Home

SithRevan Tribute Armor

This mod will be a very detailed armor to honor the late SithRevan. A lot of effort will be put into this, mind you.

(I wanted this to look like those t-shirts that say In Loving Memory in the back, with his avatar and some other info on the back, with his name(handle or real if I can find out) in big print on the front. I'm thinking of using a robe, with it being his favorite colors. I would like some other ideas, too.)

Edit: Never mind. Above idea in () is canned. See LadyRevan's post below.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm his twin sister so I can safely say he would greatly appreciate this gesture. :) He would however encourage you to use more of a color scheme to represent the armor rather then a picture on the armor cause it provides more of a theme that would flow with the story line of the game.

I know he loved the armored robe models, specifically the ones the Sith assassins wore (The ones that sorta looked like the Jedi Armored Robes.) His favorite color was black but he also loved the color red just as I do. His name was Matthew but he preferred to go by his alias "SithRevan", he used that named pretty much everywhere and in real life sometimes just "Revan."

I know he also liked things that would REALLY tie into the games story too. He was very big on making everything flow with the builder's scheme. This meaning that you'd be able to find the item in the game and it would have a story attached to it.

My brother also was a very devout Sith, he didn't really care much for the Jedi because of how useless and weak he thought they were.

So if I were to make a recommendation it'd be that this modification's armor would have the colors black and red in it (black being the dominant), would use that armor I mentioned above, would be immersed in the story line somehow, and would be placed on Korriban or Malachore possibly in a tomb or near a place of absolutely power or darkness... and would be solely for KotOR II... he was very attached to that version of the game.

I hope these recommendations help. :)

I don't have TSL installed, so I would need someone to send me the files or just have someone else do it

Honestly, I was surprised nobody opened a thread about this before. I've heard many people admire his mods.

Anyway, to business. Thank you, LadyRevan. I appreciate the help :) This way it can be much more to his liking. I don't know how to put items into the random loot... I'm much more interested in scripting. I'll figure it out. For the armor, the Sith Assassin armor... you mean this one, correct? 250px-Sith_ass.jpg

If that's the case, would you think the mask should be included, too? I always hated those masks for some reason. the eyes seemed too big.

Edit: For placement, I'm thinking of using one of the rooms in Korriban. Maybe use a footlocker and put the armor in there.

I don't have TSL installed, so I would need someone to send me the files or just have someone else do it

Honestly, I was surprised nobody opened a thread about this before. I've heard many people admire his mods.

Anyway, to business. Thank you, LadyRevan. I appreciate the help :) This way it can be much more to his liking. I don't know how to put items into the random loot... I'm much more interested in scripting. I'll figure it out. For the armor, the Sith Assassin armor... you mean this one, correct? 250px-Sith_ass.jpg

If that's the case, would you think the mask should be included, too? I always hated those masks for some reason. the eyes seemed too big.

Edit: For placement, I'm thinking of using one of the rooms in Korriban. Maybe use a footlocker and put the armor in there.

I wouldn't mind doing the armor reskin. Just tell me how it should be done. :)

He was actually partial to this armor...

Assassin_News.png

When he was doing that one modification on Trayus Academy he really took an interest in it because of it's unique design to all of the other Jedi robe armors in the game. Not to mention they have a model that does not have the mask on it so it would just be a matter of reskinning and replacing the models and textures in the appearance.2da.

If you want I could help with this modification. Give me a PM about it when you can.

My brother also was a very devout Sith, he didn't really care much for the Jedi because of how useless and weak he thought they were.

Awesome! The two of us would get along very well (in a very Sithy, dark side, kill all farmers/Mon Calamari/Telosians/smart-mouthed aliens/Jedi, betray our masters way). :D

As for the Tribute Armor, it'd be cool to take Revan's armor and mask models and put new black and red skins on them. I'm envisioning the mask being blood red, the hood and other pieces of cloth a darker shade black, and the other metal have a cool new pattern. This armor will be rendered even more complete when Sithspecter's flowing cape and belt model is complete. You will not only be able to play as Darth Revan, but as SithRevan, Dark Modder of the Sith. :D :D :D

Awesome! The two of us would get along very well (in a very Sithy, dark side, kill all farmers/Mon Calamari/Telosians/smart-mouthed aliens/Jedi, betray our masters way). :D

As for the Tribute Armor, it'd be cool to take Revan's armor and mask models and put new black and red skins on them. I'm envisioning the mask being blood red, the hood and other pieces of cloth a darker shade black, and the other metal have a cool new pattern. This armor will be rendered even more complete when Sithspecter's flowing cape and belt model is complete. You will not only be able to play as Darth Revan, but as SithRevan, Dark Modder of the Sith. :D :D :D

When did anyone mention Revan's robe??? :confused:

Anyway, sounds great. Not only are you honoring the memory of a great modder, but making a great robe in the process, particularly if you follow LadyRevan's ideas (Black and Red :), armored jedi robes and implemented ingame). I too prefer the Sith to the wimpy jedi :xp:!

