Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

Played the Force Unleashed II demo last night. Pretty similar to the original, maybe with the visuals and control improved a bit. Two lightsabers instead of one seems to make the saber combat less awkward. It's been a while since I played the original, though. Anyway, I'll pick it up, probably in a couple of months.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Girlfriend bought a new house today. Going to help her finish moving and do some lawn care this weekend.

Found a perfect recipe for Chocolate Martini's: 2 part vodka, 1 part Cream de Cocoa, 1 part simple syrup. Stir and strain into a Martini Glass rimmed with cocoa powered.

Felt lousy all day. Took the night off from work and found someone to cover for me.

My date went well yesterday... though she laid a lot of unbelievably heavy stuff on me. Turns out that both of her ex-husbands are incredibly abusive... to the point where one is behind bars for attempted murder (of her) and she's amazingly lucky to be alive.

I found myself crying about it all last night when I got home when I thought about all that's happened to her. Super horrible stuff.

She assured me that they are now out of her life.

Trust me: I'm playing it cautious, and weighing my options carefully... but she is clearly VERY into me. Which is the first time this has happened in my life, in... well... kinda ever. :dozey: It's been several Presidential administrations anyway since an attraction was deemed to be mutual for me... Several VERY LOOOOONG Presidential administrations...

And since the text messages have turned... naughty... it's not helping me think super clearly right now.

It seems like my love-life has 2 gears:

I hopelessly pursue women who can never have the slightest inkling of interest in me (which I quietly did about 6 times this summer, with various degrees of complete abject failure, since things with M. reached a clear finality for me...)

Or I attract someone with an overwhelming amount of personal baggage... and it still quickly falls apart anyway... (as in the Myspace chick from 3 or 4 years ago...)

Well... life is full of chances, and I really don't take enough.

She is very matter-of-fact about all the mistakes and bad decisions she made in her past. She wants to go the complete opposite route now, and make the choices that are best for her and her kids.

I'll see her again, but I'm going to take it as slow as I can. My work schedule doesn't really allow for much more, anyway. As it looks now, it will be at least a week and a half before I have another full day off again... She might get bored with me long before that...

So I had a nice outing tonight

of course it envolved about 6+ hrs of drinking, but I feel alright (i mean barely (and I mean that) feeling my alcohol)

I was at the Navy Club

I invited SXW there, but he couldn't come til about 9 he said, but he changed his mind when I said that I would pick him up, so it turned out to be around 7 when I did that.

long story short even after his fiance showed up, even she enjoyed the place too

so the club might have two new members, which is so cool

Yea, get a phone call last night from my GF. She was having a breakdown. The stress of moving, work, and "that time of the month" along with misplacing her apartment keys.

Finally got her to laugh, relax, and ordered her to take a shower and a quick nap.

Called her 2 hours later and she found her keys and was all calmed down and going to bed

It's all for a solo piano concert, too...

But there's lots of complicated projection and lighting, and 2 grand pianos on stage... one of which plays back what he plays on the first one using MIDI.

And yes: I've given up on looking for "normal" because I don't believe it really exists out there.

Normalicy is an illusion. Insanity, doubly so.

you forget we're from aresen, there is no such thing as normalicy.

even with that forum being dead as it is, it's still insane.

Infact, because it's insane, it can very well just be dead and still have its own lack there of sanity while it's own fake demise and there being a missing sense of sane thought. Not only all of that, the mere non-presence of conscious thought processes present that, I just practically said two things at once, meaning that even tho that the presence of the present persons in this particular precipice pardoning the presumably perception of peculiar persona's not currently present in the particular place of which problematic province of Aresen.

you forget we're from aresen, there is no such thing as normalicy.

even with that forum being dead as it is, it's still insane.

Infact, because it's insane, it can very well just be dead and still have its own lack there of sanity while it's own fake demise and there being a missing sense of sane thought. Not only all of that, the mere non-presence of conscious thought processes present that, I just practically said two things at once, meaning that even tho that the presence of the present persons in this particular precipice pardoning the presumably perception of peculiar persona's not currently present in the particular place of which problematic province of Aresen.

lolwut? :D

Archived