Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took the day off from work. Finally a 2 day weekend... on Wed./ Thurs... but still 2 whole days! :D

Dentist appointment this morning. Then came home and took a nap. Just trying to chill. Still have laundry to tackle. I'll have to start that after some dinner.

Spending the day tomorrow with the girlfriend (I'm still having trouble getting used to that idea... but there's really no denying it at this point...) and her kids. Probably going to see Megamind.

Kinda scared. I am up with my Lady celebrating her Birthday. Downtown La Crosse was having their holiday open houses. We went to a jewlery store to look at rings. FINALLY we found a ring I could afford and she likes, and it was on sale. She was practically dancing around knowing we found it. We also found a matching ring for myself.

Scary

Ed, I know you're into racing games. Do you play with a wheel and pedals or just the controller?
So far I've been using the standard controller.

I might buy a wheel at some point after I get GT5. But I imagine it will be like learning the games all over again.

Unfortunately, there's no universal console wheel... so I'd have to buy one for the XBox, and a different one for the PS3.

I'm buying most of my racing titles for PS now. I figure that will be the system to get the wheel if I have to choose. A lot more choices. There's only a couple of decent ones for the XBox. And they are all expensive.

Why do you ask? Thinking about getting into it?

So far I've been using the standard controller.

Why do you ask? Thinking about getting into it?

Not really. I used to enjoy racing games, but none of the recent ones I've tried has really done it for me. It seemed like it might be a funny party thing, though, if you had a couple wheel and pedals setups. Eh, maybe I'll check out Rock Band 3, though.

Have you seen the latest Rock Band controller?

Yeah, that's kind of why I was interested. The Pro Mode guitar and keyboard. I certainly wouldn't buy it without the Squire. On the other hand, I could just...play those things for real. It's going to depend on how fun the experience actually is and who else I know who might be up for playing.

It seems like a good way to force me to practice, and learn some songs using a weird tablature program.

It would be cool if they came up with a "Super Advanced" mode for trained musicians, and had the sheet music scroll by for each instrument. That would make you a killer sight reader in a hurry.

Just got notification that the XBox repair is complete!

We'll see how long it takes to get shipped back.

Work last night was pretty easy.

I have a day off... but no plans for a change. The lady is fighting a cold and exhaustion, so all plans are postponed.

So I'll finish the laundry, do some shopping, some housework, and catch up on some rest... though not necessarily in that order.

Archived