Home

J7's random tinkerings thread... (56k beware!)

jonathan7

Here is the pretty much finished Jedi Weapon Master armour, I've tryed to make it a bit more green, and tidied up a few issues;

I'm sure you still got some work on it, but my main "problem", with the armour now is, where it stops at the belly and on the back aswell => It looks flat.

There's no clear seperation with the layer of clothing under it, but since you"re still working on it, this might one of the things your still eh, well, working on :lol:

But like always, top notch quality!

I've also been working on having a few more alien Jedi around the place, this also gives an opportunity to see the Quarren head a little more close up;

Still some tidying up needed on that, and need to decide what I'm gonna do with the cloak....

Like the folks said above me, the eys look a bit wierd, perhaps to bright?Mind it's a god awefull low poly model :lol:

I also, IMO, still looks sort of pixelated? THough you mentioned you've made the texture a lot bigger. Could be the octopus skin :)

Anyway, keep them pumping out J7, t'is sexy stuff, right there folks, pure sexy stuff!!!

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure you still got some work on it, but my main "problem", with the armour now is, where it stops at the belly and on the back aswell => It looks flat.

There's no clear seperation with the layer of clothing under it, but since you"re still working on it, this might one of the things your still eh, well, working on :lol:

I agree. I can't remember if there is an edge at those armour plates as part of the physical model, or if the texture is supposed to have a shadow faked in.

Like the folks said above me, the eys look a bit wierd, perhaps to bright?Mind it's a god awefull low poly model :lol:

I also, IMO, still looks sort of pixelated? THough you mentioned you've made the texture a lot bigger. Could be the octopus skin :)

he looks kinda crosseyed (Quarren don't really have pupils, do they?). Maybe you could draw in some dark edges between the eyes and skin, just to give them some seperation?

You're off to a good start with the robe. The belt is too big, which I'm sure you were already planning on fixing. I'd suggest moving it up a touch, because the model seems to have a natural edge (where the shadow is pointing down in a wide 'v' shape). You might also want to try faking in a few layers to the 'skirt' texture. I'll send you some samples, 'cause I can't find any screenies right now.

Update on the Alien Jedi, here are two, the Rodian, is very much RedRobs, which he has very kindly let me use from the upcoming Revenge of Revan mod (RR41, I've tryed to make him different from your ones, by interchanging a few layers). The Quarren is also updates;

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=7894

The Rodian and the quanon look really good. Also, the mask Quanon made, it looks alot like the helmet of the Blood Dragon Armor in Mass Effect 2.

I see what you did there :lol:

Yeah, the helmet is based on the Blood Dragon thing from ME 2. T'was a request by J7, so I followed :)

Update on the Alien Jedi, here are two, the Rodian, is very much RedRobs, which he has very kindly let me use from the upcoming Revenge of Revan mod (RR41, I've tryed to make him different from your ones, by interchanging a few layers). The Quarren is also updates;

They both look kinda monotonous, because their skin tones are so similar to parts of the brown robes. Maybe you could shake things up by making the Quarren's robe Jocasta Nu yellow, and make the Rodian's similar to the in-game blue or red robe. He looks more action oriented with the padded pants and blaster holster, so a more dynamic robe might suit him better. The design of the Quarren's robe (down the front) is really well done.

The Quarren's eyes are much better. The blue on orange skin really makes the eyes 'pop'.

I should stop by here more often. :)

I think Nemo's robe looks brilliant, as does the Quarren and the weapon master armour - I'm not so keen on the Rodian, but one of them did try to kill Han Solo. :p

Great work, Jon - up to your usual exacting standard!

Hum I wanted to be able to compare your quarren with an ingame pic. So here goes:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Loppak+Slusk.jpg

Visquis.jpg

Those look like models from TSL, which were higher poly count and texture size than the K1 version that j7 is working with.

Hum I wanted to be able to compare your quarren with an ingame pic. So here goes:

Loppak+Slusk.jpg

Visquis.jpg

As red Rob pointed out those are both TSL models, which have a separate head and are much higher poly, so its not exactly fair to compare those with the K1 as there is a limit to what I can do with what is in K1. I can post a comparison between the original skin and what I've done, suffice to say I have already doubled the size of the texture map.

And while I was searching, I got a few ref pics:

Quarren_AA.jpgFerd.jpg

The orange one, is the one I was using as the reference for what I was doing, the one on the left is helpful.

As red Rob pointed out those are both TSL models, which have a separate head and are much higher poly, so its not exactly fair to compare those with the K1 as there is a limit to what I can do with what is in K1. I can post a comparison between the original skin and what I've done, suffice to say I have already doubled the size of the texture map.
Woops. I tought you were doing the bugger for TSL. Are you going to then?

Been awhile since I did an update on my mask, so here goes!

IMO it still missing something, the texture looks a bit plain when on the side of the helmet. So I'll need to redesign that part. I'm happy with the visor thing though. Guess I'll be tweaking some more before I test the puppy ingame.

