for us all to get away to another venue.

(He and his wife are all but separated, but she hasn't moved out yet. She was there, and it was kinda tricky playing it casual about the whole thing. Maybe worse for me than the others... since she is the one who introduced me to my actress friend, and she kept asking questions about how things are going.)

Archived