Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VI: Death to the Sith

"What planet? Your ship's been floating in wild space for who knows how long. It may have been around for a whole century. There are no hospitable planets anywhere near to here, Jedi" the Jensaarai said, appearing in the view of the recently woken Jedi.

"Palpatine is long since dead. We have new Sith problems us force-users must handle" Nandorr said and smiled under his helmet. He bowed slightly in respect and decided the best course of action was to introduce himself.

"I am Nandorr, Jensaarai Defender. I greet you Alriana, Jedi of the Old Order" he said while bowing, glancing at Komad while he straightened himself. The Cathar was intrigued by this new arrival and it showed on him... Well, to the extent what body language could be cyphered from below all that armor and what tone of voice could be recognized coming though the helmet's vocoder.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Of course" Johra said and walked to his quarters, taking off his robe as he went. He was gonna get some sleep.

-------

Naeros stood in the hangar of the Empire ship. He and his team was going to be sent into the Star Destroyer, to open up the shields. He was in his Storm Commando armor, but had taken off the helmet. Then an officer gave the order to attack and the Storm Commandos climbed into the dropship. In a few seconds they were airbourne, and in space. Naeros walked into the cockpit.

"They are about to make the jump to hyperspace," the pilot informed him. Naeros nodded.

"We'll just have to stop them, then." He walked back to his crew and put on the helmet and grabbed his rifle. The Star Destroyer had probably seen them, Naeros thought.

(OOC: I'm creating another character, another nice foil for Andirrul, who will be the "mole" and spy who tries to infiltrate the Jedi and lead them to her--into a trap! She will truly make the Jedi want to say, "Death to the Sith!")

A sudden hiss of hydraulic pressure caused Andirrul to whirl around in hot alarm. No one dared enter her chambers while she was practicing skorost' and her Force forms! This one would pay for the interrruption.

"Forgive me, Mistress." A soft voice, which belied her cold and calculating eyes. "My name is Pahro Utonula. I know that you don't know the names of everyone aboard this vessel, so allow me to introduce myself properly. I am fully under your command, at your disposal, but I report to one of your senior officers. I am a diplomat--a spy, if the truth be known. I sense a disturbance in the Force, my lady. It may be a cliche, but I do. As you know, the Jedi are our greatest foes. I have reached out through the Force and sensed one."

"One?!" Andirrul laughed with haughty mirth. "Congratulations, you have the Force sensitivity of a four-year-old! There are thousands of Jedi across this galaxy, and you have sensed one? I'm surprised you're not a child yourself!" She glared at Pahro. True, she was beautiful--more than beautiful--but she seemed to have no brain. Never mind that! If what Pahro said was true, then she might well prove useful in the end. Thus, Andirrul asked:

"Who is this one Jedi you have pinpointed, Utonula? Tell me, if you dare."

The other woman closed her eyes and folded her hands in front of her.

"A female," she replied, "frozen in time. She has just now awakened."

"Is she surrounded by others? Has anyone else even found this woman yet?"

"Yes, my lady. They are Jedi. I sensed their presences in the Force, but she is the one who calls out to me without even knowing it, like a beacon. During my meditations--yes, even spies meditate--I cast my gaze outward, through the darkness of space, and found her possible location."

"Where?"

"Christophsis. This is what I honestly believe. I wish to go and investigate."

"Do so." Andirrul smiled imperiously. "Leave this vessel, and take my modest courier ship. It is the one I use when I go on expeditions--and, wouldn't you believe, I haven't gone on any yet!" She laughed. "That way, you will remain undetected and unknown to the Jedi as a Sith. Succeed in this mission--finding her and the others with her--and I shall reward you when you report to me." She deactivated her lightsabers at last, in case Pahro would have taken the opportunity to attack her. "You are dismissed, Diplomat Utonula."

The spy knelt down and then slid down flat to the ground, prostrating herself before she left the chambers of the Dark Lady. Pahro grinned. This was it...

Soon it would be Andirrul, not herself, who would be lying in that position!

"What planet? Your ship's been floating in wild space for who knows how long. It may have been around for a whole century. There are no hospitable planets anywhere near to here, Jedi"

"The planet is located near a Red Nebula on the very edge of Wild Space and I refuse to leave without those Holocrons and my Lightsaber, they are the only things that I have left, the few personal possesions I was able to save from the clones. If you won't go to the planet, then I'll go there myself. Launch me there in an escape pod if you have to."

