Home

J7's random tinkerings thread... (56k beware!)

jonathan7

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicely done. The circled X directly over the crotch is a tad awkward, in my opinion. The holster is perfect, though, it nicely accents the shades of gray.

Zhaboka, its telling the enemy where to shoot. Very nice skins though.

X marks the spot ;) I've actually already removed the X just havent got round to taking a new screenshot, the above screenshot is quite old, but decided to stick that Skin in with FFK1

Dak also suggested that I could use Jolee's Robe for a Sith Assassin (as seen in K2, as such I've been reskinning Jolee's robe and a Mask, here is where I am upto;

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7662

Zhaboka, its telling the enemy where to shoot. Very nice skins though.

I LOL'd. :)

The Assassin looks great! The only other thing I noticed is that on the Iridonian armor the lightsaber isn't quite inside the model's hand. Is this just a weighting error or something?

Possibly, depends on if the female sand person is left over in TSL assets.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's still in TSL

In other news, I've doubled the size of the Iridonian armour texture, and will make it an item available to the player, theres still work to do on here, I've just improved the original texture this far...

I've got a couple colour variations I could add.

Have finished Bandon's armour (thats not his face, every time I used a Bandon disguise my KotOR game crashed for some reason)

Hey, your the guy to ask I'm trying to add my Jolee Sith Assassin model and skin, to appearance.2da, I did everything I thought I needed to do (i.e. hexedited the model to a new name, added another row to appearance.2da), but every time I try to equip the item, the game crashes. Essentially what I want to do is create an all in 1 disguise to look like a Sith Assassin (Quanon is making a mask based off the K2 SA mask). Any help would be greatly appreciated! GB j7

This seems to happen with certain models. I can't remember if it is the head model's fault, or something wrong with the body model. I know that lots of non playable bodies are missing certain hooks and helpers, but I can't remember if that causes crashes.

What does the new line of the appearance.2da look like? What head does it use? Is the item a disguise?

And finally I will make the Republic Special Forces skin available to the PC as a wearable armour;

The chest and back armour look great. I agree about the X; putting randomized camoflauge on a mirrored skin is always problematic, so you just need to watch out for stuff like that. One thing I always fear is seeing faces in the splotches (usually warped smilies :D).

I think that the holster being different takes away from the camoflauge-ability. I'd either make the holster match the belt, or make more of the little details (like the shoulder pads, knee pads, glove edges, etc) colour, rather than grey. That would balance out the colour.

How are you going to make this model available to the PC? Is it going to replace one of the standard armours?

More pics at the bottom of the post after the explanation of mod workings ;)

How are you going to make this model available to the PC? Is it going to replace one of the standard armours?

I thought I would start by quoting this and explaining, rob, asked me this in regards to the Republic armour and Republic special forces armour. Initially I was going to use these skins (click me) of mine for the PC at the start of the game. However I'm now thinking of just replacing the PC's clothes with the soldier uniform, makes the most sense considering you never see any Republic soldiers wearing anything but the standard armour. I'm additionally going to use the "J" slot for the Star Forge robes for a second robe variation, and for the NPC in party possibly custom things for them. I can do this as Revans Robes Revisioned will be part of FFK1, so as that is a disguise item, it doesn't use the "J" slot to equip those items. Does that sound like a reasonable plan? Various disguises for the PC will be made available including, the 3 Mandalorian armours and the Iridonian Armour, the Sith Assassin (presuming I get that working) and finally the Sith Stalker for females in the group.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's still in TSL

Cool there its easily moveable across then...

I've got a couple colour variations I could add.

Awesome the more the merrier. Essentially Force Fashion K1 is now a modification by "Holowan Knights" (which is what it will be uploaded as) given the contributors are RedRob, Qui-Gon Glenn, Quanon, Sithspectre, Dak_Drexl, Prime, Xavier2, Canderis, Chainz.2da, Kha and of course myself overseeing the project :)

This seems to happen with certain models. I can't remember if it is the head model's fault, or something wrong with the body model. I know that lots of non playable bodies are missing certain hooks and helpers, but I can't remember if that causes crashes.