Well, Me and HK-42 have talked and he told me he's making a mod adding a new tomb, with some new items, I'll let you know what the tomb will be like after I ask HK. :D. His mod will be released together with this armor.

He was actually partial to this armor...

Then we'll use that one.

In response to Lord of Hunger's ideas for new Revan armor, talk to HK-42, since he's making a new robe. Not sure if it's a regular robe, but we might make that, too, to make this pack bigger

Well, Me and HK-42 have talked and he told me he's making a mod adding a new tomb, with some new items, I'll let you know what the tomb will be like after I ask HK. :D. His mod will be released together with this armor.

Then we'll use that one.

In response to Lord of Hunger's ideas for new Revan armor, talk to HK-42, since he's making a new robe. Not sure if it's a regular robe, but we might make that, too, to make this pack bigger

The one I got is a Revan Robe(reskin by Canderis :D)

So I'm breaking up the jobs as follows:

Rtas Vadum-Reskinning.

Not exactly a lot of help. We need these things done before we can move forward.

.uti editing- Simple enough. I guess I'll do that with input from LadyRevan. Or you can do it yourself if you want :D

Modeling- Not sure how hard this is, as I'm no good in modeling. Masks seems easy enough for someone who knows there way around GMax. Armor itself may be kinda difficult.

Just out of curiosity, will this item be way overpowered, a little overpowered, powerful, decent, somewhat underpowered, or way underpowered?

Oh, and here's an idea for the armor description (yes, it is meant to be silly :D):

"This armor once belonged to the Dark Modder SithRevan. It is said that it grants the wearer insane modding skills, such as noticing low polly NPCs on Malachor and replacing them with very evil-looking Sith, replacing lame launchers with detailed ones, or just giving Twi'lek teens a new skin color. Use with caution."

Actually if you'd like I can start building a tomb module to house the robe. I could also start doing some reskinning on the tomb to give it that personal touch too if you'd like. :)

Modeling- Not sure how hard this is, as I'm no good in modeling. Masks seems easy enough for someone who knows there way around GMax. Armor itself may be kinda difficult.

Actually there is a model that already is without the mask. My brother used this model quite a few times in one of his modifications. I'll see if I can't find it for you.

[Edit]

Also, as a side note, I've made a logo for the modification considering it will be somewhat a project...

srtlogo.png

Hope you like it.

Actually if you'd like I can start building a tomb module to house the robe. I could also start doing some reskinning on the tomb to give it that personal touch too if you'd like. :)

Actually there is a model that already is without the mask. My brother used this model quite a few times in one of his modifications. I'll see if I can't find it for you.

[Edit]

Also, as a side note, I've made a logo for the modification considering it will be somewhat a project...

srtlogo.png

Hope you like it.

I already have the tomb module built. Ill pm it to you. A reskin would be cool :D Nice logo.

Thanks, means a lot. Nice to see people who want to help.

Let's see... the mask needs to be modelled. In the Lady's 3rd post, I believe. See HK for a couple other things, as I'm not sure if he wants them blabbed about on this thread. We also need somebody to make screenshots with the logo made by LadyRevan. I also was thinking of making a badass lightsaber hilt. Is it possible to make a black AND red saber blade?

I LOVE that logo, by the way.

Thanks, means a lot. Nice to see people who want to help.

Let's see... the mask needs to be modelled. In the Lady's 3rd post, I believe. See HK for a couple other things, as I'm not sure if he wants them blabbed about on this thread. We also need somebody to make screenshots with the logo made by LadyRevan. I also was thinking of making a badass lightsaber hilt. Is it possible to make a black AND red saber blade?

I LOVE that logo, by the way.

As to the blade, using a red core with a black glow would work, but a black core with a red glow doesn't.

Im not sure if SithRevan liked the Graflex-emmiter style sabers, but would any of these be a good design for the saber?:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/KomaB1ack/StarWars/Lightsabers/DRaven/Otherworld_render.png (possibly reverse the colors on this one, and change the silver to red?)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/KomaB1ack/StarWars/Lightsabers/Ravager.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/KomaB1ack/StarWars/Lightsabers/Nihilum.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/KomaB1ack/StarWars/Lightsabers/Sin.png

Maybe you guys could include ladyrevan into this chex mix by putting her into the tomb (If there is a tomb, which seems to be hinted by Mandalore) , as an npc, (possibly voiced) and she could talk about him a little bit, like a short biography.

Thats a good idea. Also your "assumption" is correct. There is a tomb but I know nothing about it.

Archived