Which, brings me to an odd point, in that I've no clue yet how I'll turn this into a "head"... Mmmz, Taina Replacer is out of the question. Wonder if the MDLops will handle this properly if I link the thing up to a regular head model...

Ohh, well, time will tell :lol:

Here's some rendershots of the thing:

J7_Mask1Col44.jpg

J7_Mask1Col45.jpg

J7_Mask1Col46.jpg

J7_Mask1Col47.jpg

IMO it still missing something, the texture looks a bit plain when on the side of the helmet. So I'll need to redesign that part. I'm happy with the visor thing though. Guess I'll be tweaking some more before I test the puppy ingame.

maybe if you include some of the metal panels (from the middle on the back, and just below and above the filter circle) so that it forms a strip that goes around the crown. it would start at the front faceplate and go around the temples to the back of the head. That way, it would make a better seam where the top meets the side panel. Right now, that seam is too noticable where the 'carbon fibre' stretches.

Which, brings me to an odd point, in that I've no clue yet how I'll turn this into a "head"... Mmmz, Taina Replacer is out of the question. Wonder if the MDLops will handle this properly if I link the thing up to a regular head model...

try the "invisible" head (66? IIRC), the one that gets swapped out with the Revan body model. I think that it is invisible because the skin mesh is set to Render=0, Shadow=0 (just change to 1). You might also have to hex edit, like Miro42's tutorial.

maybe if you include some of the metal panels (from the middle on the back, and just below and above the filter circle) so that it forms a strip that goes around the crown. it would start at the front faceplate and go around the temples to the back of the head. That way, it would make a better seam where the top meets the side panel. Right now, that seam is too noticable where the 'carbon fibre' stretches.

Thanks for the suggestions, I was pondering on adding more metal to the helmet, well, since it's a helmet that does make sense! :lol:

I'll just let the "carbon fibre" peek through here and there.

try the "invisible" head (66? IIRC), the one that gets swapped out with the Revan body model. I think that it is invisible because the skin mesh is set to Render=0, Shadow=0 (just change to 1). You might also have to hex edit, like Miro42's tutorial.

Invisible head? Héh, never dabbled to much in head editing, guess I should check it out.

Sorry, lol. Quanon, I LOVE the helmet.

Héhéhé, no offense taken, besides I already confirmed this model is heavely based on the ME-2 helmet ;)

Quanon great work so far :D I look forward to playing with the helmet once you've finished! :)

Woops. I tought you were doing the bugger for TSL. Are you going to then?

No? Why would I be doing it for TSL? Everything recent in this WIP is towards Force Fashion K1, while some skins present in both games will work in KotOR 2, the focus of this mod is improving the clothing and characters in K1. Force Fashion II is already available for TSL.

Now follows the tale of Revan Biggus Headus, the brave jedi who fought valiantly to defend the Republic against the evil of the Sith.

His first adventure takes place in the damp dark undercity of Taris!

Our hero scouts the area!

KotOR0000c.jpg

KotOR0001c.jpg

He set's off to explore further!

KotOR0002b.jpg

Only to get ambushed by a vicious pack of ragkhouls who seem to be jealous at our heros enormous head!

KotOR0009.jpg

KotOR0005a-1.jpg

KotOR0004a.jpg

KotOR0003a-1.jpg

This ladies and gentlemen is the most fun part of modding, failure!!!

But, boy this gave me a good laugh :lol:

Happy news, the helmet is there! In prime condition. Now to get rid of the big head :lol:

^^ lol :D

Hey, since the helmet looks so much like the Blood Dragon armour, why not make the Sith assassins wear a modified heavy armour to go with it? Or create one for the player, whatever. I've always thought the KotOR games lacked variety and personality with their armours, and it would be a nice nod the Bioware's other work... any chance?

Revan Biggus Headus is the funniest thing I have seen here in a loooooooooong time! :lol:

The mask looks awesome!

re: the rakghouls: I am wondering if those are a new skin? I have never seen them look so "good", not that they are sexy, but they are really crisp and detailed... makes me wonder if I need to replay KotOR on my better PC, although I had thought that my XP rig with my GTS250 would show everthing KotOR had to offer in the best light possible....

?

No new skin on the rakghouls, perhaps the smoothing by the Jpeg format, makes it look more nice or I was lucky to get them at their best angle :)

Ahum, after much fighting with the Hex-editing ( resulting in game crashes, flying verts and polyies all over the place... o_Q)I finally have a head/helmet hybrid working as it should. Now I only need to do some cleaning up on the UVW-maps, as it looks a bit odd now for the neck and the visor is obviously missing.

I hate that the exporter can't do a multi-material from Max, really slows down progress.

Here's a fun pick of the result, first positive test I had a flesh helmet, kind of yuck.

After a little hocus pocus in a hex editor, voila, steely helmet :p

HelmHexEd.jpg

Archived