What does the new line of the appearance.2da look like? What head does it use? Is the item a disguise?

I'll email them over if you fancy having a look? Currently Jolee is the default head for the model although I can change that...

The chest and back armour look great. I agree about the X; putting randomized camoflauge on a mirrored skin is always problematic, so you just need to watch out for stuff like that. One thing I always fear is seeing faces in the splotches (usually warped smilies :D).

I think that the holster being different takes away from the camoflauge-ability. I'd either make the holster match the belt, or make more of the little details (like the shoulder pads, knee pads, glove edges, etc) colour, rather than grey. That would balance out the colour.

I LOL'd. :)

The Assassin looks great! The only other thing I noticed is that on the Iridonian armor the lightsaber isn't quite inside the model's hand. Is this just a weighting error or something?

Taking the above into consideration, here is the current version;

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7683

The latest on the Sith Assassin is this;

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7682

Quanon is making a mask based on the Sith Assassin K2 mask, so that will look much closer to the SA's once thats done :)

Dak also sent me a model he had edited with a Sith Stalker skin, I adabted the skin, to see how it would work for a Sith Assassin...

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7681

On the Bastila front I've been experimenting with a balaclava idea...

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7680

As ever let me know thoughts....

More pics at the bottom of the post after the explanation of mod workings ;)

On the Bastila front I've been experimenting with a balaclava idea...

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7680

As ever let me know thoughts....

I personaly don't like the mask, but everything else looks great. :thumbsup:

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7688

Hehe!! Somone forgot to where there invisble clothes. :)

In regards to the crashing...there isn't any mask or helmet on the .utc template you are using that you may have forgotten to remove from the head?

Hey, no, I've finally got it working, but not sure why, I tinkered back and forth with the appearance.2da and its now working... Screenies soon, thanks for your help newbiemodder (I think you may need to change your forum name these days... advancedmodder maybe more appropriate).

Update...

Finally managed to get the Sith Assassin head working, and with the skin I was wanting for it, although currently equipped headgear isn't showing up with the head...

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7692

Still a bit to do on the Sith Assassin, I may have to go back to Jolee's model as they models lightmap is doing funny things....

Is that the Sith apprentice head? I'm pretty sure they don't have mask/goggle hooks. I'll see about fixing the lightmaps probably tonight - I'm pretty sure I can straighten it out (I see the wrist/hands are really weird).

You were right my good sir, replaced it with an edited PC head and it works :D...

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7695

Also, Inyri has said that I can use her female Mandalorians model in FFk1...

Perhaps being dressed up as a Mandalorian would be a good disguise for Bastila on Taris....

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7694

There sporting a Mandalorian Speacial Forces skin, though the lightsaber may alert to Sith to some funny goings on ;)

Here's a first glimpse to the assasin mask/ helmet thing I'm working on for J7.

This first version is something of my own tinkering and doesn't look like the TSL assasin much. But I promise to do a more faithfull one J7 ;)

Mind the skin is still WIP.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

j7mask1a.jpg

j7mask1.jpg

j7mask1b.jpg

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=7694

There sporting a Mandalorian Speacial Forces skin, though the lightsaber may alert to Sith to some funny goings on ;)

Very nice,:thumbsup: maybe add a mando sign on the chest.

=Quanon;2762348]Here's a first glimpse to the assasin mask/ helmet thing I'm working on for J7.

This first version is something of my own tinkering and doesn't look like the TSL assasin much. But I promise to do a more faithfull one J7 ;)

Mind the skin is still WIP.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

j7mask1a.jpg

j7mask1.jpg

j7mask1b.jpg

That is beast.:fist:

@Special Forces skin: cool look, but that is the male version of the armor right?

@Q - I really like the details around the eye "cameras"... is that echoed a little on the back of the mask as well? It looks to be from the first image at top, but the angle prevents seeing what is happening back there. My thought on the mask "eyeholes" is that the exposed mask surfaces that are revealed by the cut-out could use a different color, while still keeping the shadows you have. Just :twocents: for ya... looks awesome!

Archived