"Palpatine is long since dead. We have new Sith problems us force-users must handle."

"I have no doubt that you believe you speak the truth, but you said you defeated Palpatine and his Sith order, if that is true, then where did this new threat arise from?"

"I am Nandorr, Jensaarai Defender. I greet you Alriana, Jedi of the Old Order"

That is a large set of armor he is wearing...I wonder what species he is behind it. He seems humanoid but for all I know he could be a droid under all that.

Alriana bowed her head in respect. I greet you in return...Nandorr. Tell me, what species are you under that armor?"

Wrath watched in awe from behind his helmet as Andirrul made quick work of Tyrannus. He didn't make a move until Andirrul left for her private quarters. He walked to the med bay and picked up a needle. He didn't have his body armor on so injecting himself would be much easier. He held down until the needle was full with his blood. He returned to where Tyrannus was and injected him with the needle.

"As you can see Lord Tyrannus, Andirrul is much different than Virul. My Gen'Dai blood will repair whatever damage was done to you. Since I have no bone structure the cells will take whatever shape they want such as a heart or spine cell. When you get the chance to catch your footing I wanted to ask you something, but first I have buisness to attend to."

Wrath left once again and headed to the Dark Lady's private chambers. On his way he saw that spy that was always lurking around the ship.

"Out of my way you spineless toad." Wrath barked as he moved past her.

He opened the door to Andirrul's chambers and knelt down before her.

"My appologies Mistress but I wanted to know if there's anyway I can help you in your master plan to take down the jedi. Also I couldn't help but notice that spy exit from your chambers. I do like them, they are more treacherous than the sith. They'll do anything for power and betray all. Would you have me slice her up for entering your private chambers, or perhaps for being a parasite?"

Andirrul winked at Wrath. "No, servant of mine. I require your assistance in an entirely different arena, a separate part of my plan to destroy the Jedi. You and I both know that they weep at the deaths of innocents, but what are billions of lives that are of no tactical importance compared to one politician who is? This is my aim, and this is what will make the Jedi tremble.

"Politicians, at their core, will do anything to get elected--all except those with misguided principles and naive scruples. I need you to find the ones that have held out against us for this long and either slay or capture them. Doing this, you will create Chaos, and the people will cry out for Law! We are the ones who will bring that law, not the Jedi. They are peacekeepers, not police. Once we have brought an end to martial law, we'll institute ours."

She stroked his hand. "I am loathe to have you this far from my side, however. Choose an instrument from the peons aboard this ship and give them my instructions. You yourself may choose who will live, and who will die." Getting rid of politicians may have seemed like a weak plan to those who preferred a more brutal approach, but Andirrul had always considered wanton slaughter to be mindless and stupid. Even the insane were wise in their own way. What better way to throw the common people into panic?

Sam'kil watched the Stardestroyer explode in a firey explosion.

"That can't have been to only one, there's probably more. Should we find them?" Sam'kil asked Taylor. She paused, making calculations of sucess and making quick mental battles and scenarios.

"No, sir. More than likely, the ship has warned the others, if there are others. We'd be walking into a trap, figuratively speaking." Taylor responded.

"Fine then Taylor, ruin my fun. I'll punish you later." Sam'kil said. A small grin broke out on his face, and Taylor managed to hold back a giggle. "Alright, send the General a message. 'We've met Republic ships, engaged. Do we continue or not?' Got all that?" Sam said to the soldier manning the message center.

"Yessir." The soldier responded, sending the message through space to the leader.

(@Jedi_Man: several problems there. One: that Star Destroyer had a large number of major characters on board, which you do not just kill off like that. Two: this is an alternate future, and Darth Virul was Emperor until Part V, and now there is no Emperor. Unless you fix your post accordingly, I'll have to disregard it in order to keep things in order.

@Chev: What planet is it exactly?)

"Very well. Just give us both the hyperspace and planetary coordinates, and we'll retreive them for you." Komad replied.

"Master Skyrider, shields are up and holding, and we are ready to jump into hyperspace." One of the crewmen explained. "Slight change of plans: We need to retrieve a few things for our guest from another system first. The coordinates should be coming to you now." Came Komad's voice over the comm. "Understood. Making the jump into hyperspace now." Reyvan replied, and the Star Destroyer quickly fled its attacker.

((The name of the planet is Jatalra. It's a planet I made up for the Rp.))

