Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently, despite my rent that I pay, not only is any alcohol that I buy from myself, but also now that I cant even keep food that I buy for myself.

IE: under both circumstances I keep in my room

true: I am still living living at home. But literally I can't afford to live elsewhere.

Ok, so I'm paying from room and board. And I can understand that if I keep food and drink in my room, it should be kept from the general population with the rest of the place.

I shouldn't have to lock my door everyday. >.<

Another long day...

So we got through 2 FULL days of rehearsal without a hitch... then on the first note of the first song of the concert, the bass amp channel (which was the "STAR" channel for this show, since it was Ron Carter tonight...) decides to crap out in a big and obvious way.

Forcing me to spend the first 3 songs troubleshooting fixes over the intercom from 45 feet away while the orchestra continued playing as my crew scrambled all over the stage to repair the problem.

Made for a long night... and I'm not convinced it wasn't his bass... but we had to try everything until we hit upon a couple of things that worked.

Ouch. That is bad

Good news. Looks like my mother is finally going to come home after having major brain surgery to remove a tumor last April. She does not have any use of her left side still. COnfined to a wheelchiar.

Thankfully Medicare is providing her with a care unit that Gets her prepared for bed, and ready in the morning after bed. And on a few days take her to a nursing home during the day. We are getting her a powered wheelchair, and already have a lift van for her.

Only problem is, she pretty much needs 24 hour care. So it is going to be difficult to do much else "on a whim" until I move in with my Girlfriend (possibly in march)

well, she only stayed a few days in the hospital.

She has spent the rest of the time at a "Skilled nursing" facility where the do a lot of rehab work. It has take a while to get all the red tape done to get Medicare to pick up the new care.

Btw, I now have new found respect and desire for a Universal health care system (aka socialized medicine). There would have been no way for my Parents to pay the $15,000/month care my mother needed without Medicare, not to mention the Chemotherapy, and major brain surgery she had. If there wasn't medicare, my mom would likely be dead or a drooling vegetable by now.

I just learned GT5 is delayed until at least Christmas! WTF?!?? Grr!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Well... that sucks.

Oh well... more time to blow through F1 and now I'll pick up the WRC game. And leXX has offered a challenge to me on Blur that must not go unanswered.

Still... that sucks.

Haven't done Minecraft. Don't have that kind of time.

I might have a couple nights next week for some Halo though. Tuesday and Thursday nights should be free... if nothing else comes up.

At work with Hugh Masekela tonight. Blood, Sweat, and Tears tomorrow night. Whoo!

I'm gonna try to meet up with that girl from last weekend this Sunday (without her kids this time) to see if there's really anything there. She's been laying on the text messages and Facebook postings pretty thick this week. I've been just trying to keep up.

So... Obama is apparently next door from my building at work.

The drive-in and parking situation was involved enough with everyone flocking into the city to go to the convention center... but now there are Secret Service guys (badly-named, as they are not at all secretive... they'd make terrible ninjas...) crawling all over our neighborhood.

Had to load-in early because the gear truck was in a no-parking zone for today, and we were told to have it gone by 2 (our load-in time) or it would be impounded with everything inside; then a bunch of people in the band (Blood, Sweat, And Tears...) standing outside our stage door were told to "be somewhere else RIGHT NOW!"

Fun day so far. ;)

Archived