Home

Octuplet Mother Should Receive NOTHING from Taxpayers for her Foolish Nature

Darth_Yuthura

Okay, this has been really agitating me because this is just raw selfishness, foolishness, stupidity, recklessness, and a lot of other descriptions that go with it. How could an unemployed single mother with six children POSSIBLY think she can provide for eight more?! She has spoken about contracts, sponsors, and publishers providing her money... problem is that no one is interested. She's doomed herself and a lot of others to shoulder the burden of all those children that she can't support even if she worked every waking hour she had.

I just despise how this woman could make such an obviously bad choice when she allowed all eight embryos within her womb to mature. She also talks to the public, always asking for donations... Why? Anyone could have that many children through artificial means, so what's so fabulous about her story? If she has money troubles, I think that she must bear responsibility alone because she made the choice that put her in such a bad financial situation in the first place.

What do others think of this?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Asking for money, most likely knowing full well she wouldn't be able to provide for them, is just plain retarded. And I thought see was retarded for having the 8 embryos implanted in the first place. Add to that six other kids, she is below retarded.

The problem will be that once she gets out of the hospital, she's already got upwards of a hundred thousand dollars in bills to support the intensive care of the infants. Odds are that she will have to put the children up for adoption, but that she must pay for her hospital stay. She thinks she'll just get through it all at some point, but she forgets interest is compounded and builds up. Costs rise for raising the children she does have and a bunch of other expenses she seems to ignore. She receives food stamps from taxpayers and thinks that it's nothing because it's just food and not money.

Those procedures are expensive. It would make sense to place two or three to enhance the chances of success, but increasing the potential number to EIGHT. That's horrid, especially since she's already had more than she could handle in the first place.

I think that reproduction should be enforced upon people when they deliberately have more than two or three children. Once they do, tax breaks, aid, and food stamps should be restricted only up to two or three children. The only exceptions would be natural triplets, or greater in a single pregnancy.

I agree... I also think she should have to pay back the taxpayers for those collagen injections in that filthy-whore-mouth of hers. </family guy>.

Everytime I see that brood mare on tv I want to reach through it and throttle her til I feel better. Wont do a bit of good, but Id sure feel relieved. lol

While I agree that she should have either aborted the procedure or put up a few of them for adoption, I need to throw up a side note: artificial insemination or embryo implantation is by no means a guarantee of conception. When they perform the procedure, they don't just put one embryo in there. They put dozens, possibly even hundreds in there. The doctor didn't breach any sort of ethical barriers with the number of embryos he implanted, necessarily. Whether or not he should have put any in there at all, however, is another matter.

Yet more proof that certain people should not be allowed to reproduce.
Unfortunately, that's more and more becoming the sad truth. First it was that thirteen-year-old in the UK, now there's this.

I think there needs to be some sort of "Procreation Qualification Exam" that must be taken before a marriage license is issued. It will test both parents' skills on future parenting, and whether or not they should be held responsible if they decide to harbor children. It does sound somewhat restrictive in a way, but if it will prevent children from being exposed to many hardships inflicted from parents or lack thereof, then perhaps life will be made substantially better.

While I agree that she should have either aborted the procedure or put up a few of them for adoption, I need to throw up a side note: artificial insemination or embryo implantation is by no means a guarantee of conception. When they perform the procedure, they don't just put one embryo in there. They put dozens, possibly even hundreds in there. The doctor didn't breach any sort of ethical barriers with the number of embryos he implanted, necessarily. Whether or not he should have put any in there at all, however, is another matter.

They most certainly do NOT use dozens, and definitely not hundreds (how many eggs do you really think a woman releases, even with fertility drugs?). The UK limits the number of embryos that can be transferred to TWO. I don't know where you got your information on embryo transfer numbers, but it is completely incorrect.

I think that reproduction should be enforced upon people when they deliberately have more than two or three children.
Thank God I only have 2 kids, so further reproduction is not enforced upon me to have more. :xp:

I think there needs to be some sort of "Procreation Qualification Exam" that must be taken before a marriage license is issued. It will test both parents' skills on future parenting, and whether or not they should be held responsible if they decide to harbor children. It does sound somewhat restrictive in a way, but if it will prevent children from being exposed to many hardships inflicted from parents or lack thereof, then perhaps life will be made substantially better.

Agreed, with the addition of mandatory sterilization for those who fail the exam.

They most certainly do NOT use dozens, and definitely not hundreds (how many eggs do you really think a woman releases, even with fertility drugs?). The UK limits the number of embryos that can be transferred to TWO. I don't know where you got your information on embryo transfer numbers, but it is completely incorrect.

Yeah, I found the use of the "shotgun spead" method a little odd, myself.

I'm just waiting for the obligatory morphed picture of the mother sporting eight breasts and nursing her entire litter at once. :xp:

Anyone could have that many children through artificial means, so what's so fabulous about her story?

I think its because most people know the pain of childbirth and having 8 embryos at once would be rather painful. So obviously people would believe it is rather brave to push out 8 children into the world and experience that much pain

I'm just waiting for the obligatory morphed picture of the mother sporting eight breasts and nursing her entire litter at once. :xp:

I'm not. LF is a no-boob zone, tyvm.

I think its because most people know the pain of childbirth and having 8 embryos at once would be rather painful. So obviously people would believe it is rather brave to push out 8 children into the world and experience that much pain

She had a c-section. C-sections are standard of care for multiple births.

I badly worded my last post. I what I meant by 'enforced' was in regards to welfare and other benefits that come with each dependent. Although small in comparison to the cost of raising the children, I think that tax exemption and disability coverage should only apply for up to three children. After that, there would be no food stamps or other welfare provided for any additional children.

A family could have four children if they want, but the fourth would depend 100% on the parents' income. Anyone who already have more than this would have what is already in place, but in one year, no family could have more than the set number of qualified dependents and expect welfare to be provided.

It's unfortunate that there aren't more Japanese women like this one. Unlike in India, Japan's demographic age pyramid is inverted of what's standard in developing states (where there is a greater proportion of elderly adults than children to replace them) More children is not exactly a bad thing so long as there is only a minor increase in population from one generation to the next. Now we, the US, have many more mouths to feed and they are not likely to become over achievers. It would do them and the mother better for her to redistribute the responsibility over a greater number of qualified parents. Send them to be adopted!

Archived