"I...just wanted to thank you, for going back for my possesions...and for rescuing me from that stasis pod. If you hadn't picked me up I fear that I would have drifted in space forever."

Alriana laid back against the pillow and closed her eyes in exhaustion. "It looks like no matter how far I run, how long I sleep, It seems that I will never be able to escape the horrors of war."

"I want to know...what happend? What has happend since I was trapped in deep freeze? Where did this new sith threat come from? And what were you doing out here in the first place?"

Garrick looked to his brother.

"Barek, get Vengeance and Po'voya'ka on assisting Komad. They will be more then enough. Also, get this ship into hyperspace onto the coordinates Jun-la gave us. Also, inform Captain Durrel that he will have to meet us on Mandalore in three days. By then, the analysts would known enough."

"Yes, brother."

Garrick nodded, he needed to go visit this 'Kurt,' as angry as Garrick may have been, the message was on an emergency channel, the lad had probably meant it to be important.

"I'll be back."

Captain Dreyvik Durrel stood in the dark ship with 6 Mandalorian analysts nearby.

"So, they say they found a Jedi on this ship?"

One of the analysts nodded, "Yes Captain, they already took her aboard the SD."

Durrel nodded, "Okay, we'll do just fine without her. Anyway, get all info in this ship into our databanks. Everything, ship's log, transponder codes, docking codes, nava-comp data, the whole kit."

The analysts sent acknowledgement pings on the comm and went about their business.

Suddenly, Durrel's comm chimed, it was Admiral Barek. He activated it.

"Admiral. We are commencing analyzation immediatley."

Barek nodded, "Good. But we have to move out immediatley. And unfortunately, your group will have to be left behind. But not for long, meet us on Mandalore with the gathered info in 3 days."

The news caught Durrel off-gaurd.

"Yes-s...sir, we-we'll do that. This order has come in an extremely difficult period, with Komad's forces under assault."

"No need to fear, we've dispatched two capital ships to assist the Jedi....we must leave now. Su'cuy Gar, Captain."

The transmission deactivated.

Tonatius had watched as they revived the Jedi. He mused mostly to Kalla, "One who lived during Order 66. Amazing. The Starlighter children were born during that reign."

When the girl demanded answers he spoke aloud, "Much has happened since you were frozen. Wars for peace have occurred and as to the Sith threat, they have always existed. Mostly from my world and beyond. You are probably familiar with the term Explorer."

((Explorer is a term used by Republic citizens to refer to Avalonians since that is what they primarily did when they first arrived.))

Tavaryn acknowledged the reply from Skyrider. In response he said, "Send me the coordinates and I'll meet you there."

He then headed straight for his ship. Ever since Bastion, he had kept one of the sleek Avalonian fighters at his disposal, courtesy of his sister. Like him, these fighters were fast in their movement. In no time, he could catch up to Komad's ship.

Tyrannus acknowledged Wrath and listened to Andirril bluster about with her orders. When she began on her plan for chaos, he said, "You seek to employ chaos? Hardly worth the effort since they are looking for us anyway and the daughter of the bastard taint is like straif cat on the kill."

He lounged against a bulkhead, "If you send this lowly one Wrath to do this, you insult his skills though he does have a brown spot on his nose because of you."

Jun-la received the transmission. She replied, "I am sending you the coordinates to our located. Relay them to Master Komad." Her hands glided over teh panel as she uploaded and sent the coordinates.

Andirrul lit her lightsabers again, but then set them aside. If she were to kill this second member of the Sith Triumvirate, it would be with the Force and her own bare hands. She despised him that much, to believe that the art she had learned from Lord Virul would be wasted upon him. She sidled up to him, knowing that if she were fast enough, she could nigh well break his neck.

"Well, then?" she asked Tyrannus, with a cold, haughty sneer. "What would you do if you were me, to take down the Jedi and all the structures that support them? Lord Sidious before me used chaos and then order to achieve his ultimate aims, so why should I refrain from doing so?" She ran her long fingernails down his right cheek. "Let's hear your plans, Lord Tyrannus. If they appeal to the distorted senses of both sides of my mind, I'll use them. If not, I'll summon Wrath. He and I, together, are strong enough to kill you."

She had a thought. "Wrath wants to serve. What work could he do that would not insult his skills? It's not as if I asked him to scrub the latrines on the ship."

