Home

OMG! Something freaky just happened!

I remembered another one. My sister is recording this video on her laptop, talking with a friend about the 'time of the month' (the time of the month when all ladies get pissy). So, in the background is her messed up room. We see her little green stool, the one she used for the laptop usually. Randomly it twitches. Explainable, right? We have cats, they could have bumped up against it. We later on find it doing a dance, for lack of better terms. It's moving and shaking, stopping conveniently when my sister or her friend look, and, oddly enough, when our dogs bark. Now, my sister is editing the video and she finds the 'dancing chair'. She freaks, she's crying and blubbering. I'm laughing at it, to hide my fear. Obviously, something is wrong with my house. We found a 1940's Pabst beer can in our bathroom wall, it might be the spirit of the beer can. Jk, but something must be crazy with our house.

^^

to JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan, I dont know. It happened instatnly, it could have been either.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remembered another one. My sister is recording this video on her laptop, talking with a friend about the 'time of the month' (the time of the month when all ladies get pissy).

was it really necessary to specify their topic of discussion? :p

So, in the background is her messed up room. We see her little green stool, the one she used for the laptop usually. Randomly it twitches. Explainable, right? We have cats, they could have bumped up against it. We later on find it doing a dance, for lack of better terms. It's moving and shaking, stopping conveniently when my sister or her friend look, and, oddly enough, when our dogs bark. Now, my sister is editing the video and she finds the 'dancing chair'. She freaks, she's crying and blubbering. I'm laughing at it, to hide my fear. Obviously, something is wrong with my house. We found a 1940's Pabst beer can in our bathroom wall, it might be the spirit of the beer can. Jk, but something must be crazy with our house.

Yeah, it seems like your house is nuts. got an emf meter? :p

hm.. a question: was your sister recording her and her friend's conversation, or was she recording the room, and was chatting while doing that?

If its the latter, and if the video is not confidential or anything, would it be possible to upload it to youtube? (if its not there already)

to JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan, I dont know. It happened instatnly, it could have been either.

You could have fallen asleep, and sat up while dreaming. Do you remember how far the music that was playing was from the point where it was skipping beforehand?

Well, yes and no. I no longer have the video, my sis might, but I would need to warn you of the verbal content. She was filming herself and the friend and in the background you saw the chair dancing. It was on the same song, maybe a minute in song time, but it skipped alot. I'll admit my cd liked to skip, but it always ended in different places. Usually when i said stop, no lie.

If you mean you don't want a theological debate here, we could take it over to the LF Christians group, and discuss it there. I am very interested in what you may have to say. :) I can't remember if you have to be a member to see the discussions in that group, though. (but if you are a Christian, there is nothing stopping you from joining the group :) )

I meant that I didn't wish to spark off any debate by my saying that I believe 'demonic activity' as described in the Bible (or any religious book, for that matter) to be rubbish.

I'm not a believer in Religion or ghosts/ghouls/demons. The main problem I have with believing these stories is that there is often little evidence to support them (and, as always with the internet, you can write whatever you like and there's no way of checking it).

I have a friend who hunts ghosts, and visits places in Britain that are renowned for being haunted, even going so far as spending the night in the Watergate Tower of Warwick castle, which is allegedly haunted by Fulke Greville, but he has never seen one, or anything that would suggest their existence.

So until I see my sister's head revolve 360 degrees, or blood pouring from my faucets, i'll remain a sceptic.

Ok, on the para-normal I would say it healthy to maintain scepticism unless their is evidence to afford your belief. I am entirely sat on the fence to be honest, and would need considerable evidence (from either side) to be pushed from my middle position.

Further more some of the Christian element here, in their posts seem to be looking down upon the intelligence on non-believers. Religious belief, has very little to do with intelligence, I find this especially curious given the Bible itself at no point makes any relationship between faith and intelligence.

(Judging from your avatar, im guessing you're also a Christian, so i'll relate my opinions on this in a believer to believer manner :) )

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged" (Mt 7:1)

Yeah, i'm skeptical about human spirit hauntings.

Why are you sceptical about this but not the below?

If anything, it'd be demons masquerading as humans.

Why?

I saw bits of that movie a couple years ago. Im never really scared by movies/tv, but this one managed to do the trick. Mainly because it related to stuff that, according to Christian beliefs, is true. I would freak out if i was awake at 3am. :lol:

Most Christian traditions hold that a believer cannot be possessed; not that they have any Biblical backing for such a belief however.

Agreed. Yet as common as it is and the more it happens in this day and age, there are some people who still don't believe it; or won't believe it.

Present to me evidence for why you believe in demonic possession? Please present statistics to me that also prove it is common.

The story of Emily Rose comes to my mind when this subject is brought up.

I find it curious you bring up a subject by which their is not enough physical evidence to make any conclusion. If demons exist, is a somewhat different question to proving they do, and the fictional account of Hollywood based on

a "factual" case they grossly distort is not what I would regard as evidence.

Although, as i've stated before, if one of these 'demons' wishes to prove otherwise, then I might start believing.

Greatest trick the devil ever pull was convincing the world he didn't exsist... Monsieur Söze.

I'm going to start a thread in Kavars for religious/skeptical discussion of spiritual possession and daemonology. It's a fascinating subject but I'm thinking persuing it here would force the mods to get involved for hijacking the thread with religious discussion.

I'm not a believer in Religion or ghosts/ghouls/demons.

Cool. I couldnt tell if you were or not. It seemed as if you were. ;)

Further more some of the Christian element here, in their posts seem to be looking down upon the intelligence on non-believers. Religious belief, has very little to do with intelligence, I find this especially curious given the Bible itself at no point makes any relationship between faith and intelligence.

I only said what i said to give a heads up for the Biblical content to follow in a thread that is not necessarily Biblical, because what i was going to refer to is not common knowledge. Nothing to with intelligence, or condescension. :)

Why are you sceptical about this but not the below?

Present to me evidence for why you believe in demonic possession? Please present statistics to me that also prove it is common.

Well, there are a lot of references to demon possession in the Bible. Do a search. Seriously, its stuffed with examples.

As for statistics, i don't know if there are formal ones, but who hasn't heard of demon possessions?

I am skeptical to the human haunting stuff because i don't recall there being anything about it in the Bible, while it holds many accounts of demonic activity. And afaik, according to the Bible, humans are sent to a temporary place until the end where everyone gets herded off at the end. I can't remember anything about us being allowed to run around after death causing havoc. But then again, i could be wrong.

Most Christian traditions hold that a believer cannot be possessed; not that they have any Biblical backing for such a belief however.

I got scared because i was 12, and i saw the movie at night. :lol:

And I wasnt scared of possession, but of being scared. (like, seeing a demon or something).

My grandmother had a space lunchbox when she was six. She loved it, and took it where ever she went. One year her mom sold it in a garage sale. She was devastated. A few months ago, she found same lunchbox on ebay. She bought it, and when she got it, she looked inside.

Her initials where carved on the inside of the box. She was reunited with her lunchbox.

JM

O_O ...Deeeamn...

Archived