Home

Just when you thought video games couldn't be more dumbed down

Alkonium

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you guys complaining because you're tempted to use it?

No, not really. But then again what I'm saying isn't 100% relevant b/c I don't even own a Wii. :p

Remember, you were all like something of "How could you not have purchased the console for all the titles of Samus alone, fanboy?"

I also like the way people are comparing this to "destroying achievement minded" play... *looks around* okay. This isn't something new with video games, we've always gotten hints in video games...

Mmm, youre right, I'm just too sentimental aboutthe good ol' days of atari to snes...and hawt pixelated mothers. :dev9:

^^^Then you wouldn't want to play SMW hacks: Kaizo mario world, SMW alternate dimension, or Super hell mario world.

Look it up on YT and tell me that *trying* to beat one of these isn't a new definition for masochism.

I may just do that. :lol:

Well, I finally managed to find all the cords for my SNES, and I've been playin' away. It isn't nearly as hard as I remember it being...probably because it's been three years since I last played it...

PS: I told my sister (who hasn't played Mario since she was 12) about the Super Guide feature earlier. She says that she wishes SMW had that feature. :lol:

@ GeneralPloKoon: It is. Some people think it isn't because it doesn't have specifically what they want, but just because it doesn't have specific things certain people don't want doesn't make it not successful. It would be like me saying that the iPod is not a success just because I don't happen to want one.

@ GTA:SWcity: Firstly, I never EVER call anyone a fanboy... don't misquote me like that again. Secondly, the only thing I was asking is if you're such a huge Metroid fan, why would you potentially miss out on Metroid games for Wii?

@ GTA:SWcity: Firstly, I never EVER call anyone a fanboy... don't misquote me like that again. Secondly, the only thing I was asking is if you're such a huge Metroid fan, why would you potentially miss out on Metroid games for Wii?

Mybad.

Err, Maybe I'm not as big a fan as I thought/hoped...? :giveup:

Though I am in contemplation of buying/preordering that resin fig of ZeroSuit Samus. That and I plan to treat her like gold on Gmod. I'm sure that accounts for at least something.

Well I still believe the Wii is a Fail and so does anyone I've ever talked to

Shigeru Miyamoto would like to disagree with you, but right now he's rolling in a mountain of cash and inventing a new motion-control Mario game at the same time.

Okay, since I can't seem to figure out how to word my post (numerous backspaces and such), I'll just say that, while it'll be good for the little toddlers that are attempting to learn how to play, and want to skip a certain part, this feature represents another milestone in the degradation of video game quality, if only because it offers the feature to cheat.

The feature to cheat has been present in video games since time immemorial, because people have been cheating using commands and codes already present in the game (most created specifically for the cheaters, and not the development process). What Nintendo is doing cannot be called cheating, as it is an inherent component of the game and not an unofficial solution.

Besides, a point that no one else here has mentioned is that implementing this feature may instead give way to making harder games, as developers will not have to depend on the player to necessarily complete it. If someone doesn't get it, they'll run past it with the help system.

Well I still believe the Wii is a Fail and so does anyone I've ever talked to
Well, my dear, you've talked to me here, and I don't think Wii is Fail at all. We just picked up Wii Sports Resort, and watching my kids play Mario on it is absolutely hilarious. Totally worth the money.

No More Heroes

NMH is being ported to PS3 and 360 by the publisher despite Suda51 wanting the series to stay on Wii.

Sucks for Suda51's sake because he wants his games a certain way and there's a reason why he wanted the game to stay on Wii, but it'll be interesting to see how NMH does on PS3 and 360 with people who dismissed it before just because it was a Wii game.

NMH2 is coming out next year and is Wii exclusive... unless the publisher decides to port that too.

But yeah, there are a lot of games people seem to be blind to when they talk about Wii because all they can see is Wii Fit or just like to dismiss the system altogether because it doesn't fit a particular image.

So now that New Super Mario Bros. Wii is finally out, we can see first hand what the Super Guide feature really is about... During my play through of the game I have not come across the feature once, so I had to do my research using YouTube videos, but here's an article I wrote about it...

http://www.twilightlynk.com/2009/11/18/super-guide-it-killed-your-family-and-kicked-your-dog/

I think Nintendo just confirmed something without knowing it:

Luigi is better than Mario.

I mean, the feature has Luigi take control for Mario, and he just does the thing you were trying to do flawlessly.

I guess my thoughts are true, Luigi is better than Mario, he just doesn't do anything cause Mario can and is willing to do it, but when he messes up and the job can't get done, Luigi'll do it for him.

Archived