"As for what we were doing out here, one of the Sith Lords we now fight is capable of taking over people's bodies upon death, and a year ago, following a crippling blow we struck at the New Empire, he was killed, but he escaped after taking over the body of a young woman, the Princess of the Avalon system, and my daughter's lover. We're hoping to track her down and free her mind." Komad explain.

"We're about to arrive at the Jatalra system. Be careful, it's on the edge of Wild Space." Reyvan replied. As the ship arrived in the system, Reyvan left for the medical bay, to gather the rest of the Jedi. "We've arrived. Kalla, Tonatius, come with me." He explained, leading the two of them to the hangar.

(@Chev: What should they expect at Jatalra?)

((Very bad weather conditions, Heavy pouring rain is very common and there are always dark stormclouds. The local plant life has adapted to these conditions and has somehow managed to thrive without much sunlight. There are a few small species of animals and even fewer larger animals. However the larger animals should be avoided at all costs since they are very dangerous, even to a jedi.))

"Much has happened since you were frozen. Wars for peace have occurred and as to the Sith threat, they have always existed. Mostly from my world and beyond. You are probably familiar with the term Explorer."

"Actually yes I am. I heard about them from a traveling spacer once when I was on the run."

"We're about to arrive at the Jatalra system. Be careful, it's on the edge of Wild Space."

"Watch out. There are certain unsavory characters who sometimes use the outlying planets as bases from which to launch attacks on ships. Pirates, smugglers...Mandalorians at one time, they've all used either my planet or one of the outlying ones to launch attacks.

"Tell your men who are going down to watch themselves, there are large creatures down there that are very dangerous, even for Jedi. And your landing party may not be alone down there, I don't know what kind of people may have taken up residence down there while I've been gone."

( Alkonium, I know this, which is why I was waiting for a response from one of the characters on board, so I made it a different Stardestroyer. There, since it would work because if your invading enemie space, you'd have someone watching your back.)

Sam'kil sat in the chair next to the information readout. No new ships, no new enemies, nothing, zilch nadda.

" Darn, there's nothing to do while we wait for a message." Sam'kil whined.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that, sir." Came the voice of Taylor.

Sam'kil smiled. He kissed her on the cheek, a quick peck, but all the same it made his heart flutter.

"We'll get to that later. I'm too busy now" Sam'kil said, dissapointed.

Kurt waited in the hangar for some kind of ship to arrive when he heard footsteps. He turned his head and tightened his grip on his rifle. When he saw Komad's face he loosened his grip and saluted to the jedi.

"Greetings Master Komad. Is there anything you need from me or need me to do sir?"

"As you wish my Mistress." Wrath said as he backed out of the doorway.

The Gen'Dai rounded the corner and assembled everyone on the ship. He gave out the instructions and ordered the sith to their ships. With that out of the way, Wrath made his way to the armory. He opened a metal door with the force and took his armor out. The Gen'Dai suited himself up and walked back to Andirrul's chambers.

"The sith have been sent to their ships and are on their way to locate these diplomats who dare stand in our way. Would you have me leave as well, or should I stay and make sure there's no bloodshed between the two of you?"

((Yay, I'm late, and yet somehow, right on time!))

Roughly A Year Before Current Events

'Thump', went a mans body as it fell to the ground, his humble brown robe falling around him, and covering him like a morticians covering. Another body soon followed, dawned in the same garbs as the other man, only it was the body of a woman.

They were Jedi, both of them, and they were both dead, slain by their overzealous nature, their desire to prove themselves against someone they deemed a Sith. Although they hadn't killed each other, nor themselves, this was all the doing of one person, a tall pale man by the name of Vector S'borr.

Why the Jedi had attacked him was simple, he emanated a dark presence in the force, although, neither Sith, nor Jedi, he was a wielder of the Dark side, but in his own eyes, he was not evil, simply......'misjudged', was the only word that came to his mind.

Vector stared at the woman as she fell, watching as her eyes stared into his own, slowly growing lifeless, and tears forming in them. Sorrow and hatred of himself filled his chest. Vector let go of the Jedi's lightsaber blade, the minor energy field in his Phrik Gauntlet deactivating automatically; the lightsaber fell, it's blade deactivating as it descended.

Vector despised himself when such confrontations occurred, and he came out the victor. He didn't want to kill those he had no quarrel with, and he certainly didn't want the consequences that came after. The half-Human had slain nine, a pilot and copilot, four Republic Soldiers, and two Jedi lovers. Although this only accounted for eight of the nine lives he'd taken, he knew that he had taken nine, he could feel the ninth life fading away with the woman's own life.

