Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

thats not exactly a 'good' reason to get married......unless you refuse to cohabitat without marraige.

which, since you say you guys get intimate, would be kinda of........odd.

If we are living together, there is going to be a ring on her finger, and a date planned. I refuse to move in with my love without a plan to get married

Too often you cannot place it, why you love. For me, I am more relaxed, able to speak my mind without fear, and feel better about myself with my loved one with me.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ol' XBox is now winging it's way to Texas.

We'll see how this goes...

EXTREME SKI MOVIES!!! at work tonight.

I don't ski... so it's all a little lost on me... as it is every year they come here.

But it's an extra $500 to sit here all day and do... well, not much in the way of any real work, actually... so that part isn't lost on me.

If we are living together, there is going to be a ring on her finger, and a date planned. I refuse to move in with my love without a plan to get married

Too often you cannot place it, why you love. For me, I am more relaxed, able to speak my mind without fear, and feel better about myself with my loved one with me.

:thmbup1:

as long as you are sure!

Good to know... just in case it ever comes to that. Worst case scenario: I buy a good, clean used one and mount my drive to that.

At least I have learned this is a known issue...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_System_Software (look at the bottom of the Nov. 1 system update entry...)

thats as far as I recall.....its been a while

Work was neither particularly long or difficult today... just kind of dumb and annoying... and I was completely exhausted. But I refused to complain about that, since the reasons for that exhaustion were truly of my own doing, and very, very good ones.

Still... I'm really not cut out for the late night life anymore. If thing is going to continue, I'm going to have to try to push the rendezvous schedule to something more sane.

Who cares what the name is/was on a piece of gear as long as the actual product is solid?

Most of the world's TV/monitor screens are all made in the exact same couple of factories in China, anyways... with different names on the outside, and slightly different feature sets once shipped to the places they are assembled into final products and placed in bezels. The screens themselves are largely the same.

I have a small super-cheap Dynex TV in my bedroom that looks great. Just lacks all the features that most high end ones have.

And my full size HDTV is a Vizio... which was considered an off-brand not that long ago.

OK, everything at Best Buy was crap. Here's my problem. Most monitors today have a max resolution of 1920x1080. Obviously this is because that is the HD standard now. However, monitors used to go up higher than that, and I still have games I want to play in glorious 1600x1200. It turns out there are only like...6 monitors that still come with a vertical resolution of 1200. Two of them are HP pieces of garbage. Two of them are ridiculously high-end. Then there's an ASUS and a Dell. I went with the Dell, since I just got one like that at work, and I know it's solid. So...that's that, I guess. Technology is stupid.

Archived