Home

Disney buys Marvel for $4 billion

Ping

Remember the issue where Professor X had crush on Jean Grey? Good times. :indif:

I'm going to attribute this to the fact that Don Rosa retired.

'Scuse what I said earlier. I just got really frustrated. I realize it was probably out of line, but I'm still kind of doubting Marvel will be as good as it used to be. I guess I just don't like Disney.

^^^Oh my GAWD! Such abominations should have to die horribly.

@ thread WHAT? WTF? That bites some serious bull****.

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/aug2009/db20090831_005947.htm

I can't believe this just happened! Better get the Marvel comics while they're good, cause the next comics are probably going to stink, knowing Disney.

Now, excuse me while I bang my head on the wall until I faint :headbump

Seconded with fervor. What next? Little children networks buy up Capcom? KOF decides to be an anti drugs rehab company? Somebody quick, hit me with my ugly stick--I must be having a horrible dream...

Yeah, I'ma grab all I can. 'Cept I'm broke as hell.

As I said the Swap, I doubt this will effect Marvel too much. Disney will just make alot more money. Similar to Warner Brothers and DC Comics.

Mmm, You must not have heard how they have screwed with stuff like record lables. Ask ICP--love em or hate em, ask.

I'm sure it will show up in a certain way: it's all going to get kiddy-fied in some way or another. If it doesn't meet their higherups' definition of family entertainment--they don't sell it until it does.

While it will keep the franchise around, I wouldn't doubt if it began chipping away at it, subtly.

TBH, seeing the SW area in Disneyland, I'm concerned what'll happen if the health of LA declines too much more... Though I seriously doubt Fox would give up their access without a serious fight. Just my opinion...

TBH, seeing the SW area in Disneyland, I'm concerned what'll happen if the health of LA declines too much more... Though I seriously doubt Fox would give up their access without a serious fight. Just my opinion...

Have you seen TCW? that's about as far from Star wars as you can get without being called something else... If disney were to take a Stake in SW it would be one massive ewoks cartoon :Shudder:

Archived