Vector couldn't help but feel great sorrow for what had transpired. He'd been stowing away on various shipments throughout New Empire space, traveling from place to place, simply trying to avoid detection. But one shipment lead to him being sent to a Republic supply dead-drop, because, he was not aware of the Republic's presence within New Empire space (Although at this time it was vastly minimal), he did not expect such an occurrence. Soon he found himself in Wild Space, aboard a Star Destroyer outfitted for stealth and surveillance, searching for something he had no knowledge of, and it was slowly making it's way into Wild Space. Desiring to escape the ship without capture, or even so much as any confrontation, Vector snuck[sp?] aboard a transport that was being sent to check out an anomaly that had been detected on a nearby planet. Unfortunately his presence was soon detected as the transport was small, and he'd gotten sloppy after hiding for so long. The male Jedi was first to act, not giving much thought to capturing Vector, they dueled, much to his own dismay, and to the dismay of the pilot and copilot, as the two force wielders' duel ended up causing a crash landing, which killed the pilot, and one Republic soldier, and knocking out the Male Jedi. The rest of the crew ended up attacking Vector as well, thus forcing him to end their lives, but before Vector could leave to avoid any more confrontation, the Jedi awoke from his concussive slumber, and proceeded to attack Vector, but this time more out of anger, than overzealous desire, as the Male Jedi could not detect his lover, he only assumed she had been slain by Vector, thus causing him to deliriously attack the half-human, and although the Jedi was clumsy from his head trauma, he was very dangerous, and Vector literally could not avoid lethal confrontation with the man, thus, ended the life of another servant of the Republic, and the Jedi Order. But that was unfortunately not the end, seeing as the female Jedi had awoken, and removed herself from the wreck of the ship, Vector thought he would have another fight on his hands as the woman charged him immediately, seeing her lover fall to the ground, and in the split second Vector felt the ninth life, and instead of reacting offensively, he put away his own lightsaber, and activated his Phrik Gauntlet, grabbing the blade of the lightsaber the woman was wielding. Soon Vector found himself watching the life ebb from the woman, seeing as the crash had mortally wounded her, he simply stood there, his chest filling with self loathing.

Vector snapped out of his daze, reaching out he grabbed the dying woman before she hit the ground. He lowered her gently, laying her down next to her lover, whom Vector proceeded to turn over so that he was face up, and holding his lightsaber on his chest. The woman, croaked out some strained and mumbled words that Vector couldn't understand, but from the look in her greying eyes, and the gesture she made, he could only assume that she was at peace with everything that had happened.

Vector simply grabbed her hands and placed her lightsaber in them, but in a desperate last thrall, the woman grabbed hold of his hand and squeezed, tears yet again forming in her eyes, but this time her eyes were filled with something Vector wasn't used to, pity, for him. And soon after that her life ended, and almost as if the male Jedi had been waiting, the lovers became one with the force at once, and at the same time. Vector was glad for that at least, the three of them would be together.

Vector looked at his surroundings and grimaced, this was one strange planet he was on. Dark, wet, and covered in sparse, but from what he could tell, dangerous wildlife in all directions, it was most certainly not a very hospitable, nor even desirable planet. Perfect.

It was just what he needed to avoid the roving eyes of the different factions that sought him for different reasons. Vector grabbed what he could find from the wreckage of the transport, and after burying the dead crew members, and marking their graves with crude stones, he began walking, to where, he wasn't sure, but he could feel something strange, if not amazingly faint a few miles away giving him an eerie yet familiar feeling through the Force.

Naeros squad exited the dropship, shooting down a few Republicans on the way. The squad of four entered a corridor and slowly walked through it. Naeros knew the design by heart, and the hyperspace system should be at the end of this hallway.

They walked into the hyperspace room, finding a few techs there. Naeros shot them down with his blaster rifle, as one of his squad members set up an explosive charge on the hyperdrive. Naeros smiled under his helmet and the squad took cover outside. He heard a satisfying explosion and knew that the Republicans would know of their arrival. He called the Admiral.

"Admiral," he said. "We have infiltrated a Republic ship and disabled their hyperdrive, moving on to the shields."

((Yeah, this is kind of late. Don't mind me))

As Komad left the bedside, the Jensaarai followed him to the door quietly, thoughtful of the situation. He could sense a looming danger in the Force and decided that although they might need him on the planet, he would remain and make sure the ship would not fall to enemy presence while the Jedi were away. He bowed to Komad and told him his decision.

"Komad, this is a mission for the Jedi. I will remain here and make sure you have a Star Destroyer to return to afterwards. And most of all, I will attempt to get as much information from our new arrival as I can to bring us all up to speed over her situation" Nandorr told him and bowed again before returning to the patient.

As the large Cathar took a seat by Alriana, his hand waved away the cloak strapped to his back so it would not be caught between the seat and the sitter. The Cathar Jensaarai raised both of his arms to the sides of his helmet to answer her question over his true figure. It would be best to show her than tell her. It both gained trust and showed that the Jensaarai had nothing to hide from the Jedi of any age. As the helmet came off, the Cathar blinked a few times before concentrating. His fur was a light yellowish-brown, but as he sat there it began to change. It first lightened to a pure white before darkening in places to form black stripes going along the fur. As the Cathar opened his eyes from the concentration, he stared at the Jedi and smiled, to the extent that a Cathar could.

"To answer your question, I am a Cathar under all this. But do not think that I take my helmet off lightly. To us Jensaarai, out armor is as much a reflection of ourselves that your lightsaber is a reflection of you" Nandorr said before raising an eyebrow. A question popped into his mind.

"I wonder, why do you not hesitate in greeting me. I believe that the Jensaarai were viewed as isolationist and dark-side affiliated during the old Jedi Order. Our own records tell that the first who accepted our existence between light and dark was Master Skywalker of the new Jedi Order. And because you have lived during the time Darth Vader was a known figure in the Galaxy, would you not fear when you saw someone with my kind of armor and a lightsaber?" the Cathar questioned. It was true that he felt no sign of fear coming from Alriana. More it was a sense of confusion and a feeling of loss if anything.

"The old ball and chain," Tonatius whispered to Kalla. It was meant as a joke, something he had a tendency to lighten the seriousness and to divert attention from himself. Out loud to Reyvan he said, "Aye, Master Jedi."

"Master Komad, should we do anything else in preparation? The Mandalorians and Jun-la tracked the Triumvirate not far from where we are headed." Tonatius had added that last bit before following Reyvan and Kalla.

Tavaryn had heard of the system and in fact was not far from where his niece was with her Padawan. The Lentaru sector was one only told about in stories. Still to come across a Jedi as old as his mother was an interesting prospect. Perhaps some questions could be answered when she was able. He powered up his ship and made ready to meet this strange jedi.

Tyrannus allowed Andirril to graze his cheek for a time but then firmly grasped it in his hand squeezing it enough to bruise it and possibly break it. His eyes were as dead as coals as he replied, "Palpatine was clever in playing upon the passions and prejudices of others. The true way to destroy some one is to destroy their spirit. The assassins of old knew this well. "

He squeezed harder with his hand, "Breaking a Jedi is what truly causes order to fall. Palpatine didn't understand this. If he did, then there would be no Jedi at all. He would have realized that Lady Oiche never was an asset of his. She fooled him."

He then released Andirril's wrist by throwing her back aways. "If you want to destroy the Jedi, break them if you can. Your former lover and cousin would be easier to strike at. Amuzing that they are together after that effect."

(As for my Lady's name, remember it has -UL on the end, as Virul did. :))

Andirrul, thrown back through the Force and Tyrannus' strength, stumbled backward and barely regained her balance. She was absolutely livid. "What?!" Her golden eyes were as large as freighter vessels. "Kalla and my cousin have feelings for each other?" She did not know who to tear to shreds first--him or Tyrannus. She suspected that Kalla might find another lover once she herself had become Dark Lady of the Sith, but Tonatius? Of all men, or all maidens, why him? Had she truly forgotten her little Evenstar so quickly? Apparently so--the two-timing mutant worked fast, if it was indeed true!

"Oh, yes, she hissed, her voice that of a holodisc on half-speed. "I'll break them. I'll break every last one, and it turns out that a thrall aboard this vessel I've sent out to bring me one. I wonder how Pahro is faring..."

Pahro Utonula loved to play the innocent. It was her favorite mode of operation, and at times, she could even fool herself into believing her own lies. Before she became a spy for the Sith, seeking fame behind the scenes instead of at the front of them, she had been--of all things--a holovid celebrity. At first, she had brought the Voice of the People to the people, as her program had been called, but gradually that concern of hers had faded altogether. People were dumb animals, especially in herds. Eventually, her broadcast was simply called P, seemingly standing for People but in actuality, only the first letter of her first name. In the end, she left the running of the P media empire to underlings, preferring to run the real Sith Empire instead. Lies were fun, but Sith truths lasted.

Today she'd pretend she was still the host of her beloved holovid enterprise, intending to interview the "Frozen Jedi". Pahro could see the headlines in her mind. She traded her typical officer's uniform for a reporter's stylish blazer. Everyone knew who P was, but no one knew she was an S as well--a S-ith, and a s-py. Venturing to the Jatalra system and arriving there with a minimum of fanfare, she asked around to hear the latest rumors.

Using the Force to try and pinpoint the Jedi, she headed for a distant place.

"You could be a great help to us on the planet. Come on." Komad said to Kurt before joining the others in the hangar. As they boarded the ATT, Kalla asked, "What are the odds that in 120 years, scavengers haven't looted the place, and taken what we're after?" Komad noticed this growing trend with Kalla. More and more, she seemed to be asking doubtful and pessimistic questions during missions. Doubt in itself was good, but the pessimism was what worried him. He had hoped that Tonatius could serve as a steady anchor for her after Bastion, but he knew that he was grieving just as much as she was. "Scavengers have more to lose than to gain out here." Komad replied. As the ship entered the atmosphere, they saw why Alriana had fled here during Order 66. This planet was inhabitable, but unpleasant. It seemed to rain without end, yet it was not even close to being a waterworld. "We should set down as close as we can to that ruin. That was probably Alriana's home, and we don't want to attract any local wildlife." Reyvan suggested.

Garrick was halfway to his hangar when something caught his mind.

The Sith do not reveal their positions willingly...this seems to easy...

Then it dawned on him.

Admiral Khorzan Velerc, Grand Admiral of the Imperial Navy, had survived the Battle of Bastion, and it was a known fact that he was a tactical genius, probably the best since Admiral Thrawn himself.

"A trap."

He turned on heel and ran back to the bridge, not letting anything get in his way.

Barek turned to face him as he ran into the noisy bridge.

"Well, you're back early, Garrick. Did everything..."

"Barek, get Jun-la on the comm again....oh, and Komad. This is an emergency."

Barek didn't question his orders, and immediatley nodded.

"Right away."

He waved a hand to the comm station soldiers.

A blue hologram appeared.

Garrick stood in front of it.

"Jun-la and Kaltas...I've come to a sudden realization...Sith are known for not making mistakes, at least not often. Something seemed suspicious, as the New Empire is well-known for covering up their tracks, and also...."

He paused for a moment, "The coordinates given are surround by Nebulas. In other words, a massive fleet could lay in wait, and we wouldn't know about it until it was too late."

Garrick took a breath and waited for a response. He could hear on his helmet's comm channel that Barek was calling in some more of the Mandalorian fleet.

Grand Admiral Khorzan Velerc stood in his usual position, watching space fly by in the Nebula.

A lieutenant came from behind.

"Sir, comm interceptors arepciking up messages regarding the traces created by The Avenger."

Velerc smiled, "Excellent. If they act like I calculated, they will be here soon. Now...all we need is a clear for combat engagement. Which I give."

A comm signaled.

Admiral. We have infiltrated a Republic ship and disabled their hyperdrive, moving on to the shields."

"Excellent, Trooper Naeros. Proceed with disabling them. You are cleared to do what you deem necessary for the Empire."

Captain Durrel looked at the ship's log.

"Jatalra....."

He thought for a moment, "Fierfek...we used to have an outpost there."

One of the analysts came over, "Yeah...I remember that...the incident with some strange local power, something...spiritual, the reports said."

"More like Paranormal."

He looked at the log a little longer, "Kajumo would love this....what say we visit some old stuff?"

The Analyst chuckled under his helmet, "Heck, might as well. Anything is better then waiting to get shot here."

Durrel activated the Navacomputer.

"Then there we go."

He put in the coordinates and punched the ancient hyperdrive.

(I thought that Velerc had taken charge of the New Empire after getting no contact from the Sith. And I think I implied that the New Empire believes Virul to truly be dead now, and doesn't know about Andirrul.)

"Understood. If our ship is unable to escape, would you willing to take our crew aboard, and escort Alriana to Christophsis? I only ask because our ship lacks the weaponry to survive a New Imperial attack without its hyperdrive." Komad replied.

Archived