Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life is crazy. Too much work... and all of a sudden I seem to have a life worth actually scheduling around it.

Where was this for the last couple of decades... :rolleyes:

Spent the evening mixing the guy who used to play guitar and lead the band on the Jay Leno Tonight show. It was a good show (despite almost NO advance info for what it was...) and he was a really nice guy and easy to work with.

Yup... him.

No he didn't laugh at everything... he wasn't being paid to last night. :dozey:

He was a nice guy to work with... and at the end he gave me a "man-hug" and thanked me for all my work. We were both a bit dismayed at the student Turkish flute player who always needs his flute at Death-Metal like decibel levels in all the monitors. This kid has always been a problem on our stages, and it was nice to see him get gently put back in his place by the likes of Kevin Eubanks.

But it could have been a much rougher night: I've also worked with Jay's first bandleader, Branford Marsalis... and let's just say, he's not really like that... :rolleyes:

Really mad. Had such a good weekend to be ruined by a bimbo

I was puling out of a grocery parking stall, and was making a hard turn because i was trying to avoid some people unloading their groceries at the end of their car. As I was turning the front driver side corner of my bumper scraped along the back corner of the car next to me rubbing my paint on her piece of plastic molding and causing a small 2 inch scratch on the plastic.

She claims i damaged her car and she wants it like new. I told her I was not going to be responsible for replacing a $400 peice of plastic and I would give her $10 to take it into a detail shop to sand it down and touch it up. She wanted it "Puffed and painted" and i tried to epxlain to her you cannot do that with plastic. Then she wanted to see my ID. I told her I would not give her my address, nor any other information on that card because of identity theft problems. I would give her my name, phone number, and a name of the Owner of a nearby car repair place.

She was making a big deal, and I was trying to be reasonable and rational.

"I take care of my car unlike you" I got fed up because she wasn't being reasonable, and realized that no real damage was caused, nor injuries and she had NOTHING. I gave her one final offer of $20 to make whole and she "Wanted to call my husband"

I have her my Name, and phone number and said, you are being unreasonable over something so minor. GOOD DAY!

she probably recorded my license plate number. But I didn't care anymore, cause she really cannot prove I was the one that cause the damage. Yes there was a scratch on her bumper, but did I cause it?

You should have bought her a brand new car! What's wrong with you?!?? :dozey:

Russian comedy show last night. Very bizarre and surreal. Very little English spoken. Thankfully we have 2 Russian speakers on our crew to interpret.

More work tonight. And tomorrow... :rolleyes:

wharrrrrgharbl

I'd be pissed if you hit my nice car and got all pissy, no offense, my MIL did it to my wifes car a month after we got it. big ol scratch through the clearcoat

albeit, your fix would have probably made it fine had it not damaged the clear

I used to care about stuff like that... but once the car reached the 4 or 5 year mark, and since my neighbor's tree (that hangs over my driveway) pretty much craps on my car's finish year round, I stopped.

It still starts and stops when asked; and it isn't cold in the winter, or full of raccoons... So it's really good enough. Not concerned with what it looks like anymore.

When I get something new, I'll start caring again.

I'd be pissed if you hit my nice car and got all pissy, no offense, my MIL did it to my wifes car a month after we got it. big ol scratch through the clearcoat

albeit, your fix would have probably made it fine had it not damaged the clear

It was the plastic cover for the bumper. Plastic, so no clear coat to worry about

And quite honestly, $10 is better then nothing because there is no way for her to prove that before I pulled out of my parking stall there was no scratch there.

This is like a Action figure collector complaining the figure has lost it's value since the cardboard for the blister pack has a slight bend in the corner,

It was the plastic cover for the bumper. Plastic, so no clear coat to worry about

And quite honestly, $10 is better then nothing because there is no way for her to prove that before I pulled out of my parking stall there was no scratch there.

This is like a Action figure collector complaining the figure has lost it's value since the cardboard for the blister pack has a slight bend in the corner,

lots of plastic gets clearcoated now a days. if its color matched, its cleared.

the bumper on my wifes car is. same with my old car.

as for the rest, who the **** cares if she can't technically prove it, you admit you hit her car, man the **** up dude. that **** is what is wrong with society, its not 'i screwed up sorry' now its become 'prove it'

This can only end humorously.

FTFY :D

Zargon,

I did "man up" and offered her a solution and offered to pay for it. But she didn't think that was enough, nor was understanding, nor reasonable, and was insulting.

It works both ways

10 bucks is a ****ty offer when you just scratched someones newer car dude

she wasnt being resonable, but if you ate my filet and offered me a mcdouble I would get unreasonable fast :thmbup